Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:02 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The rules are simple and yet create a complicated game. There are 24 boxes - the standard UK 22 plus £25k and £150k. They're pre-randomised into green, grey, and gold. You open boxes one at a time, and once you get to five or two left on one colour board, you get an offer. If you turn them both down, once you reveal the penultimate box on that board, you win the last one standing. But you can only win on two of the three boards.

I legitimately can't wait to see how you play this. Let's rotate the board!

50p
£10
£50
£500
£25,000
£50,000
£100,000
£150,000

1p
£1
£100
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£75,000

1p
£5
£250
£750
£1,000
£20,000
£35,000
£250,000

As this game goes, not bad for balance! Now, pick three boxes to get us going.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

I'll just post my entire system at once and you can post all the boxes in each round at once:

1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 2 and 4 in that order, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

That works! :)

Here goes.

1 - £100,000! Not a good start, but not even the top of that board...
3 - £35,000! The £250,000 is now even more exposed on gold.
5 - £10 - a big improvement! One more on green and a tempter is coming.
7 - £20,000! There is now only one value above £1,000 on gold. On the flipside, it's the quarter-million...
11 - £25,000! That's three greens, it's offer time:

50p
£50
£500
£50,000
£150,000

Some real damage done on green, but the board was capable of taking some... this would instantly give you a much bigger win than Archie.

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,102

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

If you scaled the stakes down by 10 that would be an EASY No Deal, but as is a 30% chance of disaster is too much to risk with an offer of near enough half the average, and I still have a shot at mega-money feom the other boards if I take this, so DEAL. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

That's £18,102 locked in! Does that give you the free rein to chase the quarter-million?

13 - £5,000, that's one of that backup block on grey.
15 - £15,000, as is that!
17 - £10,000, as is that!!

That's left you with a £75k one-box game for that board:

10p
£1
£100
£3,000
£75,000

He has to stop you chasing the quarter-million here.

BANKER'S OFFER

£11,898

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

I'd instantly take that if that was the only board I was facing, but as is I have little to lose and mega-money to gain so NO DEAL. :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

21 - £250,000! And that was what you were chasing, gone.

1p
£5
£250
£750
£1,000

To effectively take you out of grey...

BANKER'S OFFER

£2,898

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:05 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

A good offer for the circumstances, but again I have little to lose in chasing the mega-money, so NO DEAL. :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

22 - £1,000. Well, that's not as harmful as you'd naively think, I guess. Problem is it takes you a step closer to winning on that board...
20 - £150,000! That was the target of the chase, and now we're chasing a third of that...
18 - £1! Remember that grey board? The one you dealt on? Me neither...
16 - £500! One away from a shot at £50k or a real tempter of an offer!
14 - £250! STOP THAT GOLD RUN! IT'S NOT BLOCKBUSTERS!
12 - 10p! Maybe grey was the place to chase the big money after all...
10 - £75,000! Oh no it wasn't!

£100
£3,000

Banker wouldn't have known how to handle this because of the differences in what boards you might have been playing for, so -

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

SWAP

8 - £50! You did it!

50p
£50,000

Now, remember that to win the £50k, you'd need to find the 50p before finding two of the three golds. So it's less than a 50% chance, but it's one that you've got free rein to chase because you can't lose what you've already dealt. He'll figure that cancels out and make a standard offer for this finish...

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,898

That'd send you out of here £31k richer all in all...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

I feel they cancel each other out too, and since I'm super-aggressive on blue/£50k finishes as that's a HUGE "inflection point" for me in KP lingo, I shall NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Firmly locked in on that £50k! Let's see...

6 - £750! So now you're essentially down to a one-in-four chance at £50,000 - you have to find 50p before any of the £50k and either of these remaining tiddlers:

1p
£5

Obviously, this offer is not about those two at all. It's about the £50k. For a 25% shot...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,001

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Worst case scenario is leaving the game with £18,000+, so NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

It's down to this...

...box 2...

...£100! False alarm!

It's down to THIS...

...box 4...

...£5.

That leaves you with 1p from gold, and that's what you win... on top of the £18,101 you dealt earlier! Final winnings of £18,101.01!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

(Other boxes - 9 had the £50,000. 19 had the 1p, 23 had £3,000, and 24 had the all-important 50p.)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:15 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ACB/Ben plays "2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad"

Thanks for hosting, KP. :smt023

Would you like to play a game of my Deal or No Deal series now?

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]