Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: New Arrival!!

Warnings: 0
Hi all... got my audition tomorrow and can't wait to get there... haven't slept since getting the phone call and receiving my Bronze ticket... I know there's a long way to go but can't help thinking of sitting in the chair!

I'll update tomorrow with how I get on... fingers x'd for me!! :D

Good luck to everyone whose joining me on the thrill ride... :smt023

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your audition!! :D

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Wow that was quick!! :smt023

Thanks for the welcome... I guess this is where the journey begins! Just hope I can make a good impression tomorrow!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done for getting an audition! It's certainly a very exciting experience; whatever happens. :D

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Thanks David... its not until you actually get the call that you actually start believing it could be you!! And then the whole DOND world opens up and you realise that theres a lot going on such as forums like this one... it must be an amazing experience and one to cherish for the rest of your life! The site is great by the way and congrats on such a successful forum... :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Chancehereforutd wrote:
Thanks David... its not until you actually get the call that you actually start believing it could be you!! And then the whole DOND world opens up and you realise that theres a lot going on such as forums like this one... it must be an amazing experience and one to cherish for the rest of your life! The site is great by the way and congrats on such a successful forum... :smt023

You don't believe it's all happening until you actually get into the studio! (And that's if you're lucky to get a place on the show!) Until then, there's a feeling of "This is too good to be true". That's what I found anyway.

I'm glad you enjoy the forum; although I mustn't take full credit for it - kestral is the one who set it up nearly 4 years ago, and I've been merely helping him to run it!

And once again, a massive GOOD LUCK for tomorrow! Just be yourself and you'll be fine. :smt023

East-Wing-Emma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 am    Author: East-Wing-Emma    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Best advise is just to be yourself. You will either be what they are looking for or not. There were lots of people at my audition who were trying to be outrageous and get noticed but they want people who are normal(ish) and will fit in with the others on the wings. It isnt big brother remember!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed you are back with good news!

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:36 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

:D welcome-and good luck at your audition.yes it must be an amazing experience-one i am still dreaming of having-despite it being over 3 yrs since my audition!!-anyway this is not about me-so all the best and just be yourself!.garry.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Yeah it's 3yrs for me in Feb havelius :smt009

All the best for your audition chance x

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

:roll: hope u do get the call,lindy lou...i sometimes feel i am deluding myself as most people would have given up by now.
i just cant shake off the feeling its meant to be as anyone who
knows my story would know.so lindy lou...u never know...garry.

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 am    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

OMG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just got home having won a silver ticket :smt023 ... just gotta wait and see now!! Its been such a long day but met some fantastic people with some great stories... Philip in the original Zulu was hilarious!!!! :smt046 I'm sure this is just a snippet of what being on the show is like and am really hoping I get that call!! The next few months/years are going to be a nightmare not knowing!!!!! :ponder:

Thanks for all your message guys... those waiting are tru inspirations!!! Keep up the faith...

hevelius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

:smt026 :smt026 well done!!...so pleased for u-u must be on cloud nine!!.garry.

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:39 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Thanks Garry... I'm still pinching myself to be honest... there were so many people there at one point I just thought how on earth are they going to distinguish between me and any of the others auditions!!! Crazy days!! Its kind of a strange feeling this morning tho... feel so excited about getting thru but reality is starting to hit home that theres still a long way to go and no guarantees!!! :smt009

I'm just gonna try and put it to the back of my mind and keep watchin the show :smt038 :smt038

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

yeah best way i think trying to forget about it ?but that will be hard you must feellucky i would be well excited i posted my application off last xmas and i still think god how i wish for that phone call my little boy his 2 now and he loves it i would make him so pround if i got on the tele ......Good and all the best luck to you chancehereforutd. :smt023 go xmas shopping or something and take your mind of it....... :lol:

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

yeah best way i think trying to forget about it ?but that will be hard you must feellucky i would be well excited i posted my application off last xmas and i still think god how i wish for that phone call my little boy his 2 now and he loves it i would make him so pround if i got on the tele ......Good and all the best luck to you chancehereforutd. :smt023 go xmas shopping or something and take your mind of it....... :lol:

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Thanks Icc... I feel so lucky and privileged to have got this far and know there must be thousands out there who are waiting for THAT phone call!!! My little boy is 16 months old so I'm really hoping I can get on the show next year when he's old enough to understand... it would be amazing! :D

Good luck with your application... you never know when that phones gonna ring! Mine was on my birthday!!! Random :smt023

East-Wing-Emma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am    Author: East-Wing-Emma    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Well done - that is brilliant news. Just to let you know, some of the people I appeared with received their call really really quickly and were on the show within a matter of months. Others, Like myself and debs, waited ages for the call (my audition was in Feb 08 and I had my call on my birthday in April 09) so don't ever give up hope. Just dont spend the whole time watching your phone like I did for the first few months or it could drive you round the bend ha ha. Lets hope we are seeing you on our screen sometime soon.

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:25 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

awwww that gives us hope then now hope you enjoyed you time there emma you lucky gal :smt023 ,awww thats great your son is 16 month i,m sure he will noticed you if you are waving frantically crazy on the tv chanceherefurtd :smt041 :wave: :smt039 :cow ,all the luck to you i reckon noel is a right blast aswell he makes me laugh :-D just be yourself thats all you can be and hope they like..xxxx :smt023

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

Thanks for the advice Emma... its great to hear from someone who's been on the show and can write with experience about it... I've been reading horror storries about people never being contacted again but I guess you're a great example of someone who waited patiently in the wings ( :lol: ) and came up trumps... I've been looking after Harry (my lil boy) over the past couple of days as my wife has just had a minor op so thats taken my mind off things!!! :lol:

hevelius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: New Arrival!!

:bonk: i guess that it may have been my 'halloween' story that u read when referring to some people having horror stories?.i dont think u have anything to worry about as u have a silver ticket!-my situation is that i dont know for sure whether i will be contacted again or not as i auditioned before the days of bronze/silver/gold tkts.i feel sure that people from endemol must read these posts and as they and other readers are probably getting sick of me-lol-i ask please please could u put me out of my misery if its a definite 'no'.i am garry baily from cleethorpes,auditioned august 15 '06.as i have told in great detail in my thread i was contacted twice at halloween in '06 and '07 and since then-nothing.i feel like i am hitting my head with a pretend rubber mallet in not giving up but feel i have a genuine story and have been waiting a very long time.so please powers that be please let me know asap if i have no chance of getting on the show.thanks.garry aka 'hevelius'.

Last edited by hevelius on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]