Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:17 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

lildom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:24 pm    Author: lildom    Post subject: hello i'm new someone help me!

Warnings: 0
hey everyone

i'm dom and new to the forum
i applied to become a contestant on deal or no deal in dec, then monday they rang to talk to me about my application i answered but was driving so we agreed on the phone for them to ring me back between 5-6pm when i was free ! - but they never did and the suspense is killing me !

i feel like i've blown my chance of getting a audition :smt009 has anyone had a similiar situation ?? did they ever ring back ?

i was soooooooooo ridiculously excited that they have even concidered my application, so now feel completely gutted that i couldn't take the call :smt009 :smt009 :smt009

someone cheer me up and tell me they'll ring me back !

dom
xx

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

They were probably busy on that day so forgot.

You would be best either emailing them or by ringing up the number that they phoned you up on...

lildom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 pm    Author: lildom    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

wish i could but the number was with-held i have no idea where to start with an email address !

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Do you know the name of the person who called you?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

Yeah that's a similar story to my previous "success"; I was on shift at work when I received a call from a withheld number...an eerie feeling made me answer the phone, given it was literally just after Deal finished (exactly 4.57pm!) and I was right to answer the call...but sadly my then-manager's meerkat-esque instincts kicked in and turned up while I was talking to the guy on the phone...I had to cut the call short, explaining I was busy at work but would be off work the next day...but they never called me back and I had no further contact. :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

lildom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 am    Author: lildom    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

No idea who rang me :smt009

i'm quite angry actually that they agree to ring you back then don't ??
big -davey did you then reapply and get on ??

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:05 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

You could always ask the Banker on twitter. He may be able to help in some way.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

Yep I re-applied...but never heard anything back...and given the whole "previous applicants need not apply" and the site recognising any existing email addresses I have, I think I know where I stand. :|

Of course I could set a new address and try again next time they're looking...so never say never! And just coz all this happened to me doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen to you...especially given it happened to me in early 2007 :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:31 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

Hi lildom, welcome to the forums.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, you've sent your application in so they have your details, so it's not like they can't ever get in contact with you again. If they want you they'll call, it's just a case of waiting now, but don't get yourself worked up, what will be will be. :smt023

lildom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 pm    Author: lildom    Post subject: Re: hello i'm new someone help me!

aw thanks 'banker' :D just feel deflated as i hadn't heard anything from the show untill monday so was over the moon that i even got the call !?
so kinda feel teased ! :?

anyway like you say what will be will be :smt023 thanks for the msg x

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]