Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 17 posts ] 

Kaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 am    Author: Kaz    Post subject: Hi every-one

Warnings: 0
I have been posting on the other deal or no deal site but have found that there is not much activity on that forum and I am amazed to find this site with so much going on :D
I was fortunate enough to be invited to an audition in Bristol on Monday and even more fortunate to have been awarded a silver ticket :lol:
It was a fantastic day where I met so many interesting fun people from all over the country, many of whom I hope to keep in touch with. If any-one else was at the audition on Monday it would be great to hear from you :)
I found the members of the DOND team extremely fun and friendly and they certainly helped put you at your ease. Now I guess I just have to sit tight and hope for that phonecall, fingers, toes, knees, eyes and everything else crossed :lol:

Kaz

collydolly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Welcome to the only forum for real Deal or no Deal fans :D

Good luck with getting on the show :D

hevelius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:01 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

:) welcome kaz.u have come to the right place-this site is top!.garry.

Kaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:05 am    Author: Kaz    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Thanks Colly Dolly and Garry
you are right - this is a top site and I think it will probably take me the rest of my life to read all the posts :lol:

hevelius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:15 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

;) if u fancy a long read-lol-try reading my 'thread',kaz,and let me know
what u think.after nearly 3 yrs since my audition i am still hopeful to get
that call-i am either extremely optimistic or ....well lets stay with being
optimistic.great to have u on here-u will have a ball!.garry.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Kaz! Good luck with your application and enjoy yourself here. :)

Kaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm    Author: Kaz    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Thanks every-one for your warm welcomes. I am going to enjoy myself here I can tell :P

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one
Forum Games Moderator

Well hello there. ;)

pitkin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 pm    Author: pitkin    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Hi Kaz and everyone else - I'm also new here.

I was also at the auditions on Monday and also got a silver ticket! I have been so excited ever since and want to go on so badly! I know I should put it out of my mind but can't wait to find out... having looked on here and done some Googling it seems that some people get told within a couple of weeks that they're on (one day got told 3 days later apparently), and others have to wait years. Fingers crossed I don't have to wait years to find out one way or the other!

Always loved the show but have watched the last couple of days watching the show even more closely than usual and wondering how I'd play the game - wishful thinking maybe!

x

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, pitkin! Luckily I didn't have to wait too long after the audition before I got the golden call. Hopefully you'll be successful and you won't have to wait long, but like you said, some have to wait longer than others for reasons which are unknown!

pitkin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 pm    Author: pitkin    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Thanks so much.

This a great site...I'm addicted!

Kaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:32 pm    Author: Kaz    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Hi Pitkin
were you at the morning or afternoon auditions ? I was at the afternoon session and I was in group 2.

It is hard to put it out of your head isn't it :roll: even though you know it could be months. Do they notify you if you are unsuccessful ? I read somewhere I think that they send you an email if you aren't going to get on and I have been crossing my fingers everytime I get new mail that it isn't to say " sorry, thanks but no thanks" :laughing . Had a heart stopping moment today when the confirmation email for this site came through after I registered and I caught the DOND in the email address sdgthju

I guess we have done good to have been awarded a silver ticket but really really really want that gold one :D

good luck and let me know if you hear anything.

pitkin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm    Author: pitkin    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Hi Kaz, yes, I was part of the morning auditions. I thought it had gone well but am now thinking about stuff I could have done differently and stupid stuff that I said! Let me know if you hear and I'll do the same x

mallard2007

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your applications / auditions, guys & dolls :D

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

:welcome: Hi to you new folks, enjoy posting on this fab forum.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

Welcome Kaz and Pitkin!! :welcome:
Happy posting and LOADSALUCK for gettign on DOND! Hope the calls comes REALLY soon for you both! Let us know when you know!! :-D
xxx

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Hi every-one

good luck to you both and a big welcome to the forum :)

[ 17 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]