Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:59 pm    Author: Ryan    Post subject: ENGLAND WON!

Warnings: 0
YAY!

WE WON!

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:49 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

10 out of 10 for observation :-D

simone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:34 pm    Author: simone    Post subject:

England won just about they played terrible and if they dont play better then they have no chance of winning the world cup

Ciara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:52 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
simone wrote:
England won just about they played terrible and if they dont play better then they have no chance of winning the world cup

Do you like England will get better as the quality of the opposition improves? I've always thought England are much better when they are underdogs, or playing against someone at their level.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:10 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

Ciara wrote:
simone wrote:

Do you like England will get better as the quality of the opposition improves? I've always thought England are much better when they are underdogs, or playing against someone at their level.

I think we should give them a break, they did what they needed to do and it seems we're never pleased! If they can play like they did in the first half then we don't need to worry for now - they're only going to get better. Sven's experimentation shouldn't be blamed on the team.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:27 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Do you remember the World Cup in Italy in 1990 and how hot it was then?

We at the same time I was in Austria with a pretty decent semi-pro team who had to play in a football a tournament in Vienna in 1990.

The temperatures my players faced were similar to those experienced by the England team in Germany yesterday.

I see that the FA are raising the subject of water with the organising committee.

It is an absolute disgrace that the Mexican referee refused to allow the players access to water. Having said that this should have been sorted out before the event.

We are supposed to have world class professional back room staff and coaches and I find it amazing that no-one thought to discover how to get water on to the field during the game. That to me is utterly ridiculous and if they didnt know that it was going to be THAT hot - someone should be sacked.

GEORDIE
(Just for the record - we spoke to the referee before our games and it was agreed that during injuries players would be able to drink water and that water bottles could be left around the pitch. The temperature at kick off was 104 degrees in the centre circle when we played and we had a rota of "injuries" during the course of the games. Odds and then evens.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]