Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

flufflypopps

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 pm    Author: flufflypopps    Post subject: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Warnings: 0
Hii all i was at the 25th September 08 auditions (the afternoon session).

Is anyone from there here ??? I got through to the silver ticket interview , and has anyone from then been on the show yet ?? ...gosh how many times have i got excited when the phone rang .......only to find out it's yet another sales call .

garylq

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Welcome to the forum Fluff.

Good luck - I hope you get that call, I'm told it can take up to 2 years. My application didn't even get me an audition :( .

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, flufflypopps!

Good luck with your application.

flufflypopps

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:50 pm    Author: flufflypopps    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Thanks for the welcome it's much appreciated.

Yes we were told at the audition it could take up to two years but that was an extreme case, I'm pretty sure they said we would receive a rejection email if we didin't get through to the gold ticket stage, but then again the paperwork they sent through at the beginning says only sucessfull people would be notified, so on that note if we don't get to the final selection we won't know !!! hey hoo who knows

hevelius

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:09 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

:o good luck with your application and welcome to the forum.it is so friendly on here.my thread which u may have read tells-in great detail-how i auditioned in aug '06 and then had contact at halloween time 2 yrs running-synchronicity that had been foretold by a medium.this is a genuine story which is why i can't shake off the feeling it is meant to be.my audition was before the days of gold/silver/bronze tkts and i was told that i had auditioned once so wouldn't need to again.the procedure for selection has changed since then-i believe-so u may still have a good chance of getting on.i hope we BOTH are lucky enough to be chosen.cheers.garry.

flufflypopps

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 am    Author: flufflypopps    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Thanks for the reply I do wish you the best of luck too, However i do remember being asked to sign additional paperwork on the day to say that we gave Endemol permission to hold our details on file for a period of two years ,after which the information would be destroyed, it's the whole data protection act thing,

So my guess is unless they got permission from you at the time of your audition to hold onto your file for a longer period they would have to destroy it or get your written consent to to hold onto your information at a later date for an extended duration.

but you never know so fingers crossed.

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:41 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

:) the way i see it is if u have had an audition ur 'in the mix'-so to speak...so fingers crossed.as i was asked to fill in a new application form when contacted at 'halloween' '07 then i should still be in with a chance if the 2 yr period applies....

flufflypopps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 am    Author: flufflypopps    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Hey ho coming up to my two years now so I guess thats a done deal .....sorry for the pun ... but hey I was on The Chase ITV on 22/06 and we won 8K each so a megga result really ......think it's still on ITV player

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

:?: :smt049 hi again fluffypops.....dont give up hope-u never know....i have been waiting nearly
4 yrs since my audition as most readers here know-lol.i have an incredible story of coincidence and
yet have STILL yet to hear-even tho' i cant help thinking it really is meant to be.have u re-applied?-
i have so if i dont get on from my first audition i just hope i can be granted a second one.fingers
crossed for u fluffypops....garry aka 'hevelius'.

flufflypopps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 pm    Author: flufflypopps    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

Hey there thanks for the welcome back ,no I won't be reapplying I don't believe in going back ever, but also to be honest I really don't think the audition process is worth the hassel, it's way too drwan out and much longer than necessary, and then afterwards the communication from the production team is just dreadfull, it's like the comment from some of the researchers that I got "we will absolutly let you know if you have been selected and given the GOLD ticket or not", then the next person says "noooo only sucessful gold ticket applicants will be told", it's not fair on the silver ticket holders as many are just kept waiting for two years without a word, that's just not nice.

Also I'm going by my experience of the audition process for The Chase, it was much more organised and far more communicative, the team made a point of keeping every auditionee who got through the initial selection fully informed even when they wern't sucessfull for a particular block of recordings, the recording day of course was amazing and we really were treated like stars for the day, it was just lovely. This is also the impression that I'm getting from another show I wating to be selected for they are just sooo much more professional than the DOND team .

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Hi there anyone from the September 08 auditions here

A belated welcome to the forums! :D

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]