Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:10 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Kay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:49 pm    Author: Kay    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Super Aguri wrote:
Kay wrote:
Super Aguri wrote:
A1GP back in January!

Any motorsport is good motorsport at the present time.

I don't have the channels to watch it because Sky wouldn't agree to another channel to show delayed coverage until a certain time and no channels were interested in it then.

five shows it sometimes. ( I think)

Only for half an hour at silly o clock in the morning though!

:shock:

I read an article which said they couldn't come to an agreement, so I guess they re-negotiated. :?

Glad F1 coverage isn't like that, but I guess if football takes off anymore then it could become like that one day. :(

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Do not mention the f word!

Football :P

Yes that advert free coverage sport!

I wonder if FOM will give us new graphics next year.

I do believe FOM make the graphics

Kay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:56 pm    Author: Kay    Post subject:

And more team radio would be good from all teams!!

I dislike football too.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Absolutely no more news motorsport wise since this morning!

On Boxing Day of all days! ;) :P

Anyway we have more motorsport posters!

Which is always a good thing!

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Yes, the only team I like is amateur dramatics FC.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:04 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Super Aguri wrote:
Absolutely no more news motorsport wise since this morning!

On Boxing Day of all days! ;) :P

Anyway we have more motorsport posters!

Which is always a good thing!

I sniff a invasion, DOND will soon become overruled by the land of motorsport. DOND will also be a F1 game, the Super Aguris (or whatever would be the lowest placed team when invasion occurs) will be the equivalent of the 1p and 10p with the first driver the better of the two.

Viva La Revolution :-D

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:07 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Anything at all motorsport related we could talk about?

No new things come to mind.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:23 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

My new sig, just a quick design.

How about lets preview the 2007 season like this thread was originally made to be.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:32 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Yes that always is an option! :P

Bounce7800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:13 am    Author: Bounce7800    Post subject:

Apparently Toro Rosso wanted Montoya and tried to persuade him not to go to NASCAR. Wonder why he never took them up on it? :P
I tried to watch the nascar, but couldnt stomach it, and Channel fives highlights didnt exactly make it watchable either.
Im also getting through my F1 review DVD- I dont know why I buy it to be honest, I have every race and every highlights on DVD, but still get it in the hope of seeing something extra!

justcause110

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:38 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

That story in full:

Code:
Scuderia Toro Rosso tried to convince Juan Pablo Montoya to skip NASCAR, according to a source close to the former Formula One winner.

The source was quoted by Spanish Marca journalist Marco Canseco as admitting that Montoya, who left McLaren Mercedes mid-season to drive for Chip Ganassi's NASCAR team, received an approach from the Faenza based squad.

"Yes, he received some interest from Toro Rosso," the source reportedly said, "but at the moment (Juan Pablo) is like a kid in a candy store."

It is not known when Montoya was approached by the part Gerhard Berger-owned Toro Rosso team, but it has yet to name its 2007 driver line-up. 
The latest driver linked with a seat for 2007 is Tiago Monteiro, having lost his Spyker drive last week to rookie Adrian Sutil.

Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais, meanwhile, is in the frame for 2008.

The source said Montoya, 31, is far from regretting his decision to join the popular American series. "He is completely focused on NASCAR and all they want him to do is drive," the source added.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:51 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Today's Only News so far
Quote:
Vitantonio Liuzzi has played down the form of Sebastien Bourdais during his test at Jerez earlier this month - insisting that he saw nothing that worried him.

Bourdais is in frame for a drive at Toro Rosso in 2008 after impressing the team during a three-day tryout at Jerez.

The three times Champ Car champion was quicker than Scott Speed and just a few tenths off Liuzzi's pace. But the Italian himself revealed he was not hugely impressed with the Frenchman.

"Bourdais probably thought he would get here and humble everyone," Liuzzi told Autosprint magazine.

"By contrast, even if by a small amount, in the two days of our challenge I was faster. And the gap would have been wider without a traction control problem on the new tyres."

Liuzzi said he remained confident for his future, even though Toro Rosso have yet to confirm their drivers for next season.

"The test was carried out in a fair way, with no favouritism. My contract specifies driving in F1, but with Red Bull you never know.

"I think I did well this season, but my future is not up to me."

justcause110

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:30 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Code:
Tonio Liuzzi says he was not impressed by Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais' recent test for Toro Rosso.

Frenchman Bourdais, 27, lapped quicker than Scott Speed at Jerez earlier this month but lagged a few tenths behind the pace of Liuzzi; the Faenza squad's other 2006 regular.

Bourdais is not likely to occupy a seat next year at Toro Rosso, but the jointly Gerhard Berger-owned team is notably the last to confirm its '07 driver line-up.

Spyker Tiago Monteiro is reportedly a contender for a seat.

But referring to Bourdais, Liuzzi, 25, told the Italian magazine Autosprint: "(He) probably thought he would get here and humble everyone. 

"And the (lap time gap at the test) would have been wider without a traction control problem on the new tyres," Liuzzi insisted.

Despite Berger's recent insistence that Bourdais is only in the frame for 2008, meanwhile, Liuzzi expressed uncertainty about the status of his contract for next season.

He said: "My contract specifies driving in F1, but with Red Bull you never know. I think I did well this season, but my future is not up to me."
[/code]

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:30 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Only news today so far

Code:
Honda Racing's senior technical director has urged the team not to be afraid of making mistakes in the future - because that is the only way the team will progress.

Shuhei Nakamoto believes that a new philosophy of experiment - instilled into the team since he was promoted in June - paid dividends in helping the Japanese car manufacturer turn around what had until then been a 'disappointing campaign.

And he wants the team's younger staff members to continue speaking up with fresh ideas - rather than be afraid to put forward concepts for fear of failure.

"We flattened the organisation so that everyone working in (each) department can talk freely about their ideas and opinions," said Nakamoto about the changes he put in place this year.

"As long as an idea is theoretically correct and considered useful, we will discuss it - even if it comes from an inexperienced staff member. But they have to take responsibility for the ideas they provide. That is the Honda way.

"Another thing I always tell the young staff is that they shouldn't be afraid of making mistakes. The failures will eventually improve our know-how.

"The important thing is to use that know-how correctly to make the next step forward. I kept telling them this.

"As a result, young people started to speak up and contribute more, which I believe was reflected in the gradual improvement in our performance.

"The lap time difference between us and the top teams in the middle part of the season was reduced by half at the end of the season."

He added: "I am happy about this, because it provides proof that the Honda Spirit of 'never be afraid, never give up' is penetrated thoroughly into the team.

"What Honda disapproves of is 'no action, no error'. I want all our staff to always keep the philosophy in mind."

Nakamoto took over the technical department in a mid-season team reshuffle that saw the departure of Geoff Willis from the Japanese outfit.

And I am reading Autosport to death and just confirmation of the ITV1 Season Review

1125-1225

If you're without satellite television or simply an F1 Fan then you'll be having some pretty severe symptoms by now, the heart of the off season. So you wouldn't want to miss a precious hour of F1 Review action on ITV. It was a classic season that went right down to the wire, and that Bahrain opener back in March might be a distant memory by now. It was, of course, a great Schumacher versus Alonso battle that set the tone for the rest of the season. This is your chance to relive the whole story, as well as its fascinating off-track subplots such as Schuey's retirement and Kimi Raikkonen signing for Ferrari.

Bounce7800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:44 pm    Author: Bounce7800    Post subject:

And dont forget all the 70s British GPs on Espn classic tomorrow (Ch 442). Well except 76.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:46 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Bounce7800 wrote:
And dont forget all the 70s British GPs on Espn classic tomorrow (Ch 442). Well except 76.

Yes I nearly forgot about them there!

5am in the morning it starts though I think :o :shock:

Bounce7800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:51 pm    Author: Bounce7800    Post subject:

They start at 5am, but are shown again later on. I only need to add the 78 and 79 to my collection of them, they are a good watch. Damn the BBC for not showing the 76 race :evil:

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:55 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Bounce7800 wrote:
They start at 5am, but are shown again later on. I only need to add the 78 and 79 to my collection of them, they are a good watch. *beep* the BBC for not showing the 76 race :evil:

All because of sponsor logos too! :(

I will definitely be watching the ESPN Races tomorrow

Bounce7800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 pm    Author: Bounce7800    Post subject:

Oooh I gotta beep! I wasnt too rude honest! :D

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:25 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Here are the next Motorsport Dates - (1st race of each series in 2007)

Quote:
A1GP Taupo 21-Jan
WRC Monte Carlo 21-Jan
NASCAR Daytona 10-Feb
WTCC Curitiba 11-Mar
ALMS Sebring 17-Mar
F1 Melbourne 18-Mar
IRL Homestead 24-Mar
FIA GT Zuhai 25-Mar
BTCC Brands Hatch 01-Apr
CHAMP Las Vegas 08-Apr
B.F3 Oulton Park 09-Apr
GP2 Bahrain 15-Apr
LMS Monza 15-Apr
WORLD Nurburgring 07-May
LEMANS Le Mans 16-Jun

:(

[ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]