Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
On the knife edge with one to open.

11p
£1
£251

£51,111

The Banker has two offers for you.

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,042

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

MYSTERY SPLIT

The split will on average pay out almost £7,000 and will guarantee you a red win.

Two offers to choose between, or you can reject both. Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

I might regret this, but I think it's worth at least one more go with only a 25% chance of disaster and a offer just under half the average. NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

4 next, please. :eyes:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

This is the point where the Banker gets excited... a player saying No Deal and admitting that there'll be regret if it goes wrong...

Box 4 -
11p! But it goes wrong for HIM! We are STILL in this game!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

The Banker has to now be scared again.

£1
£251

£51,111

He wanted to offer £9,001, but he thinks that wouldn't be enough...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,001 + APPLE iPAD PRO

It's the latest 11" 256GB Wi-Fi model, courtesy of John Lewis & Partners and worth £869! Which is enough to mean that even if he bought 25 and it had NOTHING, it's not the lowest win we've ever had...

...or you can go one more. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:22 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

£9,001 would be marginal on its own, but the guaranteed tablet makes this too tempting to turn down, especially as my current tablet is 2 years old and crap. DEAL. :smt023

9 would've been next, and I would've swapped for 19.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:24 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Box 9 - £1! £251 or £51,111...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£18,002

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£12,000 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 25

You'd have swapped for Box 19... which had £251! The £51,111 was in your original Box 20, untouchable!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:26 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

The Banker has had to make a decision here...

TRIPLE (£27,003)
DOUBLE (£18,002)

HALF (£4,500.50)
QUARTER (£2,250.25)
NOTHING

...and decided...

...that because it can't be the lowest ever win thanks to the tablet, it's not worth exposing himself to any risk. NO DEAL!

BEN'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £9,001 + APPLE iPAD PRO

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]