Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:42 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 7:42 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Here's an idea - lock people up for crimes they DID commit! That way, we'll really get to see the meaning of "overcrowded"...

Yes, well done Daniel, another fantastic idea. Oh my, and here's me thinking that the prison system was already meant to do that... god, I just don't know what we'd do without your ingenious drivel sometimes.

It's not that simple. If it was that simple, innocent people wouldn't be wrongly accused and wrongly convicted.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:41 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

That Shropshire mansion fire is quite a scary piece of news at the moment, with the four dogs and 3 horses being shot before the fire had been 'purposely' started. One of the two bodies that has been recovered belonged to Jillian Foster (Christopher's husband) and the other body belongs to an adult man. Kirstie, the fifteen year old teenager was on the internet at 1am and then a powercut occured, however there is no sign of her body yet.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:51 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I think what makes it really disturbing is that the familys pets were killed and then dragged through the house as they can see the blood trails from above and that the house was boarded up from inside... It's like a horror movie.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:05 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

It is... Someone was obviously pretty serious about something, because taking the time to board up all the doors and make sure there was no possible exit at all is quite scary. I can't even imagine what the victims were thinking. Especially the 15-year old. What's even more odd is that the gun was registered in Christopher's name. Were they taken by surprise. There could be loads of different ideas; the dad taking his and his family's lives due to him owing so much money, or some dodgy person wanted revenge and broke in or... It could have been anything. I really don't understand why the dogs and horses in the outbuildings were shot and dragged into the main house, and why wasn't that other dog shot in the outbuilding? There are so many unanswered questions. Why, just why?

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

You've said some stupid things in your time but this just takes the biscuit. We threw the concept of the death penalty out long ago and we don't want to go back to it. It's inhumane (it puts you on the same level as them),it's an easy way out (they should be forced to rot in prison- with none of the cushy privileges they currently have in their cells) and there can be mistakes that can't be undone. 1 innocent life is 1 innocent life too many- we can't possibly justify taking this sort of gamble.

Didn't I say something similar to this sometime ago? :blueponder

I agree they should rot and be seperated from the outside world.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Permanently Banned

jiveclive wrote:
You've said some stupid things in your time but this just takes the biscuit. We threw the concept of the death penalty out long ago and we don't want to go back to it. It's inhumane (it puts you on the same level as them),it's an easy way out (they should be forced to rot in prison- with none of the cushy privileges they currently have in their cells) and there can be mistakes that can't be undone. 1 innocent life is 1 innocent life too many- we can't possibly justify taking this sort of gamble.

Didn't I say something similar to this sometime ago? :blueponder

I agree they should rot and be seperated from the outside world.

Precisely- tiny cell, bread and water to survive on and minimal so-called "leisure time" a day. And when the human rights activists moan, you grab them and give them a good slap round the face for being so stupid as to think these criminals deserve anything better and then take them to the graves of the people the criminals have murdered or to their surviving victims. Then let's see where their humanitarianism stands...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

That mansion fire is just really scary, as Tom has said.

Almost out of a movie :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

They've found a third body in that house...

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:48 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Oh dear :(

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

It's supposed to be the daughter, isn't it?

It's awful!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Administrator & Global Moderator

This is indeed like something straight out of a horror movie... we may never know exactly what happened but it sounds as though there are enough remains of the house for the police to hopefully be able to piece together what went on there. :?

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:08 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Well lets hope it's not his daughter! :(
I reckon Christopher killed his wife and child, burnt the house down to destroy the evidence, shot the animals and then killed himself. If so... Why? :?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:21 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Well, me and one of my friends spent hours on MSN being detectives and we've come up with a few likely stories:

1. Someone wanted revenge, and cut the power from the outside so the Alarm System wasn't working, and shot the animals to avoid noise or something, but they didn't realise that Kirstie was still awake (She was in a chatroom when the power cut happened)...

2. Christopher was going to burn down the house for insurance money to help pay off some of the debts, however it went a bit wrong and he shot his wife in an arguement, and then shot his daughter because she may or may not have seen him do it, then get paranoid and shot the pets, then couldn't believe what he did and set fire to the house and shot himself.

3. Maybe, in a protest, Christopher destroyed everything that had cost him money...

4. If there was a powercut, and bullets throughout the building, then surely the person responsible knew their way around the house, so maybe family, friends or someone else familiar. Gun bullets throughout - Maybe the family were chased?! But as the doors and windows were bolted up, they would have been found regardless?

5. Was the house burnt down to stop police getting as much evidence? Suggesting that someone else, commited the crimes, because if the house was burned down to provide a lack of evidence, why? It wouldn't have made any difference to Christopher because he'd be dead.

6. Loan taken from an illegal loan shark? Maybe the pets were killed to restrict evidence rather than just because they were making noise?

7. Maybe the daughter (Kirstie) as she was on the computer, obviously realised the power went off so went downstairs and tried to turn it back on, but there was someone down there, and she screamed which woke her mum up who also came down the stairs. The power was cut thinking that everyone was asleep so the family didn't know they were coming, but it went wrong because the daughter was still up.

8:
[c=48]*;SheridanLee. .T E R O L D[/c] says:
like in a minor way, he probably startled his wife who probably threatened to take the daughter away from the dad and debt but then when the wife went to bed and he tried to do it alone but it went wrong with a struggle leading to the wife's death, he was so shocked he killed himself leaving the daughter unaware until the fire began, he probably never intended for it to end in death but with them.

I know which seems the most likely, but not everything is what it seems.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I've just been told that the third body found in the burnt-down home in Shropshire could be Kirstie Fosters, although this might not be true. I was also told that her bedroom collapsed into the cellar whilst Kirstie lay asleep in bed. I hope it's not true and that Kirstie is well and safe. :(

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

JoelDavies wrote:
I was also told that her bedroom collapsed into the cellar whilst Kirstie lay asleep in bed.

I'm not entirely sure if that is true or not because wouldn't she have been shot in the head first rather than just left asleep, and she was supposed to have been up when the powercut happened at 1am.

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:04 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Permanently Banned

JoelDavies wrote:
I've just been told that the third body found in the burnt-down home in Shropshire could be Kirstie Fosters, although this might not be true. I was also told that her bedroom collapsed into the cellar whilst Kirstie lay asleep in bed. I hope it's not true and that Kirstie is well and safe. :(

I very, very much doubt that somehow... it's like those people who still believe Madeline McCann is still alive and safe. Whoever committed this atrocity did so with the intention of butchering that whole family and leaving their mark. If Kirstie is, by some miracle, still alive then I seriously doubt that she's "well".

hammondstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

daniel123 wrote:
Back onto the subject of stabbings, there's not much else to say. These people do not need help, nor do the want it - and chances are they'd stab you if you offered them it.

That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. Or write.

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:40 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Permanently Banned

hammondstar wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
Back onto the subject of stabbings, there's not much else to say. These people do not need help, nor do the want it - and chances are they'd stab you if you offered them it.

That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. Or write.

It's basically the type of response from someone who knows nothing about the issue but likes to pretend they know it all :roll:

jiveclive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:44 am    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

What the hell! People don't offer themselves to be stabbed. That counts as suicide!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:50 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Well, CCTV has been found of Christopher running away from the stables with his rifle into the house where his wife and daughter (but she hasn't been identified yet) were already dead. It looks like there wasn't a powercut after all if the CCTV was working :ponder: . So, maybe rather than creating a powercut, Christopher just pulled Kirstie's plug for her computer out of the plug socket with out her noticing until the power cut off.

So the two main stories now I reckon now are:

1. Attitude of "If I can't have this, no-one can"

2. Still possibly an insurance job gone wrong.

and possibly: Argument between Kirstie and Christopher over her being on the computer so late and she called him something like a failure and he lost it and pulled the plug out and shot her, along with her mother and her ponies and dogs, and then he couldn't believe what he did so he set fire to the house and shot himself.

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]