Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Warnings: 0
Here we go again then, guys!

The new season fixtures are about to be revealed too...so bring it on!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I knew we would start against Burton...

Divvy can you make up a list of predictions of which we should make like last year?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Certainly.

Forest begin like they did last season; Reading, but this time its at the Madejski - we've never started away in years!

Wednesday begin at home to Barnsley too...interesting...Peschisolido and co. definitely have the best tie of the weekend, if I was Sky I'd want to have the Shrewsbury v Burton match on telly! :lol: Stoke v Burnley will though, what a game there too!

Here we go then: predictions sil vous plait?

League Outrights:

Premier League
Championship
League One
League Two
Conference
Scottish Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga

Premier League relegation (three clubs)
Championship promotion (three clubs)
League One promotion (three clubs)
League Two promotion (four clubs)

Cup Competitions

League Cup
FA Cup
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Premier League overachievers
Premier League underachievers
Championship overachievers
Championship underachievers
Premier League team to watch
Championship team to watch

First Premier League managerial casualty

Best transfer (incoming)
Worst transfer (incoming)

Due to future transfers probably getting a say in the leagues etc, you can edit and post your answers upto Friday 14th August! :) Good luck!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Well thank you...

League Outrights:

Premier League - Liverpool (It's going to be close though.)
Championship - West Brom
League One - Norwich
League Two - Crewe maybe...
Conference - Wrexham
Scottish Premier League - Rangers
La Liga - Barcelona
Serie A - Inter
Bundesliga - Bayern

Premier League relegation - Stoke, Wolves and Brum
Championship promotion - West Brom, Reading, Newcastle
League One promotion - Norwich, MK Dons, Leeds
League Two promotion - Crewe, Hereford, Rochdale (they deserve to just get out of the league...) and Shrewsbury...

Cup Competitions

League Cup - Man U
FA Cup - Man U
UEFA Champions League - Real Madrid
UEFA Europa League - Fulham
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Shrewsbury

Premier League overachievers - Burnley
Premier League underachievers - Fulham
Championship overachievers - Watford
Championship underachievers - Newcastle
Premier League team to watch - Burnley
Championship team to watch - Watford

Best transfer - Ben Davies to Real Madrid.. Galactico...
Worst transfer - TBD

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Interesting few stats here...

(The rate this morning is 1 Euro buys 0.85 Pounds.)

I think two things stand out... the worlds best player is only the eight most highly payed and Micheal Owen is in the 20?! Newcastle getting value for money there.

(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I'm pleased with our fixture list, and we start and finish at home this season which I'm pleased about.

League Outrights:

Premier League - Manchester United
Championship - Sheffield United
League One - Norwich City
League Two - Crewe Alexandra
Conference - Wrexham
Scottish Premier League - Rangers
La Liga - Barcelona (by default as I absolutely hate Real Madrid)
Serie A - AC Milan
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

Premier League relegation (three clubs) - Burnley, Stoke, Wolves
Championship promotion (three clubs) - Sheffield United, West Brom, Middlesborough
League One promotion (three clubs) - Norwich, Leeds and Tranmere (bit optimistic with the last one)
League Two promotion (four clubs) - Crewe, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Bradford

Cup Competitions

League Cup - Chelsea
FA Cup - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League - Manchester United
UEFA Europa League - Everton
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Rochdale

Premier League overachievers - Fulham
Premier League underachievers - Wigan
Championship overachievers - QPR
Championship underachievers - Newcastle
Premier League team to watch - Everton
Championship team to watch - Sheffield United

First Premier League managerial casualty - Mark Hughes

Best transfer (incoming)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I'll have a bash, methinks!

League Outrights:

Premier League - totally dependent on Manchester United being able to invest in that £80million...for a safe bet I'll say Chelsea.
Championship - My gut says Sheffield United...but my head says one of the two North East clubs will bounce straight back up. Out the two I'd fancy Middlesbrough.
League One - Norwich City for me.
League Two - Northampton Town for me.
Conference - Luton Town without shadow of doubt. Mick Harford is the man to bring them back up, and this time they have no deficit to stop them!
Scottish Premier League - under Tony Mowbray, I can't see past Celtic
La Liga - Real Madrid to claim one season of glory from all this super spending...
Serie A - With Mourinho staying, you really can't see past Internazionale
Bundesliga - If Bayern can keep hold of Ribery, then I'll back them too! If he leaves, then Werder Bremen!

Premier League relegation - Hull City, Burnley and Birmingham City
Championship promotion - Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and West Bromwich Albion
League One promotion - Norwich City, Leeds United and MK Dons
League Two promotion - Northampton Town, Rochdale, Shrewsbury Town and AFC Bournemouth

Cup Competitions

League Cup - Liverpool
FA Cup - Let's have a wild guess here...Aston Villa
UEFA Champions League - if Real Madrid finally make it to the last-8 stage, I'd not be surprised to see them finally win it again...if not then Barcelona again
UEFA Europa League - would love to see Everton, Villa or Fulham win it...so I'll pick the most likely of the three; Everton
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southampton to claim something from their dismal times!

Premier League overachievers - I fancy Stoke to avoid Second Season Syndrome and push for mid-table once again...if not then higher!
Premier League underachievers - Very hard to choose. Wigan have a good manager in Martinez, Zola is doing wonders for West Ham, and Hodgson is a miracle man for Fulham...again picking the most likely here...Wigan. But they definitely won't go down
Championship overachievers - I can't even say Forest this time as they haven't even signed half the players they said they'd sign...I'm going to therefore say Sheffield Wednesday; they are aiming for the play-offs this season so why not?!
Championship underachievers - Newcastle United. Depending on whether or not Shearer stays, they could really struggle. Mid-table for them.
Premier League team to watch - With their goal machine Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, I'm going to say Wolves.
Championship team to watch - Peterborough United...with Fergie at the helm anything is possible!

First Premier League managerial casualty - Hard to say...all the "smaller" clubs have safe managers (Wigan, Stoke, Hull etc)...I'm going to say Alex McLeish (Birmingham)

Best transfer (incoming) - I did say Gareth Barry in June, but now I'm going to be brave and say Michael Owen. He's already settling in, and already found the net a couple times in pre-season...no worries hopefully!
Worst transfer (incoming) - I'm going to be really bold here again...Darren Bent at Sunderland! I like the guy, but I don't know if he's going to shine straightaway...

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

May I also remind everyone of my 100% record of correctly predicting the Premier League team to watch:

2005-06 I said Wigan...they didn't finish highest of the three promoted, but West Ham weren't in their maiden season in the top flight!

2006-07 I said Reading...they almost managed European football in their maiden season in the top flight!

2007-08 I said Sunderland...the fact that Birmingham and Derby (the other two promoted clubs) were both relegated, that says it all...

2008-09 I said Stoke...Hull peaked far too early, yes they had memorable wins but Stoke took it week by week, and ultimately, they did brilliantly!

So...seriously...watch out for Wolves!

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Big-Davey wrote:
So...seriously...watch out for Wolves!

They're a Midlands club so they'll offer a lot of hope but ultimately fall short.

(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

David, whether that is a 100% record is subjective, because I personally don't think either Wigan or Sunderland were teams to watch in those seasons. Wolves won't be good enough this season IMO, Birmingham have the best chance of the survival for me.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I should define...I've always used my Team to Watch for promoted clubs only. Hence why I chose Peterborough for the Championship.

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 am    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

League Outrights:

Premier League - Man Utd
Championship - West Brom
League One - Bri..... Norwich
League Two - Northampton
Conference - Oxford
Scottish Premier League - Celtic
La Liga - Barcelona
Serie A - Inter Milan
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

Premier League relegation (three clubs) - Hull, Burnley, Stoke
Championship promotion (three clubs) - West Brom, Newcastle, Ipswich
League One promotion (three clubs) - Norwich, Leeds, MK Dons
League Two promotion (four clubs) - Northampton, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Rochdale

Cup Competitions

League Cup - Chelsea
FA Cup - Liverpool
UEFA Champions League - Chelsea
UEFA Europa League - Roma
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Brighton

Premier League overachievers - Birmingham
Premier League underachievers - Wigan
Championship overachievers - Derby
Championship underachievers - Boro
Premier League team to watch - Birmingham
Championship team to watch - Leicester

Best transfer (incoming)
Worst transfer (incoming) - Ronaldo, only way is down after leaving Utd

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:57 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Tevez is officially leaving Manchester United.

He rejected a six-figure weekly salary on a 5-year contract and is sure to join Manchester City now :(

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:24 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Big-Davey wrote:
Tevez is officially leaving Manchester United.

He rejected a six-figure weekly salary on a 5-year contract and is sure to join Manchester City now :(

I cant see him joining City... I think he'll go to Tottenham or Liverpool.

(After Gameweek 22)

DanS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:30 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Premier League - I'm going to go with Liverpool, although I think it might depend on departures. Masch and Alonso leaving will certainly hurt the title challenge, but I'll go with Liverpool.
Championship - West Brom
League One - Leeds
League Two - Crewe
Conference - Chester
Scottish Premier League - Celtic
La Liga - Real Madrid. With their super spendings, I can see them just getting the edge over Barcelona
Serie A - Inter
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich.

Premier League relegation (three clubs) - Hull, Burnley and Wolves
Championship promotion (three clubs) - West Brom, Newcastle and Bristol City (a bit optimistic there)
League One promotion (three clubs) - Leeds, Norwich and Southampton on the prediction that they'll get out of their money trouble.
League Two promotion (four clubs) - Crewe, Northampton, Hereford and Shrewsbury

Cup Competitions

League Cup - Chelsea
FA Cup - Man Utd
UEFA Champions League - Real Madrid
UEFA Europa League - Everton
Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Hartlepool

Premier League overachievers - Birmingham
Premier League underachievers - Fulham
Championship overachievers - Bristol City
Championship underachievers - Middlesborough
Premier League team to watch - Liverpool. Just watch them win the Premiership for the first time.
Championship team to watch - West Brom. I think they'll go straight back up.

First Premier League managerial casualty - Mark Hughes. Man City just won't live up to the hype in my opinion, and Hughes will get the sack because of it.

Best transfer (incoming)

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:21 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Joe Hart has moved to Birmingham for 1 year apparently...

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:15 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I see Ipswich and Shrewsbury are playing each other in the first round of the Carling Cup...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

That'll be a good 'un!

I think you guys are gonna have a very interesting season to say the least; Keano is a brilliant young manager after all!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

HOLTY-WATCH: Shrewsbury have rejected an offer from Colchester.

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Mouhahah good! Nothing less than £500k needed.

(After Gameweek 22)

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]