Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Will was being serious! And I think that's a really interesting twist to the club v country debate...

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:09 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Will was being serious! And I think that's a really interesting twist to the club v country debate...

Well it could kill off the international game if something like that happened. Unless some kind of insurance system was set up.

I can see Newcastle's point though, I mean how many millions could it cost them if they went down next season because of this? But you could say that it's just a risk you have to take if you sign international players. Owen's injury wasn't related to any previous problem so there's no negligence on England/the FA's part.

Ciara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:55 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
KP wrote:

I know he was being serious, but the thought makes me laugh!

£25 million? Madness!

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:13 am    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

I like the idea of Duffer's team but the chances of Beckham being dropped are actually, like, zero. I feel a bit sorry for him, he's really under-appreciated I think. He's the best player we've had for ages.

In other news, I don't doubt that Walcott's a good player, Maltus, I just think he was a bit of a stupid selection if Sven's not going to play him. If he plays then we'll see.

Another thing - I'm on a new officials tour of flippin Wimbledon at 4pm on Sunday. How dare FIFA not plan their match schedule around it? Frankly, I'm disappointed at their lack of consideration for my needs. :-D

Anyone know any pubs in Wimbledon? :-D

1p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:04 pm    Author: 1p    Post subject:

Michael Owen: got crocked.
Wayne Rooney: got red carded.
Theo Walcott: far too premature. The mind boggles.
Peter Crouch: perhaps the only striker to have gained some credibility.

How you feel for the likes of Jermaine Defoe, Darren Bent and Andy Johnson, and for this, I won't be sorry to see Sven go.

Maltus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:39 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

But then everyone (other than me) was criticising Hargreaves before the tournament began, but I think Sven got that one right and he was our best player overall (at least when in his favoured position).

I think the boy was quality and gave his all for the shirt. It pains me to say that I didn't see the same from Joe Cole, Gerrard and Lampard for much of the tournament. They seem to play better at club level.

England went out with a whimper, not a roar.

I wasnt even that disappointed when we lost on penalties, we were that bad. Portugal were mediocre, but we were just as poor.

Allez le France is all I can say now!

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]