Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Warnings: 0
Here’s another one, i think i've mentioned it before. but all those crazy conspiracy theory videos like ‘Illuminati exposed’ that ramble on about how Satanism is everywhere, how it’s apparently controlling our minds and setting us up for new world order or something along those lines

Actually, it’s not so much the videos themselves that annoy me. What does annoy me though, is the fact that quite a few people who actually take it to heart and let it turn them into these vain conspiracy theorists.

Then they’ll start reading deep into everything pop culture to try and find signs of illuminati and Satanism, and perhaps stop liking something if/when they do, and along with that, they go around blaming illuminati for EVERY bad thing that’s happened in the world like 9/11, Mass murders (e.g. Sandy Hook, Aurora theatre), celebrity deaths etc. they'll start posting all this religious nonsense everywhere as a way of defying it. and they’ll just talk about how sad they are because they think that the devil is controlling society….Seriously??? :? :?

I take it these people are probably the same people who are so paranoid that they wear tin foil on their heads to stop aliens taking control of their minds :roll:

Just another sign of the age we live in, people are just obsessed with all these conspiracy theories and supernatural stuff to the point of believing it all

And no, i’m not a hipster saying that i hate zombies and vampires because they’re so mainstream now, but I just think people need to stop taking all this stuff so personally and realize that it’s MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES, AND PERHAPS TO PLAY A LITTLE MIND GAME WITH THEM. NOT TO TURN THEM INTO PARANOID CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, seriously. Though not quite as black and white as you put it.

That's a commonly-held view; I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" myself, but I do question everything I am told by those in what I call "positions of perceived authority". I see that as our duty as human beings, to question our surroundings and what others say to us, and to inform ourselves - gain our own, independent knowledge - about events which occur. If we don't, we're guilty of blatant ignorance.

On topic, it's probably been said before, but I don't like people who constantly post sarcastic remarks in the hope of earning a few "thumbs up" each time. I find myself thinking, "hey, I once thought I was funny, didn't do me any favours. I wasn't, you're certainly not, come out from up your own arse, shut up and go somewhere else." :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Youtube CONSTANTLY changing the layout. It was fine last year but in 2013 they force this crappy One Channel on us whether we like it or not. Also, they've changed the subscribe button to a very distracting bright red. It's very annoying when you're watching a video as it's hard to focus on that with that stupid button being so bright! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

Y.E.S.!!!! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:09 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

I like the YouTube One layout... :smt102

Oh BankerSpanker... you really are the moaniest of the moaners! :P Petty things like that! Then again I get annoyed, very annoyed, when people have their jeans inside their socks, accidentally or on purpose. :evil: :evil:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:56 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Although this is going back a while, remember around this time a decade ago (2007-2010 era) when YouTube used to display 'thumbs-down' votes with comments and how offended you used to get when you saw your comments get thumbs down votes? :roll: :P

IIRC this was scrapped in either 2009 or 2010 but i can't remember exactly which? :ponder:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Aside from the low-hanging fruit like multiple ads during videos now, one thing that pisses me off about YouTube today is that whenever you search for something, no matter what it is, one of the videos always has to be some grim news story about the pandemic. It's completely unrelated to what you're looking up, and second, i thought going online to watch videos was supposed to be a distraction from the craziness of the world.

No matter what you do to distract yourself, you always have to be ambushed by some anxiety-inducing reminder of what's happening :smt011

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:23 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Aside from the low-hanging fruit like multiple ads during videos now, one thing that pisses me off about YouTube today is that whenever you search for something, no matter what it is, one of the videos always has to be some grim news story about the pandemic. It's completely unrelated to what you're looking up, and second, i thought going online to watch videos was supposed to be a distraction from the craziness of the world.

No matter what you do to distract yourself, you always have to be ambushed by some anxiety-inducing reminder of what's happening :smt011

I wouldn't fret too much, it's an easy way for these kids to amass like on comments. People are simple.

It seems to be dying off anyway, many of these comments tend to be dated to 10 months ago at the youngest. And don't forget the ones that say ''1 year ago'' will now be far nearer to 2, when the world was indeed a different place. We're far beyond it now, mate. :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:27 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

psychokiller wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

I wouldn't fret too much, it's an easy way for these kids to amass like on comments. People are simple.

It seems to be dying off anyway, many of these comments tend to be dated to 10 months ago at the youngest. And don't forget the ones that say ''1 year ago'' will now be far nearer to 2, when the world was indeed a different place. We're far beyond it now, mate. :smt023

I must've been having a down day when I wrote this but yeah, that universal frame of mind is pretty well out of date now, almost as much so as MySpace after 2009, or the word "shawty" after 2010. That was certainly the case back in early-mid 2020, where literally everything had just stopped and it had gotten to the point where any form of distraction from what was happening was almost considered a taboo.

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]