Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:06 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 8:06 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: In a few days...

Warnings: 0
At a friend's BBQ, I will hopefully launch a DoND type game which is a hybrid of the UK and USA versions.

26 contestants with prizes ranging from 1 cent to 250 dollars, including at least 2 non-monetary (somewhat joke prizes) prizes in there.

The Blue amounts range from 1 cent to $7.50. Red amounts are $10 to $250.

And hopefully someone going to the BBQ will have a camcorder to record it all, since there will be at least 40-50 people at the BBQ.

It will be a fun game and hopefully something to fill in during the summer break.

Nicholas

Ian W

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:43 am    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Looking forward to hearing about it

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:41 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Game now played...

OK, so the set up was a little choppy, and sadly no video camera! :(

The format was a hybrid of the USA and UK version, with other contestants (26 instead of 22) opening the boxes as they are called upon.

The "boxes" have red tab-like tape just like the UK show.

Game contains 26 envelopes (I called them "boxes") ranging from 1 US cent to 250 US Dollars, in these amounts (even tho I replaced six of the money amounts with prizes, the approximate value is given here)

Values:
US$0.01
US$0.05
US$0.10
US$0.25
US$0.50
US$0.75*
US$1
US$1.50*
US$2
US$3
US$5
US$6*
US$7.50

US$10
US$12*
US$15
US$20
US$25
US$30*
US$35
US$40
US$50
US$60*
US$75
US$100
US$250

Contestant begins by selecting 6 boxes in Round 1, 5 boxes in Round 2, 4 boxes in Round 3, 3 boxes each subsequent round (4, 5, 6) until 2 boxes remain.

If the 6th offer is no dealed, the banker has the option to offer a swap.

Just about the rest of the rules are UK-based.

I'll post the rest of the summary very soon, with my comments on them.

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:49 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Game Summary

Contestant selected to the hot seat has box number 21.

(Comment: I was thinking whether or not to replace the $7.50 prize with a substitute prize until the game started. It was decided not to replace the $7.50 prize.)

Round 1
Box 6 - $0.05
Box 13 - $12
Box 22 - $25
Box 17 - $40
Box 11 - $10
Box 23 - $1

Comments about this round: Four red amounts revealed, even though none of them were from the "Power Five" (the 5 biggest prize amounts), but losing the $40 hurt a bit.

Banker's Offer: $5. Quick No Deal.

Round 2
Box 7 - $7.50
Box 9 - $50
Box 25 - $3
Box 3 - $15
Box 5 - $20

Comments about this round: Three more red amounts revealed, with over half of the red amounts gone from the board, and the loss of the $50 didn't help. I had apparently lost count and a sixth box was almost opened and revealed until I was reminded that five boxes had been opened already. :oops:

Banker's Offer: $10. No Deal.

Round 3
Box 8 - $6
Box 16 - $0.75
Box 12 - $250 :smt009
Box 1 - $75

Comments about this round: Incidentally, Box 8 was called for before the 2nd deal came in, so he decided to stick with Box 8 as his first box for that round. Good beginning which totally fell apart by revealing both the big one and the $75, leaving only four red amounts left, even tho they do include the $60 and the $100.

Banker's Offer: $9. No Deal.

Round 4
Box 10 - $35
Box 18 - $0.50
Box 14 - $5

Comments about this round: One more red revealed, leaving three reds left, but does include 2 of the Power Five.

Banker's Offer: $18. No Deal.

Round 5
Box 4 - $0.10
Box 19 - $0.01
Box 24 - $1.50

Comments about this round: An all blue round indeed. The last three red amounts are still alive, including the 10 months of FoG and the $100.

Banker's Offer: $28. Quickly no dealed.

Round 6
Box 20 - $0.25
Box 15 - $100 :smt009
Box 26 - $30

Comments about this round: Losing two reds, including the $100 makes the final two now to be $2 vs $60. This round was not a good round at all, despite leaving one of the Power Five in play.

Banker's Offer: $30. No Deal.

Banker offers a swap. (I had to remind the Banker that he has the option to offer a swap after the contestant No Deals the sixth and final offer.) Contestant declines swap offer.

Does his box have the $60 or just $2?

Box 21 - $2 :(

Box 2 revealed to show the $60.

Strong board coming into the final five boxes, only to have bad luck in the final round as well as the paltry $2 prize.

A great game came out of it. Sadly, no one had a camcorder/video camera running at the time, but then it was starting to rain a little too.

Well, that concludes the report. Feel free to add your own comments.

Nicholas

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]