Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Game Scoring (originally from Bother's Bar)

Warnings: 0
Power5 wrote:
* Outright Draw (OD): The contestant deals for the same amount as the box value, or no-deals to the end and wins the same as the peak offer.
However, if the player gets the most money possible out of the game then some have suggested it would be fair to call it an OPW!

I know no one (apart from me) bothers to score every game now, but I'd be mildly interested to hear people's views on this week's game with Claire-Louise, where she dealt £15,000, had £15,000 in her box, but could've had £95,000. In the past, I've scored 'Deal = Box Value' wins as draws (although I think the argument for Deal= Max offer and Box Value= OPW is fair, so I'd probably change that), but this didn't seem correct this week when she could've had £80k more.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:40 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Game Scoring (originally from Bother's Bar)

I call it a TBW as technically, the banker won as she could've had 80k more, but had the same as she dealt at in her box. I class a draw where the peak offer is exactly double the amount the player has dealt at, as that is neither a Banker or a Player victory. This doesn't apply to opening the box, where the player can only score an OPW from this where they have won the peak amount in the game by opening it, otherwise it's an OBW.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 am    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Game Scoring (originally from Bother's Bar)

StatsMan wrote:
Power5 wrote:
* Outright Draw (OD): The contestant deals for the same amount as the box value, or no-deals to the end and wins the same as the peak offer.
However, if the player gets the most money possible out of the game then some have suggested it would be fair to call it an OPW!

I know no one (apart from me) bothers to score every game now, but I'd be mildly interested to hear people's views on this week's game with Claire-Louise, where she dealt £15,000, had £15,000 in her box, but could've had £95,000. In the past, I've scored 'Deal = Box Value' wins as draws (although I think the argument for Deal= Max offer and Box Value= OPW is fair, so I'd probably change that), but this didn't seem correct this week when she could've had £80k more.

In this case if the deal was for 1p less it would be an OBW, and if the deal was 1p more it would be a TBW. So it's clearly a Banker victory of some sort.

I think the outright draw as I defined it there was where the deal was for the same as the box value AND there wasn't a higher offer or hypothetical offer in the game. Although as I mentioned, it could also be classed as an OPW as they got the most out of the game. A deal for the same amount as in the box where the offer was significantly higher still goes down as a Banker win however you look at it.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Game Scoring (originally from Bother's Bar)

As far as I'm concerned, Clare-Loiuse's game is not an OBW since she didn't undersell her box. Therefore it's a TBW.

Simply modify the phrase 'greater than' to read 'greater than or equal to' in the definitions and everything makes sense, and is consistent. (And it also means that there's no such thing as an Outright Draw. Good thing too, since such a classification denies the player in certain games the chance to achieve an OPW.)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Game Scoring (originally from Bother's Bar)

Yep, I do agree with those reasonings. However, I would still say an outright draw would count when the player deals above their box value and exactly half of their peak offer. Not in any other instance I agree, but I think that still applies.

EDIT: Oh, Technical Draw is different to Outright Draw. Fair enough.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]