Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Who will win the League Two Play-Offs?
Shrewsbury Town 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Gillingham 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Warnings: 0
The polls this week will be devoted entirely to the Football League Play-Offs, as we learn who will feature in them.

So for League Two, we already have Brentford finally claw their way back into League One after a couple of difficult seasons in League Two, while Exeter City have managed a second consecutive promotion from the Blue Square Premier League last season to League One next season, and Wycombe Wanderers making sure their amazing start to the season was justified by their dramatic later-than-expected promotion.

We have four interesting teams to say the least, in the play-offs. First of all is Bury who have enjoyed a remarkable season and some would even say to have missed out on automatic promotion was disappointing in its own way, so they'll surely be wanted by many to be at Wembley at the very least. Gillingham were in the Championship a few seasons ago, so they will want to at least get into League One sooner rather than later, and their season has been largely eventful so far. Rochdale have played good football all season, but their inconsistency cost them any chances of going straight up, surely they will be one to watch? And then of course we have Shrewsbury Town who you'd have expected to even win League Two given their home record...thankfully they recorded enough points at the Prostar Stadium to keep alive their chances of promotion after a poor away record this season.

The Play-Off Final is between Shrewsbury Town and Gillingham.

Who do you think will go up?

For me, I would love to see ex-Forest hitman Grant Holt carry Shrewsbury to Wembley at the very least...the Shrews to play against another of his former clubs Rochdale in the Final, and them to clinch it!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Sun May 10, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:11 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

I have nothing to say on the matter what so ever.... Shrewsbury have to play an away game which is a bit of a problem for me and me saying anything would more than likely jinx any result. :eyes:

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Shrewsbury Town v Gillingham at Wembley!

Who will win?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

I got us this far by not jinxing us by saying who would win so I just hope a good day out is had by all!

(After Gameweek 22)

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Well this will be Tom's first ever trip to London so that should be a lucky omen for a Shrewsbury win.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Not tempting fate!

We beat Gillingham 7-0 at home early in the season and 2-2 at their place (which is good for us...).
The last time at Wembley, 2 years ago against Bristol Rovers, we lost and were the home team, this time we are the away side.
We have never won at Wembley.
Odds at the moment... Shrewsbury 10/11 and Gillingham 1/1

I dont like it.

(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Gillingham are gonna win... my reason is I once was in hospital there... plus.... cant be having Tom gloat can I.

Only joking... cmon the Ginger warriors

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:42 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Is that why you voted for Gillingham? :unsure

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:27 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

No that was me.

(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:17 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

I never voted for Gillingham Divvy so dont go accusing people of things until u get ur facts straight.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:16 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports Poll of the Week 18b: League Two Play-Offs

Gillingham are being very quiet about the amount of tickets they have sold so far... :suspect: By the end of play today 16,000 tickets had been sold at the ticket office with 8,000 left. Also the online ticket sales are doing pretty well as the site went down earlier due to demand... I'm sure we'll get nearer the 30,000 mark by the end of next week.

(After Gameweek 22)

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]