Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
You won't see many 5-box situations more intense than this.

50p
£50
MIDI PRIZE

£75,000
£340,000

The Banker thought about offering more than half the average after your last remark. He also thought about sticking at £30,000 because of the 30% chance of disaster.

His computer, however, has told him he can't do either of those things.

What he's done instead... is continue the earlier theme.

BANKER'S OFFER

£40,000

It's yet another £10,000 increase, minus the telly again... is this the one to take you out on a terrifying board? Or are you after that jackpot? Neither decision is wrong. Both decisions will surely have their vocal advocates. Only you can decide... because you're the one facing the question... Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

.......but the Banker sticks to textbook play.

With a 30% disaster chance, I'd Deal here.....

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

I'm going on the basis The Banker won't be nasty on a blue/75k climax.

NO DEAL :shock:

Boxes 8, 12 and 15...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

.....but as I predicted, Archie goes on. :shock: :eyes:

It will be VERY interesting to see what the Banker does on a blue/jackpot finish.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Well... that is not the 30% chance the Banker was expecting you to focus on.

No pressure here, then.

Box 8 -
£50! WE ARE ON OUR WAY!

Box 12 -
MIDI PRIZE!! That scenario you mentioned is now the worst-case scenario, and you could be GUARANTEED £75,000 after this box, which would be £25,000 more than anyone has ever won in this series...

Box 15 -
IS YOUR BOX! The Banker says he has finally got you here... 5 and 14 remain on the wings...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Oh! Umm.. What a time to pick the wrong box :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

What a time indeed.

What a moment.

14 it is. Your choice was to remove one digit or change the other. You went with the latter.

Are we about to see the second-best finish of all 231 you could have had? Are we about to lose the jackpot? Or are we going to be left with one of the most terrifying contrasts you're ever likely to see?

It's time to find out.

Box 14 -
£75,000! IT'S THE TERRIFYING CONTRAST! 50p is in one box... and £340,000 is in the other!!

And now, the Banker's reaction to that.

"I need time to think about this."

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:19 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Woah! What a climax..

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

I don't blame the Banker at all. This is an EXTREMELY tough offer to judge with a player like Archie playing. He's not a total glory Hunter/Davao, but he is a self proclaimed "confetti hound".

I think I'd offer £100,000 + the maxi prize here.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

The Banker knows you want to take a risk... whether it's a good idea or not.

He thinks his best move is to ensure his offer still has the element of risk in it... but doesn't leave you with the 50-50 shot of 50 pence with only the shot of a prize to save you.

He also notes that the biggest win in this series to date is £50,000. He thinks you'll be tempted by being guaranteed to beat that.

BANKER'S OFFER

£50,001 + £35,000 ON BOX 23

That would give you £50,001 guaranteed. Then you'd put £35,000 on Box 23, where it could be doubled, lost, or paired with a prize. You could win anything up to £120,001 by taking this deal.

It's that, or chasing the jackpot knowing the alternative is 50p and the hope that it can be paired with a decent prize. And let me tell you right now, none of those prizes are worth anywhere near £50,000.

Then again, none of those Deal options get you anywhere near £340,000.

The biggest decision this series has ever seen is upon us.

Archie... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Final offer @ 28 minutes past....

Another VERY brave No Deal, coming right up. :shock: :D ;)

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

I need some time to think about this

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

I was looking for £100,000. I just cannot take that offer as it could be as low as £50,001. Thank you Banker, but no thank you.

NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Yep, told ya! :D ;)

Another jackpot winner?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Oh boy.

Here we go.

You just turned down an offer that could have been over £100,000, and had an 80% chance of being worth over £85,000... for this.

And now, you have a final question.

You wanted to take out 15 earlier. Is that because it had the 50p? Or is it in Box 5? One of them has it. The other has the jackpot. Your question now... the £339,999.50 question... Swap or No Swap?

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

I'm NOT SWAPPING..

Fingers crossed!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

It happened in 2.1. It's happened now in 3.0.

A player has turned down every offer and is trying to win the jackpot.

It could happen again. Last time, it did happen. This time, if the coinflip lands the other way, it's just 50p.

We may never see the likes of this moment again in this series.

50p or £340,000... it's on this.

...Box 15 contains...
50p!!

What an escape for the Banker. Box 5 had the £340,000.

There's Box 23, I guess...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

So here we go.

DOUBLE
ADD MAXI
ADD MIDI
ADD MINI

NOTHING

That's your options... four positive options, one that leaves you penniless. To Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

What an escape for the Banker there. :shock: :(

Had I been banking this game, I would've looked like a total numpty paying out over £100,000 for a 50p box. :P

Given was at stake and was lost by Archie, Box 23 will be quite anticlimactic regardless here. Even a car wouldn't make me feel much better had I just lost £85,000. :?

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:48 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #19 [Archie]

Urgh. Deal.

Option 5

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]