Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 17 posts ] 

Score?
England Win 62%  62%  [ 10 ]
Paraguay Wn 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Draw 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Not bothered as I hate Football. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:59 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject: England vs. Paraguay

Warnings: 0
Only an hour or so until the game now. What do you think the score will be?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

A draw, if I had to lean one way Paraguay as I think they're heavily underestimated and Gerrard is probably not fully fit. Then again, he wasn't in the FA Cup final, and look what he did.

J.R.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:03 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

I'm watching this game right now on the ABC Network!

I'm rooting for England, of course! :D

-Joe R.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:05 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

1-0 :-D :-D

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:14 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
wokoman88 wrote:
1-0 :-D :-D

An own goal by Paraguay, but I suppose England will be happy whoever ends up claiming it. :D

I fancied Paraguay for a 0-0 draw with England, so that's my prediction out of the window! :lol:

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:51 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject:

Half time. 1-0. A fairly decent 1st half but I think we'll need another goal at least.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:52 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject:

Paraguay : Divers. Cheats. What about that dive a minute from time? He got up, then down again as the shot went wide.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:52 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I think England will win from here, even with this referee.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:54 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject:

What a relief. What the *beep* happened in the second half?

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

The Mexican referee gave nearly everything to Paraguay in the second half which didn't help.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

safc4eva wrote:
What a relief. What the *beep* happened in the second half?

It's called Sven Goran Erikson.

What the hell were England doing???

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:05 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Tactics and the ref didn't help, but they just can't cope with the heat. We don't want a potential second round tie with Ecuador in these conditions, that's for sure.

If England can't host the next World Cup to be awarded, I think we should support a Norway/Sweden joint bid!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Paraguay really should have scored, but they were as impotent as England in the final third even with twelve men.

Trinidad and Tobago might be fancying their chances of a sensational run to the knockout stages... if I was them, I would be!

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:21 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject:

Onwards and upwards. It wasn't a great performance but it would have been worse if we hadn't got the 3 points. A win against Trinidad or Sweden and were guarenteed a place in the second round.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:37 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject:

Not quite.

ENG 1 - 0 PAR

Now if...

SWE 0 - 2 TRI
ENG 1 - 0 TRI [the win]
PAR 0 - 2 SWE
ENG 0 - 1 SWE
TRI 2 - 0 PAR

1. SWE [6] +3
2. TRI [6] +3
3. ENG [6] +1
4. PAR [0] -5

Not quite home and dry if we beat Trinidad.

Ciara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:30 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
That was a poor England performance in the second half. England have massive problems when it comes to turning an excellent performance into goals - they never seem able to take charge of the game. Instead they sit back and encourage the opposition onto them (don't think that's on purpose). A second goal at any stage in that game would have changed things but England created nothing!

The result is the most important thing but that second half performance was rubbish. It's lucky they were up against Paraguay and not somebody better.

I can't believe Eriksson's thinking/tactics in the second half. If you're going to take Owen off you have two simple options - replace him with another striker that'll play off Crouch or push a midfielder up there, which he did, and tell him to play off Crouch with the wingers coming in off the flanks slightly, which he didn't. I didn't understand Downings inclusion at all. Cole was doing well out there, what England needed was a pacy striker who was prepared to take the Paraguay defence on. From what we've read, that's supposed to be Theo Walcott.

Joe Cole was the best player on the pitch, he was fantastic. Beckham had a good game too. I don't think the defence looked all that hot - there were a couple of nervy moments back there and a couple of misplaced and miskicked clearances. Ferdinand was pretty consistent throughout, Terry was good too but they were beaten in the air too many times. Both of them are big guys, there's no way they should be beaten in the air like they were - bread and butter stuff for them. Neville was his usual self - reliable, Cole looked dodgy at times and Robinson did everything he had to do. Apart from 3 long range efforts Lampard was ineffective going forward but did his fair share defensively. The MOTD guys were waxing lyrical about Gerrard in the first half which was OTT IMO. Did what he had to do defensively and passed the ball well but didn't do enough to get forward and support the strikers.

Can't believe how crap that referee was. What a joke.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

simone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:32 pm    Author: simone    Post subject:

That match just showed that Sven hasnt got a clue what hes doing. And it also showed that Stevie G & Frankie Lampard cannot lay together. Sven should have had Carrick playing in central midfield instead of Gerrard i thought he played quite poor yesterday. And bringing on Owen Hargreaves as a replacement for Joe Cole what was he thinking. Owen isnt even fit to clean Joe boots let alone replace him on the football pitch. England better play better next 2 games if they want to scare people & make them think that they have a chance of winning the world cup

[ 17 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]