Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Enty22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:43 pm    Author: Enty22    Post subject: Will a second round deal ever occur
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Do you think people will ever at the second offer and its beinng the right decision

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yes it probably will happen one day. All it'll take is for a target driven player like Richard to come along, have a golden board at the 2nd offer, and if it's more than their target then I suspect they'll deal. Either that or a stats type person will deal a statistically generous 2nd offer.

And I doubt it'll be the right decision, although there have been times when the earlier offers are the higher offers of the game...

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:10 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I think someone like Richard will come along too and do this and hopefully the proveout will go even better and leave them with the dream end and £250,000 in the box, thats what they would deserve im afraid.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:36 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Considering how much stick 3rd offer dealers get - going at the 2nd offer does seem a rather cynical thing to do though, don't you think? You'd have to have an absolute trainwreck of a game for the first or second offer to be the highest, and considering you're only there once, I think very few players would go into their game with that mentality!

Swappy Matt's £35k second offer aside (which would never happen these days anyway), I think even a lot of target-driven players would think there's a bit more money in the game at that point.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Brick wrote:
Considering how much stick 3rd offer dealers get - going at the 2nd offer does seem a rather cynical thing to do though, don't you think? You'd have to have an absolute trainwreck of a game for the first or second offer to be the highest, and considering you're only there once, I think very few players would go into their game with that mentality!

Swappy Matt's £35k second offer aside (which would never happen these days anyway), I think even a lot of target-driven players would think there's a bit more money in the game at that point.

Quite a few forum members (including myself) would have dealt at £35,000 in Matt's game, and I would also have taken the first offer of £20,000, it just depends on the player though.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:03 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I'd quite like to see one, for Noel's reaction etc.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I reckon nowadays Matt's opening offer would be about £12,000, and his 2nd offer about £18,000.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject:

Someone might just go on the show to deal stupidly early!!!!

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:33 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Will a second round deal ever occur
Permanently Banned

Enty22 wrote:
Do you think people will ever at the second offer and its beinng the right decision

It can never be the right decision whatever the eventual outcome of the game. They would have made absolutely no attempt to play the game and just grabbed the first decent amount of cash. It would be the ultimate in cynical greed. If people are going to deal the first or second offers is there really any point in having a show?

Still I am never surprised at just how low some people will stoop in order to satisfy their greed and lust for money so a second offer deal will eventually happen I think.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

In early 2007 I'd have probably taken around one second offer per week they were that generous. The only one I can think of this year that I'd have took was 1p Matty's, and even that would almost have been the right decision. :)

Most games now I wouldn't even consider dealing before 5-box, the offers are that rubbish!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dhale750

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Author: Dhale750    Post subject:

At this point in the game show's history, with it having run for so long, there would be a certain psychological barrier stopping a lot of 2nd offer deals (and first offer deals for that matter) due to potential stigma of having been the first ever person to deal at the 2nd offer. If someone had dealt then in the first 50 shows or so, we may well have seen many more since as it would be more "normal".
But i agree with basic, it could never be the right decision irrespective of heinsight.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:23 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

Our own Aaron had a £30k 2nd round offer, and as it turns out, his highest offer throughout the game.

Mind you, some would be tempted enough to take that too, even tho it is now second to Matt's £35k 2nd round offer.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:00 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Even if I'd had 2 all-blue rounds in a row and had been offered £35,000, I think I'd still no deal, hoping my luck would continue and I'd get some huge offers later in the game - and if the luck didn't continue then I'd still have all the low reds as backups...

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

A 2nd offer will never occur since the sky high offers of feb-april 07 have been weeded out and contestants feel like they can't make a third offer deal in some cases and bail one round later.

I'd have Nd'd Matt's 35K though because the board was perfect and there would probably have been a 15-20K get out later (I'd have probably taken 25K).

a 30K 2nd offer might well be taken now though like Goldeneye says.

Box 22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Les will deal in the second round...............that is, if he hasn't already dealt in the first!

The end is nigh, we're all doomed, DEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLL for ***** sake, Deeeeeeeeal, before it all goes wrong and the world is going to explode and we're all gonna die.

:twisted:

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

I actually want to see a second round deal, it will be interesting to see how people react to it!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

I can't see a 2nd offer deal at the moment due to the fact that the bankers first 3 offers never seem to be anywhere near what the board is worth.

Box 22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:43 am    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
I can't see a 2nd offer deal at the moment due to the fact that the bankers first 3 offers never seem to be anywhere near what the board is worth.

That hasn't stopped some ridiculous deals recently though. The Banker can't have failed to notice how inappropriate and inaccurate Les' comments, judgements and general ability to read the board have been so far. This guy should be so easy to get out of the chair, especially if he loses a couple of big ones early on and then the banker gives him a little tempter to go. I've never seen such a panic stricken bottler before.

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

When the show first started, weren't the contestants told that if they took the first or second offer, their show wouldn't be on TV

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:37 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Will a second round deal ever occur
International Forums Moderator

I think Richard's show proved there'll never be a second-offer Deal. There's no way Richard would have gone on at the second offer if he didn't feel unbearable pressure not to, as the third-offer Deal proved.

There's enough psychological baggage around third-offer Deals, let alone second-offer Deals. Remember, Aaron said that there were two reasons he didn't Deal at £30k, and they were the influence of the £250k - and the feeling it was too soon. Remove the psychological baggage and he'd have gained a second-offer OPW, and probably made second-offer Deals acceptable in the Dream Factory. That may well have changed quite a bit of DoND history as we know it actually.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]