Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:31 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:31 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Warnings: 0
A teen who thinks being a part of a gang is going to make them popular must have polluted minds.

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:36 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Permanently Banned

jiveclive wrote:
A teen who thinks being a part of a gang is going to make them popular must have polluted minds.

If that's the way society has dragged them up then they really aren't going to know any better than this...

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:25 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

I thought I would set up a thread for this as it was in my hometown. Have a read, but I warn you, if you are not willing to see very graphic images do not read.

A woman involved in Friday morning's road crash in Bury has died.
She was one of three people injured when a Rover car veered out of control in Bolton Street, near to its junction with Millett Street.
The vehicle ploughed into a lamp-post at 5.15am and became wrapped around the metal column.
The woman, aged 33 and the driver of the car, was thrown from the vehicle.
Two male passengers, aged 19 and 21, were cut from the wreckage by firefighters.
The 19-year-old man is believed to have undergone surgery at Fairfield General Hospital to have a leg amputated.
The other man, aged 21, suffered minor injuries and has since been discharged from Rochdale Infirmary.
Bolton Street was closed in both directions on Friday morning as police carried out an accident investigation.

R.I.P Katie Anne Mather

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

Sorry to hear about this.
R.I.P Katie :cry: :cry: :cry:

redrum666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Permanently Banned

Yet another tragedy to add to the long list of cruel and unfortunate deaths of recent years. My thoughts are with her family and friends- she may not have been anyone to us but to them she was everything and that must be a horrific thing to go through. Makes you feel very lucky to be alive sometimes when you see things like this.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:57 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Forum Games Moderator

Aye. Redrum said it all. This sort of thing is, of course, very negative but does indeed remind us of how lucky we are, in effect gives us a neccessarily-harsh jolt back to reality.
These things happen and, being not local to Ramsbottom or Bury or wherever Joel actually lives, I personally am not deeply saddened. I for one never knew this woman, or the poor guy who, as we speak, is lying in a hospital bed with one leg less than yesterday. However. My condolences to the family and friends of Miss or Mrs Mather, and, without wishing to sound unneccessarily funny, the leg of the Man With No Name and the man himself.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

It never ends unfortunately - god bless to their family.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:01 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

What I thought was most shocking was that the car actually 'wrapped' its self around the lamp post. This was probably the most horrific car crash in Bury for ages...
My dad told me at first, he said that there was blood smeared across the floor from where Katie and the driver had been flung out of the car and slid across the road, and the road had been closed whilst the fire fighters were pulling the two boys out. Anyway I don't want to think about it anymore as it was just terrible and it brings back memories of when I got hit by a car when I was nine. :(

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

NIIIIIIIIICE. :|

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

cookie_monster wrote:
NIIIIIIIIICE. :|

Um, yeah. :lol:

Anyway, R.I.P again Katie, I feel for her family. Must be hard for them. :(

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Permanently Banned

JoelDavies wrote:
What I thought was most shocking was that the car actually 'wrapped' its self around the lamp post. This was probably the most horrific car crash in Bury for ages...
My dad told me at first, he said that there was blood smeared across the floor from where Katie and the driver had been flung out of the car and slid across the road, and the road had been closed whilst the fire fighters were pulling the two boys out. Anyway I don't want to think about it anymore as it was just terrible and it brings back memories of when I got hit by a car when I was nine. :(

And what better way 'not to think about it' than to smear the gory details across the forum.

Jeez. Talk about tasteless. :roll:

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:10 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Hey, ain't it OK to talk about your unfortunate experiences on this forum? :P lol

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Forum Games Moderator

basicasic wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

And what better way 'not to think about it' than to smear the gory details across the forum.

Bah. Wimp. :-D

Back onto the subject of stabbings, there's not much else to say. These people do not need help, nor do the want it - and chances are they'd stab you if you offered them it. As I have always said, for this majority of the population only, bring back executions. But not the noose. No, that's too quick and easy, believe it or not. Bring back hanging, drawing and quartering, or maybe give them a taste of their own medicine.
Whether or not executing every chav, every yob in the country is the key solution, what needs to be done is this: In any way, shape or form possible, do something that will show these people, make a lasting impression on them and actually make them change their ways. The government has to stop dreaming and get a bloody move on. It's all very well saying you'll do something, but until you start doing it that dream will never become a reality.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:48 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.
Permanently Banned

daniel123 wrote:
basicasic wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

Bah. Wimp. :-D

Back onto the subject of stabbings, there's not much else to say. These people do not need help, nor do the want it - and chances are they'd stab you if you offered them it. As I have always said, for this majority of the population only, bring back executions. But not the noose. No, that's too quick and easy, believe it or not. Bring back hanging, drawing and

You've said some stupid things in your time but this just takes the biscuit. We threw the concept of the death penalty out long ago and we don't want to go back to it. It's inhumane (it puts you on the same level as them), it's an easy way out (they should be forced to rot in prison- with none of the cushy privileges they currently have in their cells) and there can be mistakes that can't be undone. 1 innocent life is 1 innocent life too many- we can't possibly justify taking this sort of gamble.

daniel123 wrote:
Whether or not executing every chav, every yob in the country is the key solution, what needs to be done is this: In any way, shape or form possible, do something that will show these people, make a lasting impression on them and actually make them change their ways. The government has to stop dreaming and get a bloody move on. It's all very well saying you'll do something, but until you start doing it that dream will never become a reality.

And that's the kind of mindless bigotry that put Hitler in power.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mum-Of-Three Dies In Horrific Car Crash In Bury, Lancashire.

redrum666 wrote:
they should be forced to rot in prison- with none of the cushy privileges they currently have in their cells

I agree. But, I do think that serial killers should be killed, because they are often too mental and dangerous to be re-educated, and because of taking many lives, I believe, you should give something back, even if there's only one of you.

Only for serial killers though. Other than that the other criminals should be locked in a basic cell with an old mattress on the floor and a bucket in the corner. They then should be fed two times a day, an apple and yesterday's chips for lunch, and even worse food in the evening. they should get a 10 minute break twice a day in a concrete closed in square.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:24 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Don't know about executing serial killers - would you execute a chav if it had killed 3 or more people with some time inbetween?

So what you#'re saying, cookie, is that prisons should be like they used to be, even as short a time as 40-50 years ago, consisting of Door, stone ledge, thin mattress, whitewashed walls. And the door should be white to go with the walls, no space underneath.

That's a good idea, but it's like computers - from here the only way is up, and it's only going to get better, more cushy and comfortable. Prison is now the no. 1 place to be in U.K...

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:27 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

daniel123 wrote:
Don't know about executing serial killers - would you execute a chav if it had killed 3 or more people with some time inbetween?

Yes.

daniel123 wrote:
So what you#'re saying, cookie, is that prisons should be like they used to be, even as short a time as 40-50 years ago, consisting of Door, stone ledge, thin mattress, whitewashed walls. And the door should be white to go with the walls, no space underneath.

Oh, that or bars. :twisted: Or a painting of a happy big happy smiley face on the wall. :twisted:

daniel123 wrote:
That's a good idea, but it's like computers - from here the only way is up, and it's only going to get better, more cushy and comfortable. Prison is now the no. 1 place to be in U.K...

Exactly, it's more like a reward, than a punishment.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

With all this DNA fingerprint and ID malarchy, you could safely carry out Capital Punishment, possibly, they could invent something that will deteriorate you over a really long period of time?

redrum666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Permanently Banned

Aaron Brock wrote:
With all this DNA fingerprint and ID malarchy, you could safely carry out Capital Punishment, possibly, they could invent something that will deteriorate you over a really long period of time?

No evidence is 100% conclusive. If you use that logic, then why do innocent people still end up in prison for crimes they didn't commit? It simply isn't safe, it's too big a risk.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Here's an idea - lock people up for crimes they DID commit! That way, we'll really get to see the meaning of "overcrowded"...

Aaron, something that deteriorates you over a long period of time? Make them smoke, take heroin, cannabis, cocaine...make them drink 75 pints of cider every day...there's loads of things, and they're all pretty...subtle if you don't include the cider, all "humane" and all apart from the cider very common, particularly in England.

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]