Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

£5,200 - Deal or No Deal?
Deal 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
No Deal 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Dan123's What Would You Do? Makes Another Surprise Return!
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
YES, thankyou, thankyou folks, we're back yet again!

This time with a rather interesting 8-box - yes, 8-box, bucking our 5-box trend - scenario for you to mull over.

Here it is:
screenshot program

Yes, precariously balanced indeed.
But what's the offer? I hear you cry!

Well, Dilan04 offered me £1,200, which I didn't think would be nearly enough for Beryl (2006), let alone Average Forum Member. So I've decided, for the first time ever, to use a new, in-house Banker. Myself. :twisted:

Enough of the shenanigans; the Banker's offer to you at this point, IS -

£5,200

I know, I know! :o :smt023

So, What Would You Do - Deal....or No Deal?
As usual, you have from now until the end of eternity to vote. Hurry!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Dan123's What Would You Do? Makes Another Surprise Return!

I'd deal that, to be honest. I'm never one for one-box games because I'd much rather leave with an amount that I can do stuff with rather than gamble for "life-changing" money and end up with non-life-changing money. I put quotes around "life-changing" because in actuality £5,200 ( = US$7,741.40 ) is life-changing enough for me; that's 3.5 months of pay to me (especially if it's tax-free) and I would be able to buy the things I've put off buying. I'm also not much of a big spender, so I could probably buy all the things I've put off buying. :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:54 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Dan123's What Would You Do? Makes Another Surprise Return!
Forum Games Moderator

More than half the mean, nearly twice the FD and STILL one person bravely fights on! :shock:

As it happened, I then had an all-blue round, and was offered £8,700. Turning this down (come on, it's only Dilan04 :lol: ) I hit £75k, £1k and a blue and was left with mid blue/£5k. I dealt £2,300, playing now as if in real life, and had the £5k in my box.

Also note my box selection - I left to the end the 7 numbers which, out of 22, I hate the most. To that end, I had 3 and 13 as my final two boxes to choose from as 3 and 13 are the two numbers I absolutely avoid at any and all costs (ie, when I'm numbering a list, I miss 3 and 13 out. That's the extent of it).

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Dan123's What Would You Do? Makes Another Surprise Return!

I would probably ask for a guarantee subject to the £75k staying, and if the Banker guaranteed more than £10,000, I would NO DEAL, otherwise I would DEAL. SO based on what daniel123 said about the following round, I would definitely DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Dan123's What Would You Do? Makes Another Surprise Return!
Forum Games Moderator

Remembering of course that £5,200 was my own offer; £8,700 wasn't. I'd have likely offered slightly more, as I considered £8,700 to be a bit low. I'd have gone in the region of £10,000; anywhere between £9,000 and £11,000, certainly. :smt023

[ 5 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]