Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:30 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Warnings: 0
Well let us hope they carry on as they have started, well done to all :D

18,000 disappointed people due to come to Lords tomorrow are to get a refund and chance of a half price ticket for a warm up game later in the season :D

If the West Indies thought it was cold at Lords, wait until they get to Chester-le-Street next week :D

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Cricket

The biggest day in Dutch cricket beating England by 1 run... we just couldnt get runouts which was pretty devestating in that final over. England have to win against Pakistan on Sunday now.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

collydolly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:52 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Tom22 wrote:
The biggest day in Dutch cricket beating England by 1 run... we just couldnt get runouts which was pretty devestating in that final over. England have to win against Pakistan on Sunday now.

It seemed our lads couldn't get runs as the Dutch were bowling quite slowly :smt009

But it might just be the kick in the pants they need before we get too far into the competition :roll:

Local to us a young lad took 6 wickets in 6 balls and his team still lost :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:49 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Hussain and co. completely ripped the team apart in the post-match analysis, and for good reason - that had to be one of England's most embarrassing limited over matches I've heard of!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Australia got battered by the Windies, and suddenly, we're on the verge of losing 2 of the biggest teams from the contest. There is a possibility that what was meant to be England v Australia might turn out to be West Indies v Netherlands.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Sri Lanka have beaten Australia at Trent Bridge!! I know Twenty20 and test cricket are two different things but on this basis the Ashes are going to be fun!

(After Gameweek 22)

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Tom22 wrote:
Sri Lanka have beaten Australia at Trent Bridge!! I know Twenty20 and test cricket are two different things but on this basis the Ashes are going to be fun!

Mmmm can't wait :D

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Cricket

I'm going to cry.

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Cricket

I love Twenty20 cricket! What an amazing match at Lords... England being booed on, England not having the toss and then winning by 3 runs with a great performance! I love cricket.

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:40 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

It was a brilliant match - was VERY nervy at the end when they hit that six with two balls left...thankfully we held on! Sidebottom you legend!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Bring on the Windies :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Anything is possible!

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Cricket

We're far too inconsistent to win, and we'll have to face South Africa again most likely if we're to win the contest, and I can't see us beating them. That being said, I'm surprised we beat India tbh.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

That's the beauty of English cricket; we're either shockingly poor or we're shockingly good. Yesterday was the latter, and I'm praying for that today!

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Big-Davey wrote:
That's the beauty of English cricket; we're either shockingly poor or we're shockingly good. Yesterday was the latter, and I'm praying for that today!

Me too not long now, I am glad my nails are very long :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

Oh God...

A D/L calculation of 80 from 9 overs is all the Windies require now to knock England out of the tournament...we're dead! :(

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

England really are throwing everything at them! 50-5 a few moments ago...they're doing everything they can! COME ON!!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Cricket

:cry:

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Cricket

We just weren't good enough really throughout the competition, that has to be true of anyone who loses to Holland at any sport other than football!

The batting was poor throughout apart from Pietersen and Bopara. Although WI were a bit lucky with the Duckworth-Lewis target, England were lucky to get to the stage of having what was effectively a quarter-final.

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:24 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Cricket

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

[ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]