Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:11 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:11 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
And here's your new board...

£1,500.10
50p
£1,501
£10
£1,600
£7,750
£500
£750

£17,500
£20,000
£43,000
£51,500
£75,000

£350,000

A reminder of your Box 23 configuration:

DOUBLE
+£5,000
+£2,500

MONEY BACK
HALF
NOTHING

The Banker would say whether this is more or less generous than usual for a second offer... but he says that would hurt him for multiple games to come, so he won't!

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,000

It's certainly a step up, but it would be after that round... Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:55 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

But it's definitely more or less generous, it's not average generosity? :P
Either way, there's practically half the board above it including that jackpot. NO DEAL, we'll open 19, 7, and 5 next.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

The Banker says he's not saying! ;)

Box 19 - £43,000! It got a bump up, and it was chunky to begin with... but it's not disastrous on its own.

Box 7 - £350,000! ...unlike that one.

Box 5 - 50p! Well, erm, you're guaranteed £10 in your box?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

Aww.
That jackpot's gonna start giving the banker a bad time if it stays unclaimed much longer, it's only a few more games until it starts regularly bumping up the board!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

£1,500.10
£1,501
£10
£1,600
£7,750
£500
£750

£17,500
£20,000
£51,500
£75,000

Unsurprisingly, this is your lowest offer so far.

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,252 AND NO 23

But it would still be more than you've won in your previous two games combined! With that in mind... Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

Hah!
On the plus side, there's only three "true blues" left, and there's a fair bit of stability at the smile money level as well as four above the offer. I think I'm confident in saying NO DEAL to this, it's going to be pretty hard for this game to seriously crash (and even if it does, this 23 is geared towards bailing that out).
Let's open 2, 6, and 20, and see where that takes us.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

On to 8-box we go, hopefully with a good round this time after the devastation the last one provided!

Box 2 - £75,000! Oh.

Box 6 - £7,750 isn't so disposable now...

Box 20 - £17,500! Good grief.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

The Banker must love playing you.

£1,500.10
£1,501
£10
£1,600
£500
£750

£20,000
£51,500

You can get out of this honourably yet... sadly, this offer would increase your average win in this series if you avoided a negative Box 23 outcome.

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,500

Or, if you want to at least lock in smile money, what about this?

BANKER'S OFFER

£1,500 + £3,750 ON 23

That could theoretically become five figures, even... your call on both offers. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

I'd definitely Deal here if the lowest 6 amounts were replaced with 5 low blues and £5,000, but as is?

I think I'd just about go another round here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

D:
;_;
I may need to avoid both the top two to get a significantly better offer, but as long as I can keep at least the larger one I think I'll be alright. That along with 23 suggests there's enough leverage here to chase another round...
Hopefully I don't regret this. NO DEAL, with boxes 16, 12, and 1 to open.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:26 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

When a player questions turning down a four-figure offer, you know it's not the best of games... but when a player questions turning down any offer, you know there's some tension thrown in.

So let's spoiler-box this round.

Box 16 -
£1,600 is safe! It's the biggest safe amount, it's part of the worst possible round, but it's still safe!

Box 12 -
£1,500.10! And so is that! We're at least guaranteed to have something to play for at 5-box...

Box 1 -
£20,000! And it will be a thing, singular. But it's the bigger of the reds!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

This is your 5-box.

£1,501
£10
£500
£750

£51,500

This is your pair of offers on it.

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,500 AND NO 23

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

55" LG OLED TV + £4,500 ON 23

The TV comes up again! You can take that plus a 23 stake, or you can take a no-23 offer, or you can play on... Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:33 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

...Alright, yeah, given the current state of affairs that offer's too generous to turn down. The question is simply which one to take...
And I think the TV sounds nice, plus I spent the whole game talking about 23 so it'd be strange to push it aside now. DEAL 55" LG OLED TV + £4,500 ON 23!

For the proveout I'll open 4, 15, and 14, leaving 21 to the end.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:33 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

That £6,500 offer would be causing an ACB-shaped hole in the wall, followed almost immediately by KP, JDGA and H2005, I presume :-D

EDIT: Or the TV offer. I forgot that some people actually still have use for a new TV. :P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:39 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

American Coupon Boy wrote:
That £6,500 offer would be causing an ACB-shaped hole in the wall, followed almost immediately by KP, JDGA and H2005, I presume :-D

Well, apparently Leah found a different wall to run through. ;)

The TV is safe, £4,500 is going through Box 23, this could still be Leah's biggest win ever in this series! (This is not saying nearly enough.)

Box 4 - £51,500!! Well, one thing is for sure: you were right not to play on. :)

Box 15 - £500, whatever.

Box 14 - £10 for a hilariously anticlimactic £750 / £1,501 finish.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£2,251.01 AND NO 23

That would have been enough to not be your lowest ever win!

Box 8 had £1,501, Box 21 the £750, and now for the important bit!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

So, the TV is safe. This is to decide how much money you're getting with it. Hopefully not zero.

DOUBLE (£9,000)
+£5,000 (£9,500)
+£2,500 (£7,000)

MONEY BACK (£4,500)
HALF (£2,250)
NOTHING

If this is one of the red options, it's your best result so far in Series 3. If it's Nothing, it's your worst. No pressure...

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

Geeze...
Option 4, I suppose!
One of these days I'll get some half-decent luck in your series.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

This Box 23 would be a good time to start...

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

HALF (£2,250)
NOTHING
MONEY BACK (£4,500)
+£2,500 (£7,000)
DOUBLE (£9,000)
+£5,000 (£9,500)

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-03-22 01:42:28 UTC

LEAH'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £7,000 + 55" LG OLED TV

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #21 [Leah]

Not much you could do with that game except play the odds and hope they fell in your favor. Thankfully Leah played the right odds in the end and managed to squeezed a high 4 figure win out of the game. :smt023

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]