Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Safe to say we've got some tension at 10-box.

£1
£5
£25
£100
£250

£10,000
£15,000
£35,000
£150,000
£250,000

The Banker says that this game would be much easier to chase if you had more late-game offers, but with this offer pattern the only ones you've got after this are at 7-box, 4-box, and 2-box.

He believes they'll all be in proveout...

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,000 + £333 ON 25

...because you'll take that. £18,000 safe, a small stake on a small 25, and of course the wheel after that. Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Gizensha

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:45 pm    Author: Gizensha    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

Given the loss of the 100k, that's a fair offer, but it's a little lower than what I'm looking for to leave right now. No deal.

23, 1, 4.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

The Banker genuinely thought you'd take that, and now it's time to find out if you'll genuinely wish you had... spoiler boxes ready!

Box 23 -
£5! What a way to start justifying your decision THAT is!

Box 1 -
£150,000! And now, everything hinges on one box. One moment away from proving you made the wrong decision. One moment away from proving the Banker really is on a roll...

Box 4 -
£250! AND THAT'S NOT THE 250 THAT DOES IT!!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

This is what Deal or No Deal is all about.

£1
£25
£100

£10,000
£15,000
£35,000
£250,000

The Banker is genuinely unsure if you'll take a stick or not.

So he's offered Schrödinger's Stick.

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,000 + £333 ON 25 + CASH-ONLY WHEEL

What that means is that if the wheel spin is a PRIZE, we respin until it isn't. That means you'd be guaranteed to increase whatever cash you had after 25 (and it'd be at least £18,000) with cash, rather than a prize; this is higher-EV and won't give you a car you can't drive. ;)

With THAT in mind... Deal... or No Deal?

Gizensha

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:02 pm    Author: Gizensha    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

With the cash only wheel, and what's essentially a no downside (but more limited upside) 25, I think that's sort of equivalent to the 20k no box 25 I was wanting for a deal, so... Deal.

Proveout: 7 10 13

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

It's a Deal! And we know for sure the run of low cash payouts is over, because with that wheel the MINIMUM amount of cash you can leave with is now £18,450!

We'll see how much later, but now, let's prove the crash was on.

Box 7 - £1! Or do that. Fine. :(

Box 10 - £35,000 means it's a BIG crash if it happens...

Box 13 - £15,000! Not quite, but how scary would that have been?

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

£25
£100

£10,000
£250,000

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£33,333 ON NO-UPSIDE 25 AND NO WHEEL

Gizensha

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:13 pm    Author: Gizensha    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

That would have been a deal, my box 25 being drafted to be forced buy resistant also minimizes the damage no upside can do.

16, 19, 22

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

Box 16 - £250,000! THAT is where the disaster was coming.

Box 19 - £10,000! And quite the disaster it'd have been too, a £25 / £100 finish!

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£60

Wouldn't even have bothered making it interesting. :smt046

Box 3 had £100 and Box 22 £25. Now for post-game business!

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

Boring bit first.

ADD HALF (£499.50)
+£1,000 (£1,333)

MONEY BACK (£333)
75% (£249.75)
-£2,000 (NOTHING)

1-5, let's try and make sure there's an interesting number going through the wheel! ;)

Gizensha

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 pm    Author: Gizensha    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

We all know what I'm going to go for here - 3

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

-£2,000 (NOTHING)
+£1,000 (£1,333)
ADD HALF (£499.50)
MONEY BACK (£333)
75% (£249.75)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2020-05-31 13:19:24 UTC

And it WILL be an interesting number going!

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #18 [Stephen]

The first spin was a Philips OLED TV, so under the terms of the Deal that's discarded...

...the second spin was cash...

...50%! Second-best result possible, and the third-biggest cash win of the series!

STEPHEN'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £27,749.25

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]