Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:40 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 3:40 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:18 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject: The Michael Schumacher Apperication Thread

Warnings: 0
Every forum deserves this, so I started this one here.

He has given us a cracking 16 years and hopefully he will continue somewhere else, DTM or something like that.

So he is the place to be to talk and reminise about classic Schumi moments

FORZA FERRARI

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:43 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

WHAT A DRIVE FOR HIS LAST RACE. FORZA FERRARI, FORZA FERRARI!!!!

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:52 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Great manoeuvre by Schumacher to overtake in the final few laps to get to 4th place. He will be missed.

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:54 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Highly agree, it was a one of his greatest comebacks.

I have a sense of deja vu with that puncture. Japan 1998, Schumi 2nd and he gets a puncture, but retired that time.

FORZA FERRARI!

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:32 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Did anyone see the program about him tonight?

Went through his 15 Formula seasons, and maybe that will teach some of the younger fans how much of a cheat he was.

JamesR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:45 pm    Author: JamesR    Post subject:

The man is a legend. His performance on Sunday was outstanding! I can't understand why the BBC want to spoil his memory by milking all this "tactical cheating" rubbish for all it's worth. I think he's a sound fella as well as a truly brilliant F1 driver.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:38 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

JamesR wrote:
The man is a legend. His performance on Sunday was outstanding! I can't understand why the BBC want to spoil his memory by milking all this "tactical cheating" rubbish for all it's worth. I think he's a sound fella as well as a truly brilliant F1 driver.

You obviously didn't watch the most of the 94 season, 97 and so on.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:44 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

nick wrote:

Went through his 15 Formula seasons, and maybe that will teach some of the younger fans how much of a cheat he was.

I think he was much better then Alonso has been though

I can't remember Schumi ever running down his own team like Alonso. Alonso doesn't deserve to be champ and thank god he went to a team which is unreliable.

Maybe Ron Dennis will kick him out if Alonso moans like he does.

Besides the drivers he faced in 1994 and 1997 were all average drivers which go downhill after joining a slow team, Schumi joined Ferrari when they weren't fighting for a title and then made them who they are today.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:07 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

justcause110 wrote:
nick wrote:

I think he was much better then Alonso has been though

I can't remember Schumi ever running down his own team like Alonso. Alonso doesn't deserve to be champ and thank god he went to a team which is unreliable.

Besides the drivers he faced in 1994 and 1997 were all average drivers which go downhill after joining a slow team, Schumi joined Ferrari when they weren't fighting for a title and then made them who they are today.

Typical response. Someone who finished the first 8 races in the top 2 doesn't deserve the title... :roll:

He faced an average driver in 1994, but he still had only won by one point and had to bend the rules to win. Also would an average driver lead most of the Hungarian GP in a *beep* Arrows?

But my main point about Schuey was his team mates were never allowed to race him. Look at Senna and Prost. Proper driver who weren't scared of facing each other in the best team.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:21 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

It would be exactly the same for Alonso and I could easily see his teammate at McLaren not being allowed to race him.

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlin ... 4755.shtml - Looks like teammate to Alonso won't do as well, but Alonso won't anyway.

As for Hill, it was only one race which he shone, where was the consitincy when the car worked in other races? And Hill did rubbish for Jordan in 1999 where they were fighting for a title. Plus think back to 1995 where Hill got the race ban. It isn't only Schumi then. :roll:

And I didn't say that it was because he finished the 1st 8 races in the top 2, I said he doesn't deserve it because he runs down his team and moans about anything, just because he loses a few points :roll:

I would prefer Yuji Ide to win the title then Alonso.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:29 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

No one be slagging Yuji Ide now :D ;)

Or Alonso for that matter

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Alonso did deserve to win the title and Schumi didnt deserve anything above 2nd for all his cheating over the years!

And they need to reinstate Ide with his rightful place alongside Massa at Ferrari :D

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:39 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
Alonso did deserve to win the title and Schumi didnt deserve anything above 2nd for all his cheating over the years!

And they need to reinstate Ide with his rightful place alongside Massa at Ferrari :D

Ok then, at least you aren't part of UKF1 otherwise you would be outnumbered as I think all agree about my statement that Alonso moans.

Schumi has done great racing and through all the cheating, I am 75% sure that you will miss him racing and winning races.

Anyway I must announce that if you don't like Schumi, please just don't enter the thread to have a arguement and complain. It's pretty simple to just stay away from a thread.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:43 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

justcause110 wrote:
TOM22 wrote:

Ok then, at least you aren't part of UKF1 otherwise you would be outnumbered as I think all agree about my statement that Alonso moans.

Schumi has done great racing and through all the cheating, I am 75% sure that you will miss him racing and winning races.

Anyway I must announce that if you don't like Schumi, please just don't enter the thread to have a arguement and complain. It's pretty simple to just stay away from a thread.

I always support the underdog *Button* and so never supported Schumi but he has done some great things and had some great races and will encourage many young people to take it up and we might have even better (closer) races and championships.

I vow to leave this thread now unless anybody wants me ;)

(After Gameweek 22)

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:45 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

And as for Button, he is never going to be a champ.

"Hamilton for next champ" (justcause110 on the announcement of the future apperication thread) :-D

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:45 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Schumacher was the biggest cheat ever in F1!

Admit it ;)

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:49 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

justcause110 wrote:
And as for Button, he is never going to be a champ.

"Hamilton for next champ" (justcause110 on the announcement of the future apperication thread) :-D

I know that he wont be champion, just like Shrewsbury will never be Premiership Champions it doesnt mean I shouldnt hope they will and support them!

(After Gameweek 22)

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:09 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:12 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

justcause110 wrote:

BYE :-D

(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

justcause110 wrote:

well, i like him, but not that much!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]