Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: England cricket team changes

Warnings: 0
After the euphoria of an Ashes victory, England have to accept that only Andrew Strauss averaged over 40 among the players who played in more than one test match. The bowling stats aren't that great either even though the bowlers did get wickets at the crucial times. England will need to improve when they play South Africa, the new No. 1 ranked time in their own backyard. What changes if any would you make to the current England side especially now that Flintoff has gone?
Who would you take to South Africa?

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: England cricket team changes

Warnings: 0
Personally I would leave Bopara out of the touring party. If he did play he would have to bat at No. 5 or 6 but I think it might be better to wait until next summer. With Pietersen back it would be a toss up between Bell and Collingwood. I think Bell just edges it for me, although if neither he and Collingwood can justify selection then Rob Key should come back in. I would definitely take him to South Africa. Now that Flintoff has gone we need an out and out fast bowler so Harmison must play. I would bring in the all rounder Adil Rashid who is not only a very gifted leg spin bowler but a batsman of some class. As Shane Warne said, having Broad Swann and Rashid would really strengthen the batting line up while providing some great bowling options. Here would be my new look England 11 :

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Trott
Prior
Broad
Rashid
Swann
Anderson
Harmison

I would also take Collingwood Key Onions Sidebottom Denley in the touring party.

[ 2 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]