Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Warnings: 0
Peter Storrie was simply forced out...he at least wanted to see out the administration period but he's received so much abuse, I don't blame him

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Well the first blow has come for England...Beckham's season is over! :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Big-Davey wrote:
Well the first blow has come for England...Beckham's season is over! :(

First? Ashley Cole's season is over and is looking doubtful for the World cup as well.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:49 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Well..tis a shame that Beckham is out for the next few months - but really, if you're looking for aged rockers who've gone a bit rusty and off the boil recently...you could just aswell replace him with Robbie Savage.
Or if you're being particular, talking about positions (as Savage is only really worthwhile when he's in goal - not being used), maybe someone like Scholes - I don't know, I don't closely follow either Derby or Man Utd. Particularly not Derby, and particularly not Savage.

As for Becks, I don't personally agree with the pundits out there saying it's the end of his career - David James has suffered countless injuries, in the past few years, but he's now primed for the World Cup at going on 40. So perhaps it's not THAT serious.

But certainly a season-finisher for him. I mean, our Graeme Murty had a similar injury right at the start of August and is only back for the pre-season we think - but he's 35 and making a (horribly gradual) but good recovery. So there will be hope for Beckham I think. Not for his final world cup, which must be utterly agonising..but I'm not all convinced his career is over.

As for Cole...all I know of him is that we "raised" him at our place and since then he's not really done anything with his life.

I put forward Rickie Lambert to replace Beckham. But how he'd cope with being a little far back, I'm not sure.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Lambert is quality, but he's not proven in the higher leagues...

And yes I did forget about Ashley Cole...larks this could be a painful few months

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Newcastle are back in the Premier League!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Lovely jubbly. Portsmouth out, Toon in, I think it's safe to say Burnley out next, and for West Brom.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Phil 09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I think Burnley are out of the PL as well as Pompey. Who next?? West Hmm, Hull?

Close run thing but I think with 4 or 5 games to go, I hope West Hmm.

Will teach the new former owners of my supportive club, Birmingham City that they have made fans and players to live on false pretences. Promise all, deliver nothing. (Trust me!! We had it for 16 years!) If there are any WHU fans on this forum... Like this current gov't who in a hypothetical sense have just signed their one months notice today. Don't expect anything!!

Zola will be gone which would be a shame as he seems a decent bloke. At BCFC, there was Barry Fry, Trevor Francis who left in such acrimonious circumstances, and I can add Steve Bruce to that also, even though he got us promoted twice.

Don't trust.

£££££ is all they are interested in.

Forewarned is forearmed. Regards.

Phil.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

The same Barry Fry who today confirmed the appointment of Gary Johnson as new manager of Peterborough United!

I still think it'll be Burnley and Hull...like I predicted pre-season

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

For the first time in seven years, there's no English club left in the Champions League at the semi-final stage! :shock:

Arsenal dumped out by the best player on the planet...Man Utd dumped out by some early petulance by one of their youngsters!

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Shame, isn't it. I say roll back to the 80's and let's have European football at St Mary's some time soon....OK, maybe that's pushing it a little, given the slight 4-1 thrashing by Ajax pre-season.
But still.

There's always next year though, I suppose. Personally, I'm looking forward to the Cup semi-finals - perhaps not the predictable one, tomorrow, but the Spurs-Portsmouth clash on Sunday i nparticular. I've been looking at the local paper, and it seems as good as possible for them. Well, you have to have been sidelined for half the season to be allowed to play for them now, but they look fit for their mauling at Wembley.

I'm predicting 3-1 to Tottenham, and 2-1 to Chelsea for a Spurs/Chelsea cup final.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I want Pompey in the Final...they deserve it more, but I honestly think it'll go to extra time and Spurs will probably hang in there

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Well, it's on in 13 minutes by my clock.

I might revise my prediction, actually. 4-1 to Tottenham.

And I'm going to try and strike it lucky I think...I'll go for Man City 3-0 Birmingham, Liverpool 2-1 Fulham.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

POMPEY ARE IN THE FINAL!!!

Very unlucky Spurs didn't equalise, but what a Final this will be: we've already had Mourinho v Chelsea this season and Chelsea lost...now time for Avram v Chelsea!!!

Form is chucked out of the window now; Pompey are already relegated, they have only this trophy to honestly play for...good luck to them next month!

collydolly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Thank you Huddersfield :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Congratulations to:

1) Norwich City for winning promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking
2) Notts County for finally winning promotion back to League One after a nasty season full of broken promises and turmoil
3) Rochdale for finally winning promotion to League One after 41 years of hurt
4) Stevenage Borough for finally winning promotion to the Football League after many years of Conference play-off woe
5) Livingston for winning promotion to the Scottish Second Division after being demoted two divisions for ridiculous reasons

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

And fingers-crossed for Number 6, to Southampton for achieving promotion at the first attempt (probably on the last day) having been days from being wound-up only 10 months ago.

And here's hoping Leicester can make it to the Premiership again. It'd make a difference from recent years, to have them there. But look what's happened to Burnley, so maybe not.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

(Forest fan here) I hope Leicester don't... ;) though they are the two most overperforming teams in the league so I hope they meet at Wembley for an electric Play-off Final! :D

Southampton...boy if they scrape into the Play-offs, it'd be absolutely epic; eight points outside the top six with five games to play, one of them being a game in hand on everyone else...it's possible but probably only if it's literally five wins from these last five matches...and boy would they deserve it!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:19 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Well...we've got Oldham next, and then the (ahem) mighty Carlisle.

But my eyes are on Wycombe, who have been amazing of late. One last push for survival, but they'e 5 points away now and with only 9 possible points left for them. Personally I think, for all the fighting spirit they've shown it'd be verging on a disgrace if they actually do go down this year. Still, to have come from 10 points down, written off, and to have slashed that deficit in half is a huge achievement in itself, so they'll be going down with pride.

Congrats to all our Rochdale fans on here, I couldn't even begin to think how long 36 years in the same division feels like. Hope you don't have the same problems as Wycombe once you're up - starting the season in mid-March.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

And sadly you were relegated today...poor Southend, really have collapsed since Freddy Eastwood left :(

But well done to Bournemouth; 12 months ago they made themselves safe from the League 2 drop...and now they're promoted to League One! :D

Hull and Burnley are bound for the Championship now; Hull are all-but down and Burnley must win all three of their remaining matches to even sniff safety...

...and if Crystal Palace beat West Brom on Monday, Sheffield Wednesday will be relegated back to League One...I'm hoping this doesn't happen so the big finale next Sunday will be a cracker between Sheffield Wednesday and...you guessed it...Crystal Palace!

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]