Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:23 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

Warnings: 0
Good offer at just over half the average, but not enough to bail on a board this strong.

NO DEAL and let's go with 16, 14 and 12 next, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Liking the offer, but not enough to take it! Is that a move to regret? These three to try and validate the decision...

Box 16 - £6,500 will help that...

Box 14 - £250! Just two true blues remain!

Box 12 - £16,500 surely won't be enough to stop the Banker going up here!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

Sad to lose the H2005 and DanJudge amounts, but a great round otherwise. :( :D ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

The colour balance makes it look precarious. But this is Money Drop, and the colour balance lies!

1p
£36,000.10
£6,005
£6,010
£50

£7,000
£75,000
£121,250

Presumably we're going up from £14,200...

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,200

Or not?

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,200 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 23 + 55" LG OLED TV

The move at the second offer has been replicated at the fourth! You'd have a shot at turning that into a total package worth almost £30,000, and it's possible to turn that territory into a distant memory within one round here. Or to lock in a minimum of over £6,000. Or an awful lot of possibilities in between. Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

Yeah, not a chance I'm taking a stick after that round, even with the add-ons.

NO DEAL and let's go with 10, 8 and 6 next.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

That Banker approach may have backfired! Let's see how THIS round goes... and then we'll know.

Box 10 - £6,010! The first step towards making that a reality!

Box 8 - 1p!! An absolutely incredible selection... and what a 5-box this could be now. One away from having nothing below £6,005...!

Box 6 -
£75,000! But is even that enough to ruin this round?

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

We've had a one-box game on the second-biggest prize just two games ago with Aaron. He played on and got rewarded with a prize/23 combo platter.

This... would have been a one-box game on the second-biggest prize. But, again, that incredible first silver pot changed EVERYTHING.

£36,000.10
£6,005
£50

£7,000
£121,250

He could keep the pattern up by offering a flat £21,600 here...

BANKER'S OFFER

£23,000

But he doesn't. He's gone for a flat fee. A simple, straightforward offer. But surely not a simple, straightforward decision? The Banker doesn't think it will be one, anyway... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

I was just watching today's episode of Greek Deal or No Deal on Youtube, and ironically enough the player swapped for Box 19 mid-game. :shock: She then went on to decline €17,000 on a €100/€40,000 finish and crashed to €200 (€100 doubled by Box 23). :shock: :(

I'm taking that as a sign that fortune doesn't favor the reckless today, and declining two thirds of the average on this 5 box would be borderline reckless, so DEAL. :smt023

2, 4 and 9 would've been next, and for a change I wouldn't have swapped.

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

What an incredible way to justify a DEAL for £23,000! We'll come to 23 later... but first, the proveout!

Box 2 - £6,005...

Box 4 - £121,250! Nicely done! Need that magic blue for the spanking...

Box 9 - £50! But instead it's a backwards red/blue finish, £7,000 against that iconic £36,000.10. That would've been a 10p/£1k finish without the pots!

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£19,500

If you had gone to the end without swapping... you'd have won...

£7,000, because it was Box 19 that contained that £36,000.10! Best deal available, but it's not over yet...

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

You have this Box 23 to consider.

DOUBLE (£46,000)
+£5,000 (£28,000)
+£2,500 (£25,500)

MONEY BACK (£23,000)
HALF (£11,500)
NOTHING

To spend £23k on 23, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

Let me think about this.

* calculated average of the options and comes up with less than £23,000 *

Insta- NO DEAL.

As the uforementioned player choose the Box 23 E box (in Greek DoND there are 5 Box 23s labeled A-E that a player chooses from), I would've went with Option 5.

(surely this isn't Double :suspect: )

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #48 [Ben]

No EV- 23 for you!

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

DOUBLE (£46,000)
NOTHING
+£2,500 (£25,500)
+£5,000 (£28,000)
HALF (£11,500)
MONEY BACK (£23,000)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-05-23 23:02:43 UTC

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]