Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Warnings: 0
Murray is going to lose tonight....

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Well I agree with what the bulk of people thought tonight; Murray was lucky he was playing against someone he could afford to get away with such errors. There was definitely glimpses of his best form, but in short it was the worst I've seen him play in a while!

If he doesn't improve and learn from today, he won't get much further this year!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Tennis
Forum Games Moderator

Not much further he can go after that performance. Don't quite know what's come over him. Swine Flu perhaps.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Quite possibly underestimation of his opponent. It's a bigheaded tactic :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:13 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

FAR better display yesterday from the one remaining Briton left in the competition!

If he keeps this more-familiar form up, he should at least meet Roddick next week in the quarters!

Amazing result from Hewitt beating Del Potro though!

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Great game not long finished on No. 1 Court, where Haas finally beat Cilic 10-8 in the final set, with the match carried over from last night.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Another brilliant performance from Murray tonight; he faces Stan Wawrinka on Monday to equal his best performance and reach the last 8.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:15 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tennis

History could be made tonight, the Ferrero v Gonzalez match, which is in a 5th set, could be moved from Court 1 to Centre Court under the roof.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

We've been wanting that roof closed all week! Bring it!

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:24 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Light's still good on Court 1 though, and Centre is still not ready for play, so atm, it's still on Court 1. The game is turning into an epic though.

Bad luck Davey, it's just finished on Court 1 with Ferrero winning an epic in 5 sets.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Been at Andy Murray's home town all week and saw all his games so far......though was back home in time for todays game. He seems to be getting better each game and hopefully the first game on Tuesday ends up being his least good performance though will be harder next week

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Order of play for Monday:

Centre Court
Soderling v Federer
Safina v Mauresmo
Murray v Wawrinka

(I think it's a bit unfair that Federer andn Murray get Centre Court yet again)

Court 1
V Williams v Ivanovic
Verdasco v Karlovic
Berdych v Roddick

If I was going on Monday, I think I'd be heading for court 1.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

I think I would too; Ivanovic's recent revival of form means her match with Venus Williams could easily go to a deciding set...but I'm not expecting a massive upset

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:09 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Tennis

I'm sorry but what are you two on about... I can see the merits of watching Ivanovic but on Centre you have the second best male player in the world, the best female player in the world, Andrew Murray who is the British number 1 and has the country willing him on... the atmosphere is going to be stratospheric in centre tomorrow!

I'd have been queuing up from last night to make sure I got on centre.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

I think you'll find I was commenting because of how beautiful the lovely Miss Ivanovic is :lol:

Of course the Murray match is going to be a cracker, and I'm a massive fan of him to at least make the Final - too bad Greeny dislikes both Murray and Federer

never_wrong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Big-Davey wrote:
I think you'll find I was commenting because of how beautiful the lovely Miss Ivanovic is :lol:

Of course the Murray match is going to be a cracker, and I'm a massive fan of him to at least make the Final - too bad Greeny dislikes both Murray and Federer

Doubt it. He should beat Stan in 3 sets. Wawrinka's good but not in the same league as Murray yet. Federer-Soderling could be interesting though!

I also wish people would realise Murray's had a pretty p.iss easy draw up to now, too. People soiling themselves over the fact he's beaten Kendrick (in 4, and he's a player who's never won a singles title), Gulbis (a player with just 10 wins all year) and Troicki (a very limited player who no real weapons, pedigree or ability to deal with even the slightest bit of pressure) need to realise that the draw has been super-kind to him. Federer had, and has, it way harder. Soderling and then probably Karlovic.
Queens was a similar story. Murray didn't beat one top 10 player at Queens and only one in the top 20 (Blake, who then went on to lose the first round of Wimbledon) but he wins the title and people say he's going to win Wimbledon. Yes, he might do, but his victory at Queens doesn't back that up.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:34 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

Wawrinka has no real weaknesses, he just as you say, isn't in the same league as Murray.

Murray will have it hard from the quarters, Simon probably his quarter-final opponent, and then A-Rod in the semis!

He has had it far easier than Federer; he still has Karlovic AND Djokovic to come!

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:08 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Tennis

I was talking about the quality of the games on show on both courts, and to me, the better games will be on Court 1, as they are more evenly matched in general.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:10 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Tennis

I for one am also hoping Jamie Murray and his mixed doubles partner Huber can continue their good form this year and get further in the draw too!

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Tennis

http://www.cdiscount.co.uk/home.html

They say if u buy a telly from them during wimbledon and Andy Murray wins they will refund u the price of the telly... anyone think he can do it???

[ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]