Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

becky3466

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:15 pm    Author: becky3466    Post subject: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Warnings: 0
not sure what happens now though... :smt023

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!
Forum Games Moderator

:welcome: to the forums! :smt039

garylq

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Who wants it? Endemol?

Welcome, and I hope you pass!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

alan1808

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:54 am    Author: alan1808    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Well done Becky!

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 am    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Becky. I didn't realise they were letting children on the show although some of them are very young, mentioning no names! Or is it just the basic check which does not include children? Presumably, anyone with a criminal record will be excluded from the show. I'm a little surprised that they are allowed to ask for that information which can only be released for sensitive jobs and is otherwise protected information. It's a bit annoying, though, because I presume you have to pay for a CRB check. Anyway, good luck with it all. Let us know if you discover any more about the policy.Image

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

Benjy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:12 pm    Author: Benjy    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

I'm not sure if I myself ever had a 'CRB' check as I don't 100% sure know what it is! How do you apply for it and what does it involve? I don't have a criminal record. I'm too visually impaired to drive a car, which rules out speeding offences. I've never had a drunk-and-disorderly. I've never taken illegal substances. Etc etc :-)

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:29 pm    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Benjy wrote:
I'm not sure if I myself ever had a 'CRB' check as I don't 100% sure know what it is! How do you apply for it and what does it involve? I don't have a criminal record. I'm too visually impaired to drive a car, which rules out speeding offences. I've never had a drunk-and-disorderly. I've never taken illegal substances. Etc etc :-)

CRB stands for Criminal Records Bureau and it is the database which identifies all convictions. Certain jobs require a CRB check because they are sensitive eg postmen. Others have an enhanced check which specifically deals with offences against children and includes the register used for paedophiles because they are working with children eg taxi drivers. As far as I recall there are rules about who can ask you to have such a check because under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act it is illegal to request the information without a proper reason - certain jobs are exempted from the Act. Also, in these days of political correctness, there are a whole host of questions which can no longer be asked in job interviews because, basically, appointments can only be made on ability to do the job and that, obviously, excludes race, sex and age. I am, frankly, amazed that a TV show would be exempted.

There is a form to fill in which, I think nowadays is done by you, the applicant and is sent directly to the CRB but the reply is sent to the "employer" but in the old days the form was given to the employer who made the application. It all seems a bit odd to me. The fee is something like £20 or £30, I think.

If this thread gets complicated, and I think it will, I will look up the regulations and post a definitive statement but others who have been on the show, may know the answer straight up, so I will wait and see what happens first.

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

Benjy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 pm    Author: Benjy    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Thanks a lot Pierre :-)

becky3466

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:01 pm    Author: becky3466    Post subject: Re: ive been told I need a CRB check...i'm soooo excited!!!!!

Hi, its only the basic one they have asked for, which i assume is just to confirm I am who I sa I am etc. Coat £20 which I had to pay, but I dont mind as I am cool with the whole CRB check thing. I thought it was a bit odd mind having to have one, but if needs must and all!!! :eyes:

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]