Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:23 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject: General Motorsport Chatter

Warnings: 0
Posting this so I dont invade the batracer thread so much.....

Anyone else got Autosport today or have a good piece of news for us :-D

http://www.autosport.com/news/

some sections now free :D

justcause110

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

I got autosport today which is a rare occasion when it usually comes Friday.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:11 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Cannot believe there are only 4 F1 Races left

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

At last you have A1GP to keep youfrom getting withdrwal symptoms on a sunday

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
At last you have A1GP to keep youfrom getting withdrwal symptoms on a sunday

Yep anyone here have Sky to watch it :?

except me ;)

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:14 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Is it only on Sky Sports??

(After Gameweek 22)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:15 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
Is it only on Sky Sports??

Yes, sorry :cry:

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Is it on the internet anywhere?

(After Gameweek 22)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
Is it on the internet anywhere?

Let me check the A1 Website.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:24 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Don't think so Tom :cry:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54166

Didnt see this new French livery system till today :oops:

justcause110

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Well f1 live did a story ages ago about that sky sports was going to pen a agreement to allow terristal telly to show delayed coverage. I would hope it's true.

They should do like BTCC even, have one race full. If only if only :roll:

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:09 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

I found this

Although some events did not prove as popular as anticipated in terms of spectators at circuits, the series proved a success on television, and Holland and New Zealand have both been guaranteed coverage next season after deals were renewed with RTL7 and TV3 respectively. In addition, Sky Sports UK, which will continue to show both races and qualifying live, has agreed to allow a delayed race broadcast to be made available on British terrestrial television. A1's broadcast team will be in France later this week to meet with French broadcast carriers, as well as incumbent licensee Eurosport, to discuss next year's broadcast plans

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=83&id=132049

but as far as I am aware (not very much then :lol: ) no deal has been done with any terestrial channel

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:12 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

and this

http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/sho ... did=123286

but still no Terrestrial channel picking up any rights as far as I can see.

Anyone with more information on this :D

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Todays Gossip :lol:

and lets start with yesterdays news. :lol:

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore compared Formula One to Italian football's match-fixing scandal and said that the outcome of the championship had been decided "around a table".

Briatore's comments on Italian television followed Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso declaring that Formula One was "no longer a sport".

Stewards at the Italian Grand Prix demoted Alonso five places on the starting grid after he was ruled to have impeded Ferrari's Felipe Massa during Saturday's qualifying.

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher won Sunday's race after Alonso withdrew 10 laps from the end with a blown engine.

"What happened on Sunday isn't the problem," said Briatore. "It is what happened before the race which is strange. This is a world championship which has already been decided at the table.

"We have understood how things go - it has all been decided...they have decided to give the world championship to Schumacher and that is what will be," he said on Italy's RAI television.

"Compared to what is happening in Formula One, 'calciopoli' just makes me smile," added Briatore, referring to the football scandal which resulted in leading club Juventus, owned like Ferrari by the Fiat group, being demoted to the second division as punishment.

"While I accept that there are people who talk about Ferrari from time to time, there is someone who talks too much and who missed a good opportunity to stay quiet," said Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo when asked about Briatore's comments.

"In life you need to have a little bit of class and so I prefer not to respond," he added.

Alonso leads Schumacher by two points with three races remaining.

Seven-time world champion Schumacher announced on Sunday that he was retiring from the sport at the end of this season

Flavio Briatore could be summoned to appear in front of the World Motor Sport Council next week, after the FIA said it was reviewing his latest criticism of Formula One.

The Renault team chief accused the sport's authorities for 'fixing' the championship outcome in favour of rivals Ferrari.

"Compared to what is happening in Formula One, 'calciopoli' just makes me smile," Briatore stated, referring to the Italian football scandal which resulted in leading club Juventus, owned like Ferrari by the Fiat group, being demoted to the second division as punishment.

Subsequently, an FIA spokesman told reports at Monza: "The comments attributed to the Renault team principal have been noted by the FIA and are under consideration."

According to the regulations, the FIA can summon any competitor, including drivers and team members, for a hearing if he "fails to operate his team in a manner compatible with the standards of the Championship or in any way brings the Championship into disrepute."

If found guilty, the FIA can go as far as excluding the competitor from the championship.

In 1997, then Williams driver Jacques Villeneuve was summoned in front of the World Motor Sport Council after making disparaging remarks on Formula One's competitiveness following a series of rule changes. The Canadian was let off with a reprimand.

Briatore, who has been vocally critical of the FIA since the governing body banned the mass dampers system mid-season, could be summoned to the upcoming WMSC meeting, scheduled for September 19.

The extraordinary meeting was already scheduled, to consider a controversial podium presentation at the Turkish Grand Prix in Istanbul last month.

someone in trouble :lol:

but then the unexpected happens :lol:

Renault team chief Flavio Briatore has moved to clarify his comments about the integrity of Formula One, the Italian saying these comments were made in jest.

Briatore has been critical of the sport's authorities, saying the world championship is being fixed in favour of Ferrari, further claiming in a post-race interview with Italian television RAI that the recent scandal in Italian football pales in comparison with the situation in F1.

But after the FIA said it was looking into Briatore's comments, with the Italian possibly invited to appear in front of the World Motor Sport Council for bringing the sport into disrepute, Briatore issued a statement that moves to downplay the severity of his accusations.

"These comments, which have been attributed to me in the press today, have been completely taken out of context," Briatore stated. "A jokey remark has been turned into something it was not intended to be.

"I have every confidence in the governance of our sport and look forward to our team fighting and winning the Formula One World Championship this season."

The Formula One Sporting Regulations allow the FIA to punish any competitor who brings in any way the championship into disrepute.

justcause110

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

What does all think of Klien being released for Doornbos? Or don't anyone care of a midfielding team :lol:

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:23 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

gunge_blobby wrote:
What does all think of Klien being released for Doornbos? Or don't anyone care of a midfielding team :lol:

I like all the teams really :D

Yes I know I am greedy ;)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:11 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Todays news :D My sources websites as usual :D

Michael Schumacher is the most unsporting driver in Formula One history, according to world champion Fernando Alonso.

Speaking on his country's Radio Marca, the Renault driver was very critical of the seven-time world champion, who on Sunday announced his retirement from the sport at the end of the season.

"Zidane retired with more glory than Schumacher," said Alonso, referring to the French football player whose last game was marked by a red card following a controversial head-butt in the World Cup final this year.

"Michael is the man with the most sanctions and the most unsporting driver in the history of Formula One," added the Spaniard, who despite his criticism admitted that racing against the Ferrari driver had been an honour.

"That doesn't mean he hasn't been the best driver, and fighting against him has been an honour and a pleasure," Alonso said.

An angry Alonso was very critical of Formula One last weekend after the race stewards penalised him for blocking Schumacher's teammate Felipe Massa during qualifying.

Alonso was relegated to tenth position on the grid and then suffered further misery when he retired from the race with a broken engine. Schumacher won the race to reduce the gap to Alonso to just two points.

The Spanish driver admitted that, after the penalty, the thought of not racing crossed his mind.

"You think about not racing, but it goes away quickly once you put your helmet on," Alonso added.

"I was one hundred percent sure that I could win the race from anywhere on the grid, to keep on scoring points and finish in front. What I'm sure about is that he who laughs last laughs longest."

Despite his anger, the world champion still believes he can win the title, and said he doesn't agree with his team boss Flavio Briatore's claims that the championship has already been handed to Schumacher.

"I don't agree with Flavio. They haven't given the title to Schumacher already. It's true there have been a lot of decisions against some and in favour of other but that's it."

Kimi Raikkonen will almost certainly have to wait until January to get his first taste of a Ferrari, with McLaren unlikely to release him early from his contract.

Autosport.com understands that Raikkonen's deal with his current employers runs until December 31 rather than the end of the season.

To test for his new team would require Raikkonen to get an early release, something that team boss Ron Dennis has said would be highly unlikely.

"I don't think that any team would feel comfortable with contributing to the advancement of a competitor or driver by early release," he said, talking about Raikkonen's departure from his team.

"It is pretty much unheard of amongst competitive drivers and teams. It is a world championship."

The late start for Raikkonen will not hurt as much as it would have done in other years though, because there will be a very limited December winter testing programme this year.

"Everybody is faced with constrained tyre supply next year so running before January 1 is going to be difficult," said Dennis. "So (Kimi) will likely take a holiday."

Spyker chief executive Victor Muller says his team could use Ferrari engines next season after taking over the MF1 Racing squad last weekend.

Dutch sports car maker Spyker bought the team for $106.6 million after months of speculation regarding the future of the former Jordan outfit.

Midland are currently using Toyota engines, but the Japanese car maker will only supply the Williams team next season, leaving Spyker with no engine deal yet.

Although a deal with Cosworth seems like the most obvious option for the squad, Muller said using Ferrari customer engines would be a possibility.

"There is a chance certainly," Muller said about using Ferrari engines in 2007, "but there is no chance that a Ferrari engine will be a great opportunity for Spyker. But these discussions are on-going and until we've concluded a deal we can't say anything."

Muller, whose Spyker company is currently making a loss but who expects to be profitable this year, said he hopes to benefit from the exposure of Formula One.

"Formula One is the one single most marketing tool for a manufacturer," Muller added. "Other than that it's sponsoring the grand final of the World Cup.

"This is like having a final every two or three weeks through the year and we are a very small manufacturer and in order to get the resources for marketing - nothing beats entering Formula One."

McLaren are yet to decide if Pedro de la Rosa keeps the second seat at the team in the remaining three races of the season.

F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh, however, said the Spaniard was likely to compete until the end of the year.

De la Rosa, who took the second seat alongside Kimi Raikkonen when Juan Pablo Montoya left the team, was only confirmed until the Italian Grand Prix but Whitmarsh said it made sense to keep him until the end of the season.

"In truth we have not had that discussion but that is our planning assumption at the moment," said Whitmarsh. "We will go and talk to him. There are back-to-back races, Pedro has won three titles in Japan and knows Suzuka very well and that is a circuit where it really helps to know.

"That is a logical decision, we will sit down, we have no particular pressure, Pedro is a balanced individual, we are planning to race him as an organisation we have not sat down and questioned that one. We will confirm it."

De la Rosa has scored 14 points in five races, scoring his maiden podium in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

I will try and post some pics of all the cars on here as sigs.

EXTRA BMW

Last edited by Super Aguri on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:19 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Fernando Alonso wrote:
Michael Schumacher is the most unsporting driver in Formula One history, according to world champion Fernando Alonso.

Couldnt agree more Mr. Alonso :-D

(After Gameweek 22)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Only 1 Piece of news worth posting about today

Michael Schumacher's manager has accused Fernando Alonso of "pitiful behaviour" after the Formula One world champion described the German ace as the least sporting driver of all time.

Bild newspaper quoted Willi Weber on Wednesday as saying that Alonso's comment to Spain's Radio Marca was an "unbelievable insult, totally below the belt."

"I regard Alonso as a brilliant driver, but his behaviour right now is just pitiful. Michael will give him a suitable answer on the track," Weber said.

The remarks will ensure an even more spirited end to the 2006 championship, with Renault's Alonso two points clear of Ferrari's Schumacher going into the final three races. Schumacher is then to retire from the sport.

Alonso was incensed after he was demoted five places to 10th on Sunday's grid in Monza for impeding the qualifying lap of Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.

Schumacher won at Monza while Alonso pulled over with a blown engine 10 laps from the end.

The Spaniard later attacked what he saw as institutional bias in favour of Schumacher and Ferrari, suggesting on Sunday that there was a conspiracy to hand Schumacher an eighth title.

Alonso told Radio Marca that Schumacher was "the most unsporting driver with the largest number of sanctions in the history of Formula One."

Weber, who has represented the seven times world champion since 1988, demanded an apology from Alonso for what he called "unfair and cheap" remarks.

[ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]