Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Would you be happy to see Hamilton win the F1A Championship?
Yes 61%  61%  [ 8 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

Warnings: 0
I know he's British but it seems a lot of people would rather see Felipe Massa win the Formula 1A Championship in Brazil, than Lewis Hamilton.

If Lewis Hamilton finishes 5th or better, he will become the youngest ever champion (age 23) - if he accomplishes this, would you be happy to see him victorious? Or would you think it'd be undeserving, given his recent "reckless" and "bigheaded" behaviour on the racetrack?

Straight answer this week; yes or no. But feel free to leave opinions as well!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

Of course!! We as British people always moan when we dont get sporting success what with the footy and Wimbledon and such like... but now we have a chance to see a British World Champion! I dont understand the reckless and bigheaded things being a bad thing really... if it spices races up then it has to be good!!

I wouldnt mind if he didnt win it mind, just as long as Massa claims it fairly and not through the Stewards or Raikkonen trying to kill him.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

I'm of exactly the same opinion. It doesn't matter how, as long as it's nothing silly of course, but patriotism always shines through for me no matter what sport it is!

Lewis Hamilton is a confident young driver, and if he has to be "reckless" to win races, so be it - after all, you don't win things without taking risks nowadays, ay?

He was desperately unlucky not to win it last year anyway - so I really hope he does it this year!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

Big-Davey wrote:
I'm of exactly the same opinion.

I would like to change my opinion :Jimmy_is_great

Alsooooo how long has it been the F1A Championship? :ponder: F1 Championship or the FIA F1 Championship surely?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

My friend always calls it F1A so I just follow :? It's only a name anyway! :suspect:

alex xxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

Davey I dunno why you rile me up really I don't. I dislike Lewis Hamilton and therefore do not want him to win this season, I would like it very much for his car to break or something, obviously not injuring him or anything, but I would like it to break. Also, failing that, I would like for Alonso to crash into him. Or maybe Raikonnen or even for Hamilton to get so big for his boots that we have a repeat of Japan and he ends up crashing with Kovaleinen on the start line, because of his feelings that he is "superior". Honestly, Hamilton has taken the easy wins really in my opinion this season. Massa is clearly the better driver, and the only reason he isn't miles in front is because of Ferrari themselves, and the standard of their car especially in the wet/cold.
So, in a nutshell FLIPPING NO!!!!!
Rant over xxxxx

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton
Global Moderator

As long as they're British and they're doing well, I couldn't care less who's behind the steering wheel.

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:30 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

Yes..........................fair enough - he is definately a bit 'up himself' and not the most likeable personality, but despite that it would be great to see a brit win the drivers championship for the first time in ages.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Sports poll of the week 11: Lewis Hamilton

I'm normally very patriotic and all that but I really don't want Hamilton to win the Word Championship. I just don't like him..

What really annoys me is how much the focus is on him, someone can have a superb race and come 2nd, but if Hamilton wins, he's immediately driver of the day..

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]