Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Warnings: 0
So the dad deffo done it? Why oh why would you take your own childs life, why do people do that, notice how its mainly men too. Plus what is with this country and people killing their families, over money? Pathetic, money doesnt bring you happiness as you can probably tell, other people lose their homes, jobs, money and dont go round killing their families.

This is kinda reminding me of the WWE star Chris Benoit who killed his wife and son and then himself (a few days later though, nice guy), I used to love this man but now cannot bring myself to say one good work about him, how selfish are you to take out your own family.

Rant over... for now :smt023

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I don't know, but he is very selfish. The only good thing I can think of is that the debt won't be going to his Wife or daughter, but other than that, nothing. I was kinda hoping that the daughter got away because she's only 15 and she had her whole life ahead of her, but with the house being blocked from the inside, I guess it was an impossibility. :|

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

redrum666 wrote:
hammondstar wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
Back onto the subject of stabbings, there's not much else to say. These people do not need help, nor do the want it - and chances are they'd stab you if you offered them it.

That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. Or write.

It's basically the type of response from someone who knows nothing about the issue but likes to pretend they know it all :roll:

Red, you're completely wrong mate. And I just love it now that you can't reply to this. Hehe...

Back to the current subject, I don't think he would have been in the position or situation to murder his family suddenly and without prior thought.
It is the sort of thing that requires prior thought. It requires planning. Cookie's theories, all 3, are in my opinion very possible.

Jiveclive, you're right you know, but thing is that's not what I meant. I meant that they would probably refuse help if you offered them it, not that you should go up to them and offer for them to stab you.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Red has asked me to pass on a small message:

"i wouldn't want to waste anyone's valuable time replying to daniel123..."

:smt023

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Global Moderator

So, how is everyone planning on spending their final five or so days on earth?!

In all seriousness (if it can be), scientists are planning some sort of huge space particle explosion in Switzerland next Wednesday. Apparently it could develop small black holes that will consume the earth within seconds and cause the end of the world. :shock:

Of course, that's all a load of rubbish and the real reason they're doing it is to find out what the universe is made up of and how it was formed in the first place. It should be interesting to see what they discover from this mass 'experiment' which I'm sure is completely harmless. You know how the papers (especially the Daily Mail) exaggerate these stories! In fact, I found parts of what I read quite humorous considering how absurd it all sounds. If they do succeed though, maybe the meaning of existence isn't too far off after all, eh. ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Administrator & Global Moderator

The meaning of existence is Deal or No Deal - I could've told them that and saved them the bother of risking having the Earth consumed by "small black holes". :P

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:59 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

CERN ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

My physics teacher spent the last year just talking about this and we very nearly went of a trip there... :shock: 1 in 50 million chance of the Univerese ending! If I had the choice if anything had the chance of ending the univerese I wouldnt do it... :eyes:

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:01 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

If the meaning of existence is Deal or No Deal then what is the answer to the question?

Deal? or No Deal?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:03 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Tom22 wrote:
CERN ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

My physics teacher spent the last year just talking about this and we very nearly went of a trip there... :shock: 1 in 50 million chance of the Univerese ending! If I had the choice if anything had the chance of ending the univerese I wouldnt do it... :eyes:

Surely there are other things though which are just as likely to end the universe? I mean... what are the chances of all the nuclear power stations in the world blowing up at once? That'd do some bad damage. :shock:

And Deal, Mike.

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
CERN ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

Surely there are other things though which are just as likely to end the universe? I mean... what are the chances of all the nuclear power stations in the world blowing up at once? That'd do some bad damage. :shock:

And Deal, Mike.

Oh it'd destroy the earth but wouldnt even damage Mars... Black holes have that super power about them that makes them mind bogglignly destructive if the are created... we're all going to die!

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:06 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

But me plugging in my laptop to put it in charge might create a chain reaction of some sort which causes the universe to end... so I'd better watch out next time I plug it in.

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

h2005 wrote:
But me plugging in my laptop to put it in charge might create a chain reaction of some sort which causes the universe to end... so I'd better watch out next time I plug it in.

Yeah do us all a favour and dont risk the univerese by plugging a computer in ever again :smt047

(After Gameweek 22)

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
:shock: 1 in 50 million chance of the Univerese ending!

With odds like that, we'd better be crossing our fingers next Wednesday! :P

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:09 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Exactly what time next wednesday? I don't want to miss DOND you see.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I commentate on Wednesdays, so I hope the universe doesn't end during DOND. It'd be most inconvenient, you see :evil:

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:13 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Well whatever time it is it'll hapen bang on time! Swiss efficency you see.

SCIENCE WOOAHHH WE LOVE SCIENCE

(After Gameweek 22)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

My head hurts

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

huh

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:16 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

mike wrote:
My head hurts

Basically they are using HUGE magnets frozen at almost absolute zero to fire little things round a circle the size of a really big thing... making them collide with the force of two jumbo jets at 11 knots and then measuring what comes off.

(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Is Tom trying to be clever again?

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]