Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
24 boxes. Three boards of eight - green, grey, and gold. You can't win from them all, but don't be sad... 'cause two out of three ain't bad!

Here's the randomised draw for those boards in this one:

£5
£10
£5,000
£15,000
£25,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000

10p
50p
£50
£250
£1,000
£3,000
£20,000
£250,000

1p
£1
£100
£500
£750
£10,000
£100,000
£150,000

What a fascinating draw that is, with green being super stable and the other two being massive risk/reward configurations!

You don't have your own box, you just keep picking one at a time and there are 5- and 2-box offers on each board as you get to them. If you're left with one box remaining on a board in live play, that's the one you win. Once you've locked in wins on two boards - via a Deal or otherwise - the game ends.

Ready? Here we go. Three boxes to start, which is the minimum before a call.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

2, 4, 6.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Box 2 - 50p! Nice start.

Box 4 - 10p!! Wow. Two tiddlers gone, and from that board...

Box 6 - £250,000!! ...oh.

Offer time!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

£50
£250
£1,000
£3,000
£20,000

What a stunning anticlimax! The Banker wants you to deal on this board...

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,500

A near-AMO to ensure you can't win on both green and gold! Deal or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:42 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

No Deal.

1, 3, 5.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Box 1 - £500! Juicy start on that board!

Box 3 - £50! Imagine if that was your third box on grey... 1/4 chance of £20k on that if that's a board you're winning on, at least, plus a £250 floor now!

Box 5 - 1p! Tremendous start on gold, you will definitely have six figures to play for there at the first call... one away from one there, two away on grey, and three away on green which is still untouched! Maximum four boxes to get to a call now.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:47 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

10, 12, 14, 16.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Up the evens as far as we have to...

Box 10 - £50,000! First green, and a bad one, but there's still four five-figure amounts there...

Box 12 - £5,000 isn't one of them! If we can find the fiver or tenner, whew!

Box 14 - £100,000! Again a sting in the tail before a 5-box offer, but there's still that board's top prize left!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

£1
£100
£750
£10,000
£150,000

The Banker says this is a tricky situation, because you might have preferred to have had an offer on green and taken it to then chase the £150k on gold. He wants you to remember that your worst board is the one with the fewest boxes left and therefore the one you're most likely to win on...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,851

It's the sum of the backups on that board. Deal that, you've locked in that... turn it down, and who even knows... Deal or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

No Deal.

11, 13, 15.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

On we go! Still in live play on all three boards, and a fascinating configuration between the weaker grey, stronger green, and that risk/reward gold...

Box 11 - £10! My goodness, green really is strong! We've got an offer on it...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

£5
£15,000
£25,000
£35,000
£75,000

The big risk from this board is that if you play on... you might not get to win anything from it. :blueponder

He says this would normally be an offer in the 20s, no question. He just isn't sure he can truly offer that much with such a chance you might not get to win on green at all. But he also isn't sure he can afford not to.

The biggest thing he fears is you winning £150k on gold after chasing that with a green deal. So here's his offer:

BANKER'S OFFER

£32,000 + CANNOT WIN ON GOLD

Take that, you win £32,000 plus whatever the grey board offers you...

...Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

This would be a pretty easy Deal for me.

You'd be banking on the £150k staying AND the other 2 boards not being played out if you go on.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:15 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

No Deal.

13, 15, 16, 17, 18.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

THE CHASE IS ON!

Massive run of boxes here.

Box 13 - £25,000 may be the least telling box we could possibly have found there! One closer on green of course.

Box 15 - £15,000 puts us two closer on green, and there will be at least £35k to play for at 2-box there now! But a 2/3 chance of all-or-peanuts as well... dramatic, and that's just one-third of this game!

Box 16 - £20,000! The crucial thing now is we need to avoid all greys. Find one, and you're more likely to win the other. We want the fiver or one of the four safe golds...

Box 17 -
£75,000!

The good news is that the first 2-box offer is on green. The bad news is that £35,000 is paired with just £5

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

The Banker can just see the overall £255 win here!

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,255

He's drilling that possibility into your head in the hope you take action to avoid it. Deal or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:28 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Deal.

18, 19, 20, 21.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

£8,255 is locked in!

And now, we want to see three non-£150k golds. If that happens, what a situation the Banker will suddenly be in.

Box 18 - £35,000! Well that's a way to validate that decision, only the fiver would have been left on green so you'd have completed the crash on the most stable of boards! The Deal is validated instantly, but the previous No Deal is going to be much harder to validate...

Box 19 - £750! Step one!

Box 20 - £1! Step two! The tension is incredible...

Box 21 -
£10,000!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! It's £100 or [color=#cd7e00]£150,000 IN LIVE PLAY!!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

On one hand, you not only need to find the £100 before the £150,000 to win the £150,000, you also need to not find two greys first. So you have less than a 50% chance.

But you also have £8,255 to fall back on if you miss that chance.

He thinks those two roughly offset.

BANKER'S OFFER

£38,245

That would give you total winnings of exactly £46,500... Is that enough to stop the chase? It's up to you... Deal... or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:39 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Jumble plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Deal.

(hypo 22, 23, 24, 7, 8, 9)

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]