Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:57 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:57 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:34 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
We go on...

Box 16 - £2! Would have completed a beautiful sequence... in the last round.

Box 14 - £10 and the belated blues cruise continues...

Box 12 - £20,000. Of course!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Now, you have three predictions and three offers, but you can pass on any or even all of them...

2p
£1
£100
£500
£1,000
£1,500

£10,000
£30,000

Is this prediction time?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£6,500

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:38 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,000

You're in the range! Well, at least you're batting 1.000 at something tonight.

Will you be putting £7,000 through that newly-improved money menu? Up to you... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

I don't see the offer being much higher unless I have a near-perfect round, but with only an 11% chance of losing all hope I think it's worth another punt.

NO DEAL, and hopefully I can FINALLY have an all-blue round with 10, 8 and 2, please (not opening 6 as it's obvious that it has the £30k :P ).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:46 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Is that a hilarious system break I see before me?

Box 10 - 2p! Well, that's one problem out of the way. At least £101 is going through the mangler!

Box 8 - £100! Make that £501! The floor is being belatedly raised... a bit...

Box 2 -
£30,000!!

This. Game.

£1
£500
£1,000
£1,500

£10,000

Prediction? It's not compulsory...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Of course. :roll: :lol:

No prediction.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,950

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£1,337 + SAMSONITE NEOPULSE SUITCASE AND NO 23

The suitcase is £225 courtesy of John Lewis!

Two offers... one question. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Based on how the game has gone so far, I'd be a fool not to take one of these offers. However, as this is a RANDOM game and as such regardless of my prior misfortune I have a 60% chance of keeping the £10k in play (and hopefully a straightforward final prediction as a result), I'm going to be a fool and go for it. :Jimmy_is_great

NO DEAL, open 4, and then reveal the £10k in box 6, please. :roll: :P

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Box 4 - £500! Four figures guaranteed in the money menu!

Box 6 -
£1! FINALLY a good moment... £1,000, £1,500 and £10,000 remain. You'll win the contents of two. Prediction?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:09 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

sdgthju :-)

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£7,480

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:12 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,777

Obviously no problem there, the Banker pointing out that his formula didn't let him make the AMO he'd have considered for spite. ;)

Two lots of MONEY BACK on the menu, and an alternative offer now...

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,333 + £777 ON 23

Potential for an unorthodox sum regardless. ;)

If you turn both offers down you're taking the sum of your two boxes through to Box 23... Deal... or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

I'm definitely taking one of the offers here, but the question is which one? :ponder:

Since the fixed offer is roughly 90% of the EV of Box 23 with £7,777, I don't think it's worth risking that dreaded NOTHING, so I'll gladly cut my losses and DEAL the £3,333 + £777 on Box 23.

I would've swapped for 19, and I'll go for Option 5 for Box 23.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

We've got £3,333 locked in!

I'd ask which box you'd have swapped away but let's get on with business and confirm... Box 19 had £10,000 so you'd have been right to swap! Box 3 had £1,500, Box 11 had £1,000, doesn't matter much which you'd have swapped if you played on as long as you did!

Of course, you'd have risked losing the lot anyway and now you're not...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:23 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

...because you have £3,333 plus something off this money menu instead.

MONEY BACK (£777)
MONEY BACK (£777)

75% (£582.75)
HALF (£388.50)
QUARTER (£194.25)
NOTHING

Option 5...

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

QUARTER (£194.25)
MONEY BACK (£777)
MONEY BACK (£777)
75% (£582.75)
HALF (£388.50)
NOTHING

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-03-30 02:23:12 UTC

BEN'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £3,721.50

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #24 [Ben]

Fair enough. Had I blindly gone all the way I only would've won £5,500 after Box 23,

Sadly, this game invented the concept of a fatal 11th box. Had the jackpot stayed another box I probably would've predicted, gotten and dealt a Power 5 level offer, but at least I salvaged something half-decent in the end. :)

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]