Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:17 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Warnings: 0
This is it. Will you be playing for big money on the time ladder?

NOTHING
HALF
ADD HALF
+£500
DOUBLE

You now have £1.50 to take to the time ladder. :(

The Banker rings and says that he doesn't have time to worry about stopping someone from winning £900, so he's letting you choose a box from 1 to 16 and you'll win the amount of payments inside that box.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Skyline wrote:
I buy the box and I choose 3.

I think it's just me sucking, to be honest, Doc... :x :evil: :P Perhaps some day the wind will change ;D

No, it has nothing to do with you.

Evil is the operative word here, bud.

This was a game rigged for failure so that the host could laugh at you.

You know, this forum can be a sick, twisted place sometimes.

I forbid others from being subject to this kind of abuse.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
This is it. Will you be playing for big money on the time ladder?

NOTHING
HALF
ADD HALF
+£500
DOUBLE

You now have £1.50 to take to the time ladder. :(

The Banker rings and says that he doesn't have time to worry about stopping someone from winning £900, so he's letting you choose a box from 1 to 16 and you'll win the amount of payments inside that box.

Box 9!

I shall have to see proof via an excel spreadsheet screencap as soon as you see this message, before jumping to conclusions! :)

And winning £1.50 out of a forum thread has hardly affected my life! :P

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:24 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Should've been more. You wuz robbed.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Should've been more. You wuz robbed.

Skyline could've easily had £115.50 more had he read the board properly and dealt at 5 box. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

Well, let's give Jacques his proof, just to make absolutely sure. ;) :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

I have a spreadsheet set aside for my next game, available for public consultation post-game :smt023.

You don't have to be smartest person in the room, but you do have to be the most truthful.

Your move, Benjy.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Moving along ( :roll: ), Skyline has selected Box 9. It contains
6 months :(

The Banker phons back and says that he's not wasting his time and paper writing five £1.50 cheques, so he's giving you a lump sum of £9. :-)

Thanks for playing, Skyline. :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:48 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

And so ends the most unfair game in forum history. Sorry you had to endure that, Skyline.

I know our host enjoyed that more than you did. He's that sort of person.

Until next time, help control the fraudster population. Provide proof that your games are not rigged when prompted to.

Stay tuned for a special 1958 episode of Twenty-One next, over the most of these NBC stations.

Good night, everyone, and thanks for watching :smt023.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

I'm failing to see why ANYONE would want to rig an forum game, in fact, the only forum game I am aware that was ever rigged was one I played that Skyline hosted..

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:25 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

I could think of a few.

1. Personal enjoyment.
2. Revenge.
3. A vendetta.
4. The desire to take advantage of someone.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:49 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

It's just a forum deal or no deal game... don't worry too much about it Dr.! :)

Archstered... I hope you're still not peeved about that, haha :lol:

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:50 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

Skyline wrote:
It's just a forum deal or no deal game... don't worry too much about it Dr.! :)

Archstered... I hope you're still not peeved about that, haha :lol:

Not at all ;) Dr. H just reminded me of it

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

The good doctor is always looking out for his patients here on the ward :smt023.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

Well...I accidentally almost rigged a forum game in the summer of 2006 - I say 'accidentally' because I wasn't yet aware of how this business was meant to work, and how to randomise stuff, and I basically just wanted to wreak havoc and mayhem anyway. The game got to about 15-box or something like that before my contestant (maybe Qwerty, I think) cottoned on to the suspicious patterns and abandoned ship...this was accidental, however. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

As my mom says, all of this was accidentally on purpose ;).

Skyline, we'll start the Le Banquier Hanukkah Special soon. I've got my spreadsheet ready, so there will be no funny business :smt023.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

Ah, memory failed me! My contestant was the eminent albolton...feast your eyes on this monstrosity:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2959&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

:smt009 :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:18 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
Ah, memory failed me! My contestant was the eminent albolton...feast your eyes on this monstrosity:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2959&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

:smt009 :-D

That thread was an utter disaster. I winced while reading... :?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life

And for the BILLIONTH time, Dr. Hindsight, if I wanted to rig the game so that Skyline would win next to nothing I certainly wouldn't have offered 77% of the average on a 2 box game at 5 box. :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:33 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays Deal or No Deal For the Rest of Your Life
Forum Games Moderator

It...yeah. It wasn't fantastic... :| :smt047

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]