Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

Warnings: 0
I know there is already a thread dedicated to people's interests but some of us have interests/obsessions that may seem a little weird or different compared to other people'. So i thought i'd start up a thread dedicated to people with unusual interests

Mine are:

- Street signs
- Ceiling fans
- Imagining villains being heroes (cartoon ones that is. And i've found out ways of making it happen in stories too :D )
- Reading maps and street directories

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

I used to like typewriters and collecting tax discs and coins as a child.

Nowadays....I don't know. Probably one or two things I'm not comfortable sharing with the world yet, and other than that....well, I update the Wikipedia articles of lower-league footballers I suppose, if that counts. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Global Moderator

I used to collect empty tic-tac boxes in mid secondary school! I'm sure I still have a tin of them in my room somewhere.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

I used to be interested in pylons.

How strange is that!!!

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

I am obsessed with Train Times!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
- Imagining villains being heroes (cartoon ones that is. And i've found out ways of making it happen in stories too :D )

By the way, i've been finding ways of making this happen by having mild-mannered people cosplaying up as the villains and then gaining their powers and i've also done it using these characters i've made on my DA profile :-D :-D :-D :-D http://jimma1300.deviantart.com/art/Mon ... a_recent=1

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

Baseball.

Well it is strange in England! :suspect:

Apart from that, I don't consider any of my current interests to be 'strange'... :Jimmy_is_great
What do you consider to be a 'normal' interest anyway?

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

Mine is collecting Radio 1 Top 40 shows (as originally broadcast) from years gone by - people have kept recordings they made at the time, put them on digital media and then sold/traded them with others and since I discovered that, I have acquired quite a large collection of them, some have been bought, others I have traded with others with a simialr interest, I must now have around 150 2-hours shows, mostly from the 80s but some from the late 70s and early 90s too. Some of them I even remember recording on tape at the time when I was younger, but never kept them.

I know I can make compilations of songs which were in the charts at the same time, but to me it's just not the same. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

I kind of do the same thing as you, James, only with audio clips of format changes. I follow a radio news and information website called RadioInsight (http://www.radioinsight.com), and they often have news and predictions of upcoming format changes in North American radio markets. When I find out about these changes, and when they're to occur, I find their online streams and then "roll tape" at the appropriate time.

I have been doing this since 2007, and some of my recordings have been featured on RadioInsight's sister website, the Format Change Archive (http://www.formatchange.com). As I am originally from Montreal, I was able to provide that site's administrator with content from that market, in addition to random clips from other markets. You can listen to those clips here: http://formatchange.com/category/montreal/

One thing I collect is transit memorabilia. I have a fleet number plate, builder's plate, and run box from a retired Toronto subway car, along with nameplate from a retired Orion I bus. I'll post a picture sometime. I know that there are other folks who have similar collections.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

I've recently been interested in London's bus routes (the late RMF1254 would love this one). My new project in London is to ride every single bus route, partly or completely. A couple of old ladies have done it already, but I want to see the corners of London for myself!

It also lets me tour around Hackney in the protection of a bus with CCTV! :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

Late? He was here only several days ago.... :suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

CountMeIn13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:14 pm    Author: CountMeIn13    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

Well, I am in love with sleeping with a random girl I know for a few days. Not what you think, no sex or so on, just sleeping, hugging each other, I don`t even need kisses, just laying together is perfect. But this thing has the other side. Most of the girls are thinking I want them to be my girlfriend and then when they figure out I am not, they really can`t understand why am I doing it.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?
Forum Games Moderator

CountMeIn13 wrote:
Well, I am in love with sleeping with a random girl I know for a few days. Not what you think, no sex or so on, just sleeping, hugging each other, I don`t even need kisses, just laying together is perfect. But this thing has the other side. Most of the girls are thinking I want them to be my girlfriend and then when they figure out I am not, they really can`t understand why am I doing it.

Errrrrrrmmmm...yeah, you can count me out, thanks... :shock:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Do You have any 'strange' interests?

I’m a petrolhead. Yes, I prefer the British term over the North American equivalent, gearhead. My Instagram account is full of photos of interesting cars I spot. I’ve been to some car shows and am a member of several car-focused groups on Reddit.

My desk and bookshelf are adorned with small models of some of my favourite types of cars. I hope I’m able to own at least one of those cars in real life someday.

My dad is a petrolhead as well, and I seem to have inherited his love of cars from him, particularly muscle cars. He owned one back in the day. We sometimes discuss cars and he often sends me videos about them over WhatsApp.

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]