Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 16 posts ] 

jasonlarsen2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:07 pm    Author: jasonlarsen2    Post subject: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

Warnings: 0
I love food and animals. They are just interests I've had all my life.

I have bangers in my fridge, but no mashed potatoes. I have seriously been considering getting a cat or a dog in the future because I especially love domestic animals.

I'd love to connect with any of you if you have any of these common interests!

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

I love to cook.

I'm known as the 'Crazy Cat Man' at uni. :P

...any reason for the connection? Are you a secret cat devourer? :shock: :P
I'd better keep my cats away from you for now... Just to be safe... :suspect: :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

At the moment, i actually really like pythons. In fact, I've grown to be a snake lover in recent months, and i can't beleive so many people demonize them. Everyone thinks that snakes are evil creatures, partly because of the cut and dry way that children are taught about them

"Snakes are slimy, venomous, and EVIL" :smt011 :smt019 :x :roll:

FGS, A snake won't do anything to you if you don't disturb it or step on it, and remember, NOT ALL SNAKES ARE POISONOUS!

I think snakes, especially larger ones like pythons, are gorgeous animals but so misunderstood by many people :smt009

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

I've always liked snakes.

I like almost every animal. But I will always hate flies! Stay outside and eat carrion! Don't come into my house!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
At the moment, i actually really like pythons.

:shock: Same! I like John Cleese in particular, but that's just me... :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

Sorry, I thought this was a different thread... :oops: :lol:

To keep on topic, I like food from India and Italy primarily, as well as from England. I'm as content sat before a takeaway as I am waiting for a slice of toast to pop up, or frying a few rashers of bacon. I'm not generally a vegetable kind of person, although I like broccoli, and I'm alright with fruit but not a huge fan. I love gammon, tea, chocolate, pasta, bread...and probably quite a few other things at that. I see you're in the US; I've been to Florida twice, and each time I was highly impressed by the food I ate at places like Golden Corral and Denny's. I'd quite like to do something like Adam Richman does, hopping from place to place trying my hand at their food (not sure about the 'all you can eat' challenges though...).

I'm a cat owner; we used to have two cats, Pingu and Jingle, Pingu being predominantly white with black spots and Jingle being mostly black with some white (Pingu is here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dank147/3224332069/ and Jingle here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dank147/10279023305/ ). Pingu was 5 when he died in June last year; in 2010 we had a dog called Jasper (here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/27228572@N ... ist-edUyFK ), but we had to give him away after around 8 months. The cats, over the years, and Jasper, have been great company; the cats were comforting when I had nobody else to look to, and the dog taught me love, easing the rollercoaster of my mind.

So...yes, I'm a food and animal lover myself, I suppose. :P :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

In terms of food, my favourite meal would have to be pasta. I cook it up for myself and dad, and we have it twice a week, and when i visit my mum, she cooks up some chicken carbonara :)

My belly's rumbling now :oops:

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:37 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

I once combined my love of food and animals to create a tasty snack of two 'dipping' crackers and a garden spider. It wasn't half bad.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

Skyline wrote:
I like almost every animal

Especially rabbits, due to a certain female member of the species that says:

"Don't ever call me *blows ears back* doll!" ;-)

:-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:05 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Skyline wrote:
I like almost every animal

Especially rabbits, due to a certain female member of the species that says:

"Don't ever call me *blows ears back* doll!" ;-)

:-D

Ooft! Round 2... :smt068 :robinhood :xmas:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

I know she's Skyline's favourite anyway! ;) :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:15 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

I'm a Brony now! It's ponies that get me going right now! :twisted:

Uh oh... I've said too much :smt105 :smt105 :smt105 :smt105 :Jimmy_is_great sdgthju

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

Findus Lasagne. Yum. Leaves me a little Horse though.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?
Forum Games Moderator

That's nice of it! I wish my food would leave me gifts. :smt023

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:13 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

jasonlarsen2 wrote:
I love food and animals. They are just interests I've had all my life.

I have bangers in my fridge, but no mashed potatoes. I have seriously been considering getting a cat or a dog in the future because I especially love domestic animals.

I'd love to connect with any of you if you have any of these common interests!

Jason! Goodness me, would not have expected you to post here.

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

Phongpon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:07 pm    Author: Phongpon    Post subject: Re: Any food or animal lovers in this group?

Well i do like to eat a lot, but the dogs keep barking at me...

[ 16 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]