Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:10 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Team to watch

Warnings: 0
Every season I pick one of the three promoted clubs to the Premier League and go with that club to do well in the League.

The last two seasons I have picked belters - I picked Wigan 2005/6 and Reading 2006/7; although I'm a Forest fn I have always followed Wigan's slow rise up the rankings, and I have always been a fan of Stevie Coppell.

This season it will be no surprise to some of you who I'm going with. Derby will do well to enjoy their one season in the League, and Birmingham might stay up, but I realy think Sunderland can go far under Roy Keane.

I predict a mid-table finish for them; possibly even a good cup run in either the League Cup or the FA Cup depending on home ties.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I think Birmingham will do the best of the 3 teams promoted to the Premiership. I think Sunderland will narrowly escape relegation and I think Derby will be relegated.

Ciara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I think Birmingham will stay up - not convinced by Derby or Sunderland.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Ciara wrote:
I think Birmingham will stay up - not convinced by Derby or Sunderland.

After both picking points up today, you still think the same?

Derby played brilliantly today! And that's hard for me to admit, being a Forest fan!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ciara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:31 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
Absolutely. There's a hell of a long way to go.

I just don't see where Sunderland's goals are coming from. Sure, Chopra looked good in the Championship, but he didn't impress in his previous Premiership performances.

With Derby, it's just ignorance on my part - I don't know enough about them.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: Sam    Post subject:

Sunderland will stay up easily and maybe even push for Europe. Derby will stay up reasonably comfortably and Birmingham will stay up by the skins of their teeth. Fullham, Bolton and Wigan for the drop. Chelsea to win the league.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

With the way Derby played at the weekend, I can see why you think they'll stay up. But one game isn't enough, I am looking forward to seeing them play next game to see if it isn't one-off!

Sunderland I know we haven't seen te best yet, and Birmingham only went down in the first place because of injuries - they belong in the Premier League.

ITA about Fulham and Wigan - and from what I saw in Bolton's game against Newcastle, I can't see them doing much good either! Especially with Kevin Davies out for a while with a torn hamstring.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]