Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: The Official 2007/08 Football Season Thread!

Warnings: 0
On Saturday 11th August the 2007/08 the football season starts up and down the country, but before that's the Community Shield between Man Utd and Chelsea at Wembley. The Premiership is no more... it's now called the Barclay's Premier League (not quite as catchy...)

This is going to be the most broadcasted season ever with over 600 games being shown plus premier league games not shown at 3 on a Saturday afternoon, and at least 4 FA cup games every FA Cup weekend.

Also the first English club to be owned by members of a website well become clear soon as www.myfootballclub.co.uk has reached 50,000 members and is now in talks with 4 football league clubs.

Two clubs are moving to different stadiums, the MK Dons are moving from the National Hockey Arena to a new 30,000 seater stadium at Denbigh North, the great Shrewsbury town are moving from Gay Meadow to a 10,000 seater stadium provisionally called New Meadow.

The odds as they look at the moment...
Premier League odds
Man Utd - 24/17
Chelsea - 7/4
Liverpool - 6/1
Wigan - 5000/1
Derby - 7500/1

Championship
Charlton - 7/1
West Brom - 8/1
Wolves - 8/1
*beep* - 125/1
Bansley - 149/1

League One
Notts Forest - 9/2
Leeds - 9/1
Swansea - 11/1
Bournemouth - 99/1
Cheltenham - 149/1

League Two
Peterborough - 4/1
MK Dons - 9/1
Bradford - 14/1
Accrington - 99/1
Barnet - 99/1
(Bah... Shrewsbury only 20/1)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

So can't wait for the new season!

As well as a new name for the league, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the font of the names and squad numbers on the back of the football shirts has changed for the Premier League.

Although Sunderland have had devastating seasons in the Premiership recently, it is very good sportsmanship of the bookies to not make them favourites for relegation because Roy Keane has brought in some amazing players (Richardson and Chopra), and he might be about to bring in Scotland number one goalie Craig Gordon for £9million!!!

More transfer news:

West Ham are just about to finalise a deal for Kieron Dyer.

Wigan have received an improved offer from Everton for wonderkid Leighton Baines.

Andrew Cole is seriously thinking about asking to leave Portsmouth - and should he do so, my supported team Nottingham Forest will be favourites to sign him!

Chelsea will sign Daniel Alves next week according to Alves' agent.

Any other transfer headlines, please post them all on here.

Also, if you hear any barmy transfer rumours, also post them on here for us all to have a laugh!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well poor Leeds - they get to play in League One this season...but with a 15-point deficit!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ciara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:32 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I will be gutted if Chelsea got Alves. But I doubt they will... Alves said he wanted to sign for a 'European Giant'! Boom-boom!

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:35 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

If he joined The Kop, WHAT a team they'd have!

Will

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:02 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

Anyone care to make a prediction for the traditional season curtain-opener tomorrow? Of course I'm talking about the Community Shield.

I reckon it'll be a tight game but Chelsea might just nick it, like last season's FA Cup final.

I'm going for Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0.. Pushed for a scorer I'd go with Lampard.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Lampard is out with a broken toe, so fat chance of that happening.

I think it will be 1-1 after 90 minutes so it will go to penalties, and Chelsea may nab it!

Will

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:43 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

[quote="Big-Davey"]Lampard is out with a broken toe, so fat chance of that happening.

//quote]

Haha! Shows how much I know. I'll go with Drogba then! :oops:

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:49 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

TOM22 wrote:
Leeds - 9/1

After what happened yesterday, I don't think many people will be putting a bet on Leeds!

As for the game tomorrow, I'm going to go for a United win on penalties.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Leeds can't be faves with a 15-point deficit lol!

FOREST to win!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:27 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

22identicalboxes wrote:
TOM22 wrote:
Leeds - 9/1

After what happened yesterday, I don't think many people will be putting a bet on Leeds!

Hah, yeah forgot about that, their odds have dropped to 25/1 now, dropping 11 places....

I'll go for Man U. tomorrow, 2-1.

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

2-0 Man Utd.

Goalscorers...
Rooney,
Giggs.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Giggs will probably be a sub if Nani and Anderson both play.

He is an amazing player, gave up international football to keep at it a little bit longer, but I don't think he's gonna keep his first-team place so easily now.

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

[quote="Big-Davey"]Giggs will probably be a sub if Nani and Anderson both play.

I don't think any of the new signings are playing tommorow so Giggs will probably be playing alongside Rooney as a striker.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Or they might field some youngsters, but yeah probably Rooney upfront on his own and Ronaldo and Giggs supporting him, with Carrick, Scholes and Fletcher in midfield, then Heinze to shut him up, Ferdinand, O'Shea and Brown, with van der Sar in goal.

What you think?

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

I think the team will look like this:

Van Der Sar

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Fletcher Carrick Eagles

Ronaldo Rooney Giggs

Seeing as Scholes is injured he'll probably play the in form Chris Eagles.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Feel sorry for Foster - the moment he returned to United he tore his cruciate ligaments! But this is supposed to be Eddie's last season coz he said he was going to retire after Euro 2008 - so Kuzsczak may get his chance!

What you think of Chelsea's team?

My prediction (left to right):

Cech

A.Cole Ben Haim Terry Ferreira

J.Cole Makelele Essien Robben

Drogba Pizarro

Subs: Cudicini Bridge Sidwell Ballack (maybe risked) Kalou

Ciara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:33 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
United to dominate the game but Chelsea to steal it.

1-2 Chelsea

Joker Cole and Drogba with the goals, Rooney for United.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

LATEST TEAM NEWS:

Chelsea: Ballack and Kalou won't be risked; Lampard passed fit and should feature; Malouda will start.

Man Utd: Solskjaer and Scholes both out; Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves unlikely to feature; Neville may make the bench.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:35 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Well Chelsea have made a HUGE mistake... (from the BBC Sport website)

1508: Chelsea have made a tactical error here. They're wearing suits on the bench and it is all too much for John Terry, who ducks down the tunnel to take his jacket off and reveals a sweat-soaked shirt. Manchester United have played a blinder on the bench. Sir Alex Ferguson's in T-shirt and shorts.

Not looking good... :P

[ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]