Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:13 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Hello :)

Warnings: 0
:-D I love Deal or No Deal and watch it whenever I can remember it's on :oops:.

I also realllllly wanted Geordie to win the 250k...and was extrememly disappointed when I read that news article.

Anyway, nice site you've got here :-D

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:46 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

:welcome: Steve

Great to hear you like the site. :smt023

Yes, poor Geordie didn't have a great game, he deserved a lot more especially with all the help he gave his fellow contestants.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:15 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

:shock:

Last edited by GeordieGerry on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:
As I settle back into life in the Highlands with wor lass, I have to admit that I still think I am a really lucky bloke and to me that is a great deal to be thankful for.

Awww that's the Geordie we know and love :-)

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

:shock:

Last edited by GeordieGerry on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:23 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Apparently I was very popular on Feb 1 but once the Sun came out on Feb 2 - I became a cross between Adolf Hitler / Gary Glitter / the entire song catalogue of Chris De Burgh and the British National Party.

But hey! If I am popular in BIRMINGHAM..... what more can a guy want?

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:27 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:
Apparently I was very popular on Feb 1 but once the Sun came out on Feb 2 - I became a cross between Adolf Hitler / Gary Glitter / the entire song catalogue of Chris De Burgh and the British National Party.

But hey! If I am popular in BIRMINGHAM..... what more can a guy want?

:P

Was the article completely true, partly true, or utter crap?

I doubt the article affects anyone's opinions of you...well it didn't me anyway :)

Don't answer if you can't/don't want to gerry :)

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:43 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Well i never used the word "gutted" for starters! The article was accurate - I didnt get seen by a medic for over an hour - they played on when I was sitting outside shaking and scared with pains in my jaw and shoulder - I was up awake all night in hospital waiting for a move to a ward at 1am - a 4am blood test and a 6am ECG - followed by a meeting with a consultant at 8am and I was worried out of my socks and yes they did lie to me to get me back to the studio.

But as I said all along - I had no complaints about the result because I posted the fact that i was going to go left to right on a website on Christmas Eve. Apparently you have to win a fortune to criticsise Endemol.

I do feel (as an event manager) that they could have done better and if they disagreed - why did they apologise and why did they change their procedures?.

As for running to the Press... if someone hadnt called me at home and tried to pretend there had been a "breakdown in communication" - I would have been happy to have let sleeping dogs lie. And in case they are monitoring this forum - Nobody BUT nobody tells me that I did not clearly communicate the fact that I had not been to sleep to you MJ and RW.

And as for the question why didnt I walk out - when you think you are having a heart attack - all you want to do - is get home to the woman you love. If I was wrong to play half asleep I apologise but I was dammed if I was going to walk out. I mean - all I had to do was go left to right and hope it was my day. I mean - my flight wasnt until the next day anyway.

Sounds rubbish - but when I was in hospital - all I wanted to do was go home as quickly as possible and be with my wife.

Now I am home - that's more than enough for me

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:52 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

Thanks for clearing that up...by what I've heard from you and from other sources...endemol seem to treat their viewers and stars like s**t.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:46 am    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

8)

Last edited by GeordieGerry on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bork

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:49 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:

Visit www.invernesshighlandgames.com and see why I enjoy going to work.

Yep, I can see why you love your job Geordie, it looks like alot of fun.

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]