Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Celebrities you have seen/met

Warnings: 0
Seen the Chuckle Brothers a few times. Even got their autographs.

Met John Steel and Mick Gallagher from The Animals only last year, some nice autographs to boot.

Watched the Kaiser Chiefs last year too, as well as Gerry Marsden and P.J Proby.

Once saw Bruce Jones (Les Battersby) wandering down the high street in Conwy. Didn't look very approachable at all. Look like he'd place a well rounded punch straight to your nose. He probably has done.

Met Bryn Terfel at the Greenwood Forest Park near Caernarfon.

3 years ago, I was sitting outside my mates house when I spotted a group of lads swarming round this well dressed man in shades, sporting a mop top hairstyle. It was Kris Marshall off the BT adverts, previously Nick in My Family. He was up in Llandudno to attend a wedding.

Anyone else got some sightings to share?

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Forum Games Moderator

Saw Robson Greene at Gatwick Airport in October 2007. Aye, pet.

Other than that...my dad saw Eric Bristow playing darts in Portsmouth the other day...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

The only celebrity on this planet to have ever graced my presence is the one and only Mr. Peter Kay. Although they say "don't meet your heroes" (he's not my hero, don't worry...) he is JUST like he's shown on TV.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Forum Games Moderator

Not one. :o

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Depends if anyone on here counts a BBC Scotland weather girl as a "Celebrity"... :suspect:

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Forum Games Moderator

I saw Fred Dinenage at a car show in Port Solent, near Portsmouth, about ten years ago...he's quite the famous figure around my "local" area.

I liked his "Murder Casebook" series on the Crime and Investigation Network last year. He's also very good on Meridian Tonight. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

selv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Was playing snooker in my local social club some years ago,in the dance room they were filming scenes for a film called ..Knights & Emeralds(think it was called that) anyway this small chubby guy with a good tan came up and started telling me he had just come back from Australia and we were talking about snooker,it was only Warren Mitchell the "silly moo" guy off.. Till Death us Do Part...haha..."long aired scouse git" :smt023

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Not sure if these really count, but:

Jenny Pacey (enigma from Gladiators) who was at a sports presentation at my sister's school a few years back
and Lee McQueen from The Apprentice came to my college a few weeks ago

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Administrator & Global Moderator

Actually met (as in spoken to):
Noel Edmonds(!)
Patrick Moore
Alistair McGowan
David Dickinson
Robert Winston
Michael Portillo

Randomly seen:
Martin Clunes (whilst filming)
Shane Richie (on the tube)
Diva Fever (on the tube)
Matthew Horne (in Bristol)
Graham Norton (in London)
Billy Murray (in London)
Chris Evans (in London)
John McCririck (in Las Vegas)

Seen (as a result of being in the audience of a TV show):
Fern Britton
Andrew Neil
Brian Cox
Ant & Dec
Les Dennis
Richard Wilson
Harry Hill
Alexander Armstrong
Richard Osman
John Craven (plus others who were on a celebrity edition of Pointless I saw being filmed)

There are a few others too but probably only I know who they are. :P Indeed, the 'celebrity' status of a lot of the ones in those lists could be questioned...

Joel

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

There was program on BBC a couple of years back called "Exile" which was filmed in my hometown. I didn't meet but I saw both John Simm and Olivia Colman whilst they were filming just in front of my house. :D

selv

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:20 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Has anyone ever seen a mate of mine called Steven Anderson? .. Actor/ Presenter.from Blind Date /Fit Farm/Would like to Meet...to name but a few :smt023 ;)

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

*Bump*

I actually met Christopher Biggins at my local theatre just this afternoon!

jasonlarsen2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Author: jasonlarsen2    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

I've met Bob Eubanks.

He is an American game show host who has been to England because he has hosted the British version of his American game show called "Infatuation." His most popular game show was the original American version of "Newlyweds" (We call it "The Newlywed Game.")

He was also responsible for bringing The Beatles to America.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Forum Games Moderator

Not one, either because I'm unlucky, or most likely that I don't know of many celebrities, and don't care to recognise them... :suspect:

jasonlarsen2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm    Author: jasonlarsen2    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Have you ever seen Infatuation?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

I saw Frankie Boyle in the RSC theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon in July this year. It was pretty damn surreal, just sitting there during the interval for Titus Andronicus only to look down from our gallery seats and see the bespectacled Glaswegian sitting there. He walked past us outside, donning a baseball cap to deter interest.

jasonlarsen2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:17 pm    Author: jasonlarsen2    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

Yes, I know Malcolm in the Middle is quite popular in England.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:57 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

I say Joan Collins game of DoND at the studio, and a few days after was shopping in TK Maxx, and who did I see with her daughter and grandchildren?? ONLY BLOODY JOAN COLLINS!

We spoke for a couple of mins, she was very happy to discuss the charity, and her time on DoND. Lovely lady.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met
Administrator & Global Moderator

Since I posted that list in May, I've seen a few others including Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley in Coronation St), Eddie Izzard, Jocelyn Brown and Paul O'Grady. Although I'm cheating a bit because I saw them whilst I was in the audience for the Paul O'Grady Show last month. :P

Perhaps more strangely, I spotted actor Peter Gunn (who used to play Brian in Coronation St) while I was in London for the POG Show, who was randomly walking around on the streets near the ITV studios. I went up to him, confirmed it was him, and took a 'selfie' with him which I posted on Twitter. :P

jasonlarsen2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:39 pm    Author: jasonlarsen2    Post subject: Re: Celebrities you have seen/met

I know that you either like Paul O'Grady or you don't.

Interestingly, there was an American TV show called Peter Gunn, but it was fiction.

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]