Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:39 am Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 7:39 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:46 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Warnings: 0
That's rather random.

But that cat is planning something :suspect:

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:41 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 734448.ece

Death of a true football legend.

I watched his charity match over the weekend in his honour and he was supposed to make a quick appearence then go to his area to watch the match, in true Robson style he milked the crowd and the moment and loved every single minute of it... BRILLIANT.

He was a an old school gent and I for one loved watching him when he was commentating on matches on telly, lets just say he put Jamie Rednap to shame (not hard tho eh).

RIP Sir Bobby Robson

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Just one word needed to describe this man: Brilliant.

That's all the Daily Telegraph need to include in their obituary, alongside every achievement and success over his life that brought him more joy than he ever imagined. And that wasn't something he kept to himself, either. What a man. I take my hat off to you, Mr Robert Robson of County Durham, who became one of the best-known and most loved characters we've had in a long, long time. Rest in peace - by heck, you deserve to.

Edit: My sincerest apologies for the word that was previously there. That wasn't its implied meaning.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Last edited by daniel123 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Hell??? I do hope not

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Yes. Sorry about that.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Administrator & Global Moderator

Two intriguing stories:

Pen pals: Giraffe and goat form unlikely friendship
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... osure.html

Boris makes Eastenders appearance: Mayor of London Boris Johnson is to make a guest appearance on the BBC soap Eastenders later this year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 158056.stm

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

The Goat and Giraffe story is lovely :D

I don't watch deadenders

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

I must agree with the second part of that. Crapenders is nothing but a bad soap which has smothered almost the entire population in its rubbish. But I will commend its executives, though, on managing to produce 24 years of horrifically poor quality television and become regarded as some of the best, most honourable people in the business for it.

Oh, and on the subject, a few of the characters' mouths could do with a bit of soap now I think of it.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Quote:
Science ponders 'zombie attack'

If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm :eyes:

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Quote:
Twitter tweets are 40% 'babble'

A short-term study of Twitter has found that 40% of the messages sent via it are "pointless babble."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8204842.stm

I have to agree. :lol:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

I am a member of the Facebook and Bebo networking sites - and I must admit, these are no different. Just trivial babble. That's why I haven't used my Facebook or Bebo account for three months.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Here's a story I just read in The Sun...well if that's what you want to call it.

A dad is "outraged" at sweet firm Haribo after he spotted the fruity cartoon characters on the packaging in "fruity poses".

Warning the following contains hardcore pictures of fruit in shocking scenes...
ImageImage

But what makes me laugh is this quote - "I demanded to see the shop manager and, during a heated exchange, my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -*beep*.html

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Haha why has this never been noticed before?!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:11 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

The Green fruit needs to go on the sex offenders register... just look at him.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Apparently there has been an Earthquake in the US of 7 on the Richter scale which is pretty big by and standards... they dont seem too worried by it on Sky News at the moment mind... :ponder:

Edit- Good old Sky News... it's actually in Georgia the country in a very remote part...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Not really news but I suppose it is current affairs... :eyes:

Later this morning, clocks will hit 09:09:09 on 09/09/09! Of course it happens annually in the first 12 years of any century... so the last time it'll happen this century will be on 12/12/12 at 12:12:12.

By the way, I've already seen one comment on Facebook which suggests 09/09/09 could be a bad day for the UK. They seem to think there's a link between the USA's emergency number (911) and the 9/11 attacks, and so they believe there's a link between the UK's emergency number (999) and 9/9/9... :roll:

Why is 090909 so special? http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200 ... ssospecial

EDIT: Oh dear god... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-999.html

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

SOMEBODY CALL 911! SHAWTY FIRE BURNING ON THE DANCE FLOOR, UH-OH.

Also don't forget that 999 turned around is 666. :shock:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:21 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

It will be even creepier on the 11th of November 2011 at 11:11:11!

Or 2012 WHEN THE WORLD ENDS!!!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Banky (why am I calling you that)...the world won't end. We will, our own worlds will, but it won't.

On more recent news, part of the world of food departed us on Monday...albeit in spectacular style. Mr Keith Floyd, my inspiration, was 65 and looked as though he was about 97. Great bloke.
A man, I believe, who did not deconstruct television but reformed it. He made it into what it should always have been and still can be made to be, in due course. That style, of course, was destroyed by the likes of Ramsay and, I daresay, Oliver - in my eyes, any script on any program on any channel is a failure not worth even catching a glimpse of. Which is what made him such a bloody good TV cook.

Not much to say except I reckon a toast is in order to Mr Floyd and his extravagant, flamboyant....just natural way of life that earned him the reputation he, of all people, truly deserved. A reputation only he deserved.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Quote:
Bulgarian lottery repeat probed

The Bulgarian authorities have ordered an investigation after the same six numbers were drawn in two consecutive rounds of the national lottery.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8259801.stm

I bet that Derren Brown bloke is to blame!

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]