Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:10 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:42 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: At last! FM2008 is out!

Warnings: 0
Arguably one of my fave PC game series has just released this year's version.

Gonna get it today! Looks so much better than last year's coz now you can create your own competitions and clubs and play over the internet! We might be able to set up our own league at long last!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

bluewater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 am    Author: bluewater    Post subject:

I have played FM 2005, 2006 and 2007.

I have added Football Manager to my birthday or christmas list.

I will probably have to upgrade my PC next year again

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:29 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

I'll probably end up buying this game but I far as I was aware it comes out next week..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... d_i=468294

If there is an online mode then it should be a good new addition.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well I thought it was next week too, but like last year Game appears to be selling early :? last year I got mine on the Monday of the week it was supposed to come out on the Friday!

But yes, it looks amazing, so far you could create your own teams but nothing would have been manageable, only real teams could be managed. Now you can manage your own teams AND create your own competitions/leagues/tournaments!!!

I would imagine though that because of the recent changes in management (Warnock instead of Taylor at Palace, Grant at Chelsea instead of Mourinho, etc.), but it still sounds wicked.

EDIT: I was disappointed as Game say they are selling the game on Monday at the very earliest! Still good though as they'd be selling it days early again! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:10 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Sols, DEFINITELY worth buying it!!!

Why? Without even me explaining what I already think of the game, take a read of all the new bits in the game:

New features for Football Manager 2008 PC/Apple Macintosh:

Match Flow - The largest change to match-day in a Sports Interactive game since the introduction of the second match engine. Match flow brings more atmosphere to match-days with match previews, team talks, opposition player instructions, the match itself, half time and post match. These now seamlessly follow on from one another, with no more pausing to make tactical changes, and a mini-radar pitch whilst making those tactical changes to keep you in touch with what's going on in the match

International Management - The international management gameplay has been completely revamped for Football Manager™ 2008, including, but not limited to, media improvements, international retirements, player interaction, international scouting, improved pool selection, captain selection and a separation of international and club morale for players.

Easier to Use - A much cleaner skin, a brand new advisor system to help players through various areas of the game. A new notes and notebook system, better button positioning for simpler navigation and an updated tutorial and manual. Also, coach reports make taking over a new team easier, and the new calendar system lists all important dates throughout the season. These all help to make Football Manager™ 2008 the easiest Sports Interactive game to use yet.

Confidence - Players can now easily tell what the board and supporters think about their performance in the game through the new confidence section. This gives players feedback not just on their current progress in competitions, but also their financial management and signings.

Transfer Centre - A new way of managing all current transfer and loan bids for a players club, both incoming and outgoing, making it easier to compare bids and reject or accept them.

Match Engine Improvements - A greatly improved match engine, once again utilising the footballing brain of former Republic of Ireland international player Ray Houghton as well as other tools used by real-life managers to make the most accurate simulation of football in a computer game. The ability to change the pitch dimensions at the start of the season to suit players styles of play better has also been added.

Awards re-write - An overhaul of the awards system inside the game which is not only more accurate now, but also includes new awards such as the European golden boot, and a "best eleven", which shows the all-time (in game) best eleven for all teams and nations.

Finances revamp - To reflect the changes in modern day football, Sports Interactive have updated the finance area of Football Manager™ 2008 to better reflect the ever changing football world, with more information available to the manager too, including, but not limited to, corporate match day income, season ticket news, investment funds, improved sponsorships, collective win bonuses, and the ability to move around funds from the wage budget and transfer budget (and vice versa) at any point to help you in your quest for the ideal squad.

Fan days - The board can now arrange fan days to boost ailing attendances, or for matches that are likely to attract a low crowd, with a long term affect to attendances if all goes well.

Expanded media - More media and feedback than ever before, plus more detail in existing media, and a new competition news section to find out what major things are going on in all league competitions

Regenerated player photo's - All in game generated players now have pictures using FaceGen technology to give each player more personality, and the ability for the players to be seen to grow up in front of your eyes as the game is going on.

Faster - Saving and loading is now significantly faster, with network gaming faster and smoother to play, as well as tactical changes and match reports being quicker than ever before.

---

The two bits I love the most is the playe 'ageing' photos, and the best bit: in the past if you were in 'the red' financially and yet you had shedloads of transfer money left, now you can switch funds so say you're short on funds for the club etc. and somehow got loads of money for new players, you can mix and make things financially better!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Solskjaer is getting his copy soon, but who else has bought it?

I strongly recommend you at least try the demo - you will not be disappointed.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:14 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I'd like to thank my mother, my father... and Symesy!! First game and a hat-trick.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Digging this back up again... I'm trying to re-install it again on my laptop (first time since my laptop died...) and I get the Autorun thing come up and then nothing else happens... any ideas?

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Not sure - every time I've installed it, it's been fine.

This has reminded me of something - aren't they about to bring out a "final" version of the game where you can continuously install add-ons for each season? That's be a bargain, instead of buying the game every year!

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Does it come with an instruction manual normally?

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Yes it does. :suspect:

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:04 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Ok... it's a good 7 months since I bought it and I cant remember an instruction booklet... :ponder:

It may have also destroyed my laptop when it died as I was playing it at the time... I've tried it on my Desktop and it doesnt work on there either :smt011 Worth splashing out a tenner for a new copy?

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Of course - always worth searching for Football Manager Live on t'internet and working out for yourself which is worth getting more? ;)

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:15 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Isnt Football Manager Live just online play or am I getting the wrong impression?

Of course I coula always wait until November and but FM09...

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

That's what I had in my head...that FMLive would be the "FM2009" and the rest...I probably read wrong!!! :smt011

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

I have got a fresh copy and it works! It's now 2010 and this is what I've done so far...

Job 1: Shrewsbury (7 months) Started 18th Finished 3rd and still got sacked (They are now in the play off places in the Championships...)
Job 2: Bolton (8ish month) Started 18th Finished 7th in the Championship...
Job 3: Birmingham (12 months) Started 19th (Saved them from relegation on the last day) Finished 13th
Job 4: Nigeria... I'm about to head off to the World cup!

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

I was manager of Nottingham Forest once...the minimum expectations for the first season were:

- win League One
- reach the third round of the League Cup
- reach the fourth round of the FA Cup
- reach the Final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy

I won League One, reached the semi-final of the League Cup (historically beat Chelsea 4-0 at home, but lost 6-1 at the Bridge :evil: ), reached the fifth round of the FA Cup, and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy...

...and was never offered a contract extension! :shock: My contract expired at the end of the season and I left the club! I'm not sure if it was a glitch in the game, but it didn't matter anyway; I re-applied for the job and was re-hired eight days later! :P Good job I was on the Favoured Personel for the club! :lol:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

I have had an idea for before FM09 comes out.. how about a little competition? On FM08 someone chooses a random team (just not one that one of us is a direct supporter of) and we play a season(s) person who finishes highest wins!

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

OK...I'm game.

I'm now manager of Hull City in the Championship! (Those were the days!)

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: At last! FM2008 is out!

Ok I finished my season with Hull... hurry up and finish now...

(After Gameweek 22)

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]