Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 pm

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:35 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Warnings: 0
can anyone let me know how many times the quarter million box has lasted to the end of the game and how many of those times it has been on one of the wings (as opposed to being the box brought to the table) i'm sure i didn't need to add that bit in brackets but you never know with some of you! ;)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

I'm intrigued as to why you need to know this so urgently!

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:06 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

when i need to know something i need to know it yesterday, i'm a nightmare apparently and ******* irritating. i'm trying to decide if your post counts as time wasting........... probably but i love you anyway just cos you took the time to notice my topic. x

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please
Administrator & Global Moderator

:ponder:

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

From the way you asked, I got the feeling that somebody's life was at stake or something!

Anyway, in the first 1000 games, the £250k has been in the final two 92 times. 51 times it was the box still on the wings and 41 times it was the box on the table. (1 of those 41 times was due to a it being brought to the table in a mid-game swap.)

Thank you for your love.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:12 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

How many were there where the contestant hadn't already dealt?

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:18 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

MisterAl wrote:
From the way you asked, I got the feeling that somebody's life was at stake or something!

Anyway, in the first 1000 games, the £250k has been in the final two 92 times. 51 times it was the box still on the wings and 41 times it was the box on the table. (1 of those 41 times was due to a it being brought to the table in a mid-game swap.)

Thank you for your love.

thank you for your reply, i'm impressed by your speed.... david appears to be pondering. ;)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Power5 wrote:

Jennifer -- game 17
Germaine -- game 108
Kirsty -- game 132
Morris -- game 160
David -- game 289
Claudine -- game 331
Laura -- game 351
Bunney -- game 372
Graeme -- game 452
Rodney -- game 484
Maria -- game 507
Theresa -- game 539
Matt -- game 697
Andy -- game 876
Billy -- game 914
Lisa -- game 1000

In addition to that, there have been three occasions when it was present as part of a Banker's Gamble.

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:22 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Power5 wrote:

i don't know the answer to this but i have often found seven to be the answer to a lot of questions. i hope this helps. x

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

who is simon F?

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel Edmonds' son.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:33 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

h2005 wrote:
Noel Edmonds' son.

Surely that's Simon E? ;)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

tigerlily wrote:
who is simon F?

Me.

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:53 pm    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Simon F wrote:
tigerlily wrote:
who is simon F?

Me.

excellent! pleased to meet you.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

tigerlily wrote:
Simon F wrote:
tigerlily wrote:
who is simon F?

Me.

excellent! pleased to meet you.

Thanks. I'm someone who has followed DOND from the beginning (originally on a website called Bother's Bar). I have a degree in mathematics which is why I tend to often view the game statisically and therefore am in the "less likely to gamble" part of the forum.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:03 am    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Simon F wrote:
I have a degree in mathematics which is why I tend to often view the game statisically and therefore am in the "less likely to gamble" part of the forum.

Not sure that those necessarily go together? I also have a maths degree and as a result tend to look at offers in a statistical manner... but anything below the mean potentially has a rational reason for no-dealing in mathematical terms and that applies to 99.9% of offers. I'm sure KP and others would say I was the most Wakeyistic of the "analyst" people on here... and that's because if I was on the show (and I'd probably want a guaranteed £250k to make me appear on national TV so it's all hypothetical) I'd want to take a shot at the life-changing money and so even generous offers on a bad board I'd probably go on in most cases.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Power5 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
I have a degree in mathematics which is why I tend to often view the game statisically and therefore am in the "less likely to gamble" part of the forum.

Not sure that those necessarily go together? I also have a maths degree and as a result tend to look at offers in a statistical manner... but anything below the mean potentially has a rational reason for no-dealing in mathematical terms and that applies to 99.9% of offers. I'm sure KP and others would say I was the most Wakeyistic of the "analyst" people on here... and that's because if I was on the show (and I'd probably want a guaranteed £250k to make me appear on national TV so it's all hypothetical) I'd want to take a shot at the life-changing money and so even generous offers on a bad board I'd probably go on in most cases.

There are probably some cases where I'd be inclined to gamble too if the implied odds were good enough.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please
Forum Games Moderator

tigerlily wrote:
MisterAl wrote:

Thank you for your love.

thank you for your reply, i'm impressed by your speed.... david appears to be pondering. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if he were pondering as to your sanity. :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

Why does that even matter though? :? They're only avid fans of the way the show works

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

tigerlily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 am    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: answer required urgently, no time wasters please

daniel123 wrote:
tigerlily wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he were pondering as to your sanity. :ponder:

my sanity!? i'm not the one here that sits around in the nuddy, i would at the very least wear some shockingly sensible lady pants. :laughing

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]