Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:40 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Warnings: 0
Hey guys, here's an update just in time for Christmas! Version 1.2 is here :D

NEW
    + The Offer Button is now an in-game feature. Guess the Banker's first offer, and if your guess is within 10% either side of the offer, you activate the Offer Button. You can press this at any time (and just once) to force the Banker to make you an offer there and then.
    + Did you enjoy Archie's DoND that recently took off in the Games section? You can now choose to play the very same, with exactly the same rules. See the Stats Board to see what the current Box 23 Jackpot is.
    + KP's Bonus Box 23 is now a Box 23 option. As well as the five standard options, a sixth "BONUS" option is possible. If you win less than £10k, then BONUS is worth +£5,000. If you win more than £10k, BONUS will increase your winnings by 50%.

FIXES
    * The "Highest Offer" and "Previous Offer" boxes wouldn't show the correct offers for 4- and 3-box offers if you had them.
    * The caption in the main window now changes when you change Box 23 in the Preferences window, or if you change to Archie's DoND mode.
    * Some properties in the Preferences window weren't linked properly.

If you HAVE downloaded the game before, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder as before. When it asks you if you want to replace the existing DoND2014.exe file, click "Yes". Before running the game, you MUST run the donddata.exe file! You only need to do this the once, to convert the data in the txt file into a new XML file. This allows for easier updates in the future.

If you HAVE NOT downloaded the game before, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder. Do contact me if you have any issues!

Enjoy the new features! As always, let me know if you come across any bugs or anything, or let me know about odd and unrealistic offers. :smt023

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:24 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Aaron there is something wrong I try to download the game but there is an error with Dropbox. It says 403 error.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:20 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Apologies people, I had linked the incorrect download links. I've edited the links in the post above so they should now work. Happy playing! :D

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:35 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I wish there was an option where we could make our own boards and play with that and it's own rules lol.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Davao wrote:
I wish there was an option where we could make our own boards and play with that and it's own rules lol.

I may make one of these in the future. There used to be three that existed before (one for 22-box games, 24-box games and 26-box games), so I might take the role of recreating them in the New Year!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Aaron, I wonder if you do one of these for Le Banquier. It would help me a great deal for my forum series :smt023.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:42 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Aaron, I wonder if you do one of these for Le Banquier. It would help me a great deal for my forum series :smt023.

I could sure come up with something! The main thing would be getting the offers right for it though, but I'm sure I could have a play about! I'm already in the process of making a new game based upon the £1 million 9-shift DoND I've been doing in Expanded/Special, so I could just release a big pack of games and such. If I end up coming up with something for Le Banquier, I shall send you a PM! If possible, if you can find the new music they use (i.e. in the case opening rounds) then that would also be a great help! :)

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:46 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Aaron Brock wrote:
Dr. Hindsight wrote:

I could sure come up with something! The main thing would be getting the offers right for it though, but I'm sure I could have a play about! I'm already in the process of making a new game based upon the £1 million 9-shift DoND I've been doing in Expanded/Special, so I could just release a big pack of games and such. If I end up coming up with something for Le Banquier, I shall send you a PM! If possible, if you can find the new music they use (i.e. in the case opening rounds) then that would also be a great help! :)

Watch some Le Banquier on Youtube and see how the offers work.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Aaron, on Le Banquier, the offers tend to be very generous, and are often very close to, exactly on, or slightly above the mean. No other version makes offers like that, as far as I know.

The show also features three prize cases, Capital One ($10,000 bonus), Maxi (A holiday), and Surprise (Variable; usually based on the contestants' hobbies, interests or dreams). The latter two have lower amounts behind them; Capital One replaces the $10,000 space on the board.

In addition, if you've seen the U.S. version, Le Banquier uses the same music. In fact, the entire show is based on the U.S. version, as both once aired at the same time.

For some reason, there is very little Le Banquier content on YouTube. Basically, the only way to watch the show is when it airs on TVA.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:20 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Aaron, on Le Banquier, the offers tend to be very generous, and are often very close to, exactly on, or slightly above the mean. No other version makes offers like that, as far as I know.

That could make those offers incredibly easily to code, then :smt023

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
The show also features three prize cases, Capital One ($10,000 bonus), Maxi (A holiday), and Surprise (Variable; usually based on the contestants' hobbies, interests or dreams). The latter two have lower amounts behind them; Capital One replaces the $10,000 space on the board.

I can certainly include the Capital One bonus, but the others may be a bit fiddly, but for the purpose of forum games you could just come up with those I guess and tailor the prizes to the contestant! One question though, if you've dealt before you find Capital One, do you still get the $10k bonus if you subsequently find it or not?

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
In addition, if you've seen the U.S. version, Le Banquier uses the same music. In fact, the entire show is based on the U.S. version, as both once aired at the same time.

In the case, I have a bit of the US music so I should be able to throw some of the sounds in to keep it interesting :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:29 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

In that case, we may have to leave Surprise and Maxi out.

Capital One gives the contestant a guaranteed $10,000 bonus, regardless of the game's outcome. If the contestant deals before finding it, they don't get the bonus.

A little-known rule about the Capital One bonus is that if a contestant goes all the way and has it in their case, they win double its value ($20,000). This has yet to occur on the TV version, though.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:32 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
In that case, we may have to leave Surprise and Maxi out.

Capital One gives the contestant a guaranteed $10,000 bonus, regardless of the game's outcome. If the contestant deals before finding it, they don't get the bonus.

A little-known rule about the Capital One bonus is that if a contestant goes all the way and has it in their case, they win double its value ($20,000). This has yet to occur on the TV version, though.

Ah okay interesting! Is there anything else I need to know? I almost have a basic version set up now to test!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:33 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Also, if a player leaves the Capital One bonus to the very end but doesn't have it in their case, they won't win it even if they No Dealt all the way to the end.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:39 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I've set up a new thread for Le Banquier now!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Can't believe it's been over 10 months since I last released this! :shock: Version 1.3 is FINALLY here! Thanks to Archie for reminding me I had been working on this :D

NEW
    + Enjoy the shiny new backgrounds (courtesy of DoNDFan - thank you!). The boxes are also randomised on-screen too just to mix things up.
    + The tension music now plays when you decide Deal or No Deal at each offer, and is more tense for larger offers and vice-versa.
    + Opening offers now have some forced variability so they are less predictable. This makes for more interesting button games!
    + You can now save a log of your game to a text file (currently does not save what your decision/outcome for Box 23 was).

FIXES
    * Ridiculous AMOs are now out of the game (although some AMOs are still possible, by design...)
    * The usual 'window' around the Stats Board has now been removed to improve its appearance. Just click the neon DoND sign to close the window.

UPCOMING IDEAS
    > More experimentation with offers (more punishing early offers for bad rounds, better 8-box offers).
    > Incorporating Box 23 into the same window as the main game.
    > Different boards? (Xmas '06, 2nd Anniversary perhaps?)

If you HAVE downloaded the game before, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder as before. When it asks you if you want to replace the existing DoND2014.exe file, click "Yes". Also click "Yes" when it asks you to replace 23.wav as this sound has been updated.

If you HAVE NOT downloaded the game before version 1.2, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder. Do contact me if you have any issues!

Enjoy the new features! As always, let me know if you come across any bugs or anything, or let me know about odd and unrealistic offers. Suggestions are always welcome! :smt023

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I've been playing around with this game recently whilst wasting time on my journey to New Zealand, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestions for things to include for a future update? I'll carry on working on this in a week or two :)

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:48 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

One suggestion for me would be to give players the option whether they want to play with or without Box 23 or the Offer Button, in case they want just the classic Deal or No Deal experience, or if they want to play with Box 23 before the OB was introduced.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I've been intending to do this from the beginning but never got round to it, so I'll get that done for the next update :)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Are any of your DonD applications still being worked on?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:42 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
Are any of your DonD applications still being worked on?

I'm looking to continue production on this soon, looking to get version 2.0 out ideally before Christmas if possible!

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]