Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:38 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Warnings: 0
Grrr Man U were a bit *beep* today... that is all Maud has to say on the matter.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Tis true; I said to someone at work "Yes it was a win but I very much doubt many fans went home feeling pleased with what they saw...they all wanted a goal glut today!

So much for Liverpool making a title challenge...losing their first game of the season! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:31 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Maanchester United have lost too Burnley! Hah! All 3 promoted clubs have won in the little mid-week stint and Brum are above United in the table...

Still no draws!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Burnley are actually doing really well. They beat Everton 1-0. A bit like Hull last season, except I don't think it'll last.

Big-Davey wrote:

So much for Liverpool making a title challenge...losing their first game of the season! :lol:

:evil: We only lost to Spurs and Boro last season, and Boro are now in the Championship, so ideally, it'll be the only game we lose this season :-D

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

To be fair, beating us atm is no great achievement, we don't look half the side we did last season.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Shrewsbury could beat Everton at the moment... although we could do that when you were a decent side with Rooney as well... :ponder:

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Aston Villa beating Liverpool 2-0.... very odd.

(After Gameweek 22)

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:46 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I hereby forfeit my rights to have hope on us winning the Premiership this season. We're just pitiful really :cry:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Hooliganism is back... violence everywhere at Upton Park where West Ham are playing Millwall with hundreds clashing and local pubs getting trashed. To make matters worse the came is heading into extra time and the stewards cant keep the fans apart or off the pitch. Not good.

(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

The problem is... Millwall fans and West Ham fans have bad history together, why were the police not prepared enough? We all know football hooligans have been lying low for a while but if they were ever gonna come back out it was gonna be at this match.

The ICF had this planned all along, even I knew that a few days before it happened (Brother in law has mates in the ICF), what I dont get is... and believe me this shows how stupid East Londoners can be.... why start it in your own area??? Ok so they probably wont be visiting The Den anytime soon but by planning it in their own area it shows they have no respect for where they live. I dont know if any of you have been to Upton Park but as my in laws live there and my Dave is from there I know the area very well, the stadium is squeezed in amongst the shops and houses, this means they were just vandalising their own stuff... idiots, their families have to live there, they have to live or go shopping in the area the ICF and The Bushwackers trashed.

Tom22, you say pubs got trashed, my sister in law owns a pub not far from stadium which was full of West Ham fans at the time, it wasnt touched, I wonder if the pubs that got trashed were mainly the ones the Millwall fans had been drinking in, tho I would suspect The Boleyn got trashed seeing as it's right next to the stadium.

I think what Harry says here is spot on: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... match.html

On another note, I was driving through Highbury yesterday and I couldnt work out why it was full of human bumble bees... then my son told me it was Arsenal v Celtic... what a god awful kit they have.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Nottingham Forest have some of the most stupid players.... ridiculous behavior taking the corner flag and waving it in front of the Derby fans... a riot is under way...

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Stupid Nathan Tyson!

On a more biased note though, today was RIGHT up there with one of my favourite moments of being a Reds fan...not quite as good as beating Manchester City in January, mind :P

We very nearly threw away the match, an amazing 3-0 lead had me literally pinching myself!

Talk about relieved to hear the final whistle! Tyson celebrated with the flag, paraded around the stadium...but didn't stop at the away end...stupid man! The FA will have him punished probably, but that riot was definitely the Derby fans being sore losers...who can blame them though; it was the first time Forest beat them since 2003 and the Marlon Harewood days! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I love Leighton Baines...

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

At last - we've won a game!!!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:18 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

Only just...

Here is an England squad with 1 too few Birmingham City players...
Goalkeepers
Ben Foster - Manchester United
Robert Green - West Ham United
Paul Robinson - Blackburn Rovers

Defenders
Wayne Bridge - Manchester City
Wes Brown - Manchester United
Ashley Cole - Chelsea
Glen Johnson - Liverpool
Joleon Lescott - Manchester City
John Terry - Chelsea
Matthew Upson - West Ham United

Midfielders
Gareth Barry - Manchester City
David Beckham - LA Galaxy
Michael Carrick - Manchester United
Steven Gerrard - Liverpool
Frank Lampard - Chelsea
Aaron Lennon - Tottenham Hotspur
James ilner - Aston Villla
Shaun Wright-Phillips - Manchester City
Ashley Young - Aston Villa

Forwards
Carlton Cole - West Ham United
Peter Crouch - Tottenham Hotspur
Jermain Defoe- Tottenhhm Hotsppur
Emile Heskey -Aston Villa
Waynee Roone- Mancnchester United

Bit of a breakdown as the teams of the players
Manchester City - 4
Manchester United - 4
Aston Villa - 3
Chelsea - 3
Tottenham Hotspur - 3
West Ham United -
Liverpool- 2
Blackburn Rovers - 1
LA Galaxy - 1

Manchester City slowly buying the England team...

(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

To be fair, the 3 points is all that matters at this stage, after such a poor start.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

David James was meant to be earning a recall...I guess him not even being in Portsmouth's squad today (apparently he's set to reunite with Redknapp at Spurs before the transfer window closes on Tuesday teatime?) has cost him...but Robinson getting the nod ahead of Harty? Bahhhh!!

Owen ignored yet again though...but this time only because of Defoe's newfound rich goalscoring form...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:43 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

It must be said, it was a very disappointing Transfer Deadline Day; the biggest move of the day was Krancjar moving to Spurs from Portsmouth!

Local-wise, looks we've helped you out again Sols; Arron Davies joining you guys til the New Year! He'll know Slade very well from Yeovil; he's a great player, just never broken into the first team on a regular basis!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

WHOA!

Chelsea have just been issued a ban by FIFA - they are not allowed to sign any players during the next two transfer windows! :shock:

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:25 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2009/10 Football Season Thread

I have a strong dislike for Chelsea but that is absolutely scandelous. It sounds so dull but I think English clubs are seriously getting victimised by the mega organisations such as FIFA and UEFA, the sooner Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have gone the better.

(After Gameweek 22)

[ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]