Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 16 posts ] 

cheyenne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:34 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Yorkshire newby here

Warnings: 0
Hello all! :D I'm very happy to be joining the DOND forum. I've been an avid watcher of the show for 2 years now, and have always wondered, for instance, what happens to DOND contestants after the shows. I read in this forum yesterday that Claude, a recent contestant, had a new wheelchair bought for him by a very generous pilgrim. It cheered me up no end, because after watching his game, I felt very depressed that it had turned out the way it had. I wouldn't have known about that act of kindness, but for this forum.

Anyway, a little about me - I'm female (well you might not know from the name cheyenne), I live in South Yorkshire, and work full time at a NHS hospital as a PA. I have one grown-up daughter who rides a motorbike, (and who also loves DOND), 2 cats, 2 snakes (only little ones, honest :!: ) and some tropical fish.

As we work full-time, we record DOND on my SkyPlus box and watch it when we're having dinner.

I look forward to joining in the fun here and getting to know you all online. :)

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here
Forum Games Moderator

:welcome: to the forums! :wave:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Hey Cheyenne welcome - from another South Yorkshire lad! Not born there but currently in Sheffield! :P

It's not the first time generosity like that has occured - back in May we had someone play for enough money for IVF treatments for a long time, but sadly crashed to just £5,000. We found out a couple weeks later that someone had generously donated a considerable amount for him!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:27 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Big-Davey wrote:
back in May we had someone play for enough money for IVF treatments for a long time, but sadly crashed to just £5,000. We found out a couple weeks later that someone had generously donated a considerable amount for him!

Thats just wrong.... Men should not be given IVF.... where will the babies come out?

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:10 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Welcome to the forum from another Sky+er, usually about a week behind in my case which can make reading the forum a bit awkward at times.

cheyenne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

What a lovely warm welcome, thank you! :)

:lol: @ Maud's comment re men and IVF.

Didn't everyone look so smart on yesterday's birthday edition of DOND! Especially Noel - all 3 of him. Clever intro.

See you on the ice....

:smt047

Jimmy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here
Global Moderator

Welcome to the site, cheyenne! Great to have you here.

PS. Don't mind Maud... she's a rebel. :P

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Hello! Welcome to a mad mad place!!! Hope you have fun here!

Last edited by NoelsFan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:59 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

welcome to the forums.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hello cheyenne and welcome, it's good to have you on board here!

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Jimmy wrote:
Welcome to the site, cheyenne! Great to have you here.

PS. Don't mind Maud... she's a rebel. :P

I am soo not... i am always on my best behaviour... not my fault my best is some peoples worst :smt023

Welcome btw... it's a shame your Northern but i can look past that ;)

cheyenne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

"... it's a shame your Northern but i can look past that"

Hi Maud and
:lol:

Now, if truth be told, I've spent more of my life dahn sarth in London than I have oop north, so I consider myself a fairly rounded Brit. And I don't mean fat.

Thanks again to everyone who has welcomed me. h2005 - your avatar looks to me what the Banker might look like.

Daisy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:59 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Cheyenne am I too late to say hello?

I'm sorry it's taken me so long. I am a loser.
:girl

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:48 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Welcome to the forums! :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Welcome!

cheyenne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: Yorkshire newby here

Hi Daisy, it's never too late to say hello.

Hello to you too Cookie Monster

And good day to you Banker, what an honour to be welcomed by your Royal Highness! Yes, I'm very good at sucking up.... well ok, something that rhymes with that anyway.....

This is what I do for much of the day:
:smt024

[ 16 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]