Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
After a couple of games that went in very different directions and got shunted the other way by 25, we'd love a big win that sticks. Is DAN the man to deliver?

He'll start at the start of course, with 1-4 four times to let The Configurator deliver a player power, Banker power, offer pattern, and money menu... Away we go!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:01 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

See i usually go 1 to 4 in that way but today I feel like doing the reverse so we going
4 3 2 1

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

From the top to the bottom, we count it down to this...

Game #36 configuration
Take Control | I'll Finish This | Banker's Choice | Draft Mode

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Well THAT is a combination! The Banker has control of whether you buy Box 25, and also your offer pattern after the opening six-box round - but YOU get to draft that Box 25, which could be really useful to neutralise his power, and you also get an offer button and a counter-offer!

The board, at least, is familiar...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£25
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£150,000
£250,000

Last edited by KP on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

...and now it's time to put your money menu together, bearing in mind he decides if you even get to use it or not! First pair...

ADD HALF/-£2,000
+£1,000/75%

Neither of those are too dangerous, but which do you want?

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:24 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

That a quite a draw but let not forget here I get a counter and a offer of my own here so this maybe quite the battle here Now I got to be careful with this draft considering the banker has the power to decide my fate at the end here so if this wasn't him in control I take the add half one but considering he in charge I want to balance this box 25 so it leaves him stumped at the end but an alright bit for me. +1000 and the 75%

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

It's a tough decision to make and this is the even bigger part of it...

QUADRUPLE/20%/NOTHING
BONUS/+£3,000/QUARTER

Well that first one is terrifying but it'd also be terrifying for him! For the second, remember BONUS is the better of +£5,000 and ADD HALF...

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:34 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

BONUS/+£3,000/QUARTER the last thing I want is to leave here with nothing and I still think the quarter and 75% might make him think

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

So this is your menu:

BONUS
+£3,000
+£1,000

75%
QUARTER

And on the table is Box 16 and there's six others to open in round 1 before things get weird. GAME ON!

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:44 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Right let kick this off 24 1 4 13 17 21

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

And into the game we go!

Box 24 - £150,000! Yikes...

Box 1 - £50 is more like it!

Box 4 - £35,000! Another hit...

Box 13 - 50p! Another reply!

Box 17 - £1,000 is the kind of red we needed... but do we get the colour alternation all the way to the end of the round?

Box 21 - £500! We do!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

The surprises in this game have almost certainly only just started.

1p
10p
£1
£5
£10
£25
£100
£250
£750

£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£250,000

The Banker has six offers to make after this one, and the total number of boxes left at each offer point have to sum to only 40. Last time he went with 12-box, 10-box, 9-box, 4-box, 3-box, and 2-box offers, but he has to do something different from that this game too. And that starts with an eight-box round next!

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,000

Eight grand or eight to open. Deal or No Deal?

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:05 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Well that round had it highs and it lows £8,000 offer Okay I see it 8 boxes to pick next round I think I know why the bankers doing this The crazy antics of me let get weird everyone KP let go on this rollercoaster shall we NO DEAL 2 20 15 22 18 3 7 9 ( Yes I am getting rid of the swiftie numbers )

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Things are getting weird and here comes the biggest round this series has ever had...

Box 2 - £10! Good start.

Box 20 - 10p! Even better!

Box 15 - £15,000 is appropriate, we'll see how much we miss it soon...

Box 22 - £3,000 is also red but also free of bad blood!

Box 18 - £100! This is legitimate momentum building right here...

Box 3 - £250! Just two to survive, and right now it looks like we've been catapulted into the business end of a BIG game...

Box 7 - £250,000!! What a time for that :(

Box 9 - £50,000! Incredible sting in the tail :(

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

The Banker has to be glad that he made that round go as long as he did!

1p
£1
£5
£25
£750

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£75,000
£100,000

Banker's Choice quota: 10/40 after 1/6 offers

The twist he's set up with that round... this round is going to be two boxes, then it's one at a time until a 4-box final offer! Yes, a 4-box final offer!!

He was bracing himself for a huge offer until the jackpot went...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,000

...but now he's at £9k because 9-box is the only point without an offer now until the very end! Deal or No Deal?

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Well then that was a ride wasn't it I will say it could have been a lot worse I still going to have my bag of tricks in my back pocket especially with 1 at a time coming round the corner NO Deal
11 19

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

Yes, you do have that button, and the Banker says you can use it at 3-box or 2-box if you want!

Plus you can counter any of the offers between now and then. But we go to 8-box with these...

Box 11 - £5! Lovely stuff, another one?

Box 19 - 1p! Perfection! What a fascinating game we have here!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

With four one-box rounds to come and then a button after THAT, plus a counter-offer, we have some fascinating gameplay ahead on a board like this...

£1
£25
£750

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£75,000
£100,000

Banker's Choice quota: 18/40 after 2/6 offers

Tough for him to play this...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,500

...but he's gone up 50% and he'll see what he thinks about next! You can counter of course, or just take it or turn it down... Deal or No Deal?

puzzledan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:35 pm    Author: puzzledan    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

I aint countering yet I fancying my chances so NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.1 | Game #36 [Dan]

On we go to the one-box stage! This is where so much can happen, with so many decisions for you AND him...

Box 6 - £10,000 definitely keeps the interest alive!

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]