Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:01 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 4:01 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,500

He's used your second prediction as your actual third offer... it's just out of the 10% band, but the 113% isn't a bad one to get replaced by ADD CAR, is it?

BOX 25 MONEY MENU
13%
63%
163%
213%
313%
-£6,000
ADD CAR

Three clearly bad outcomes and four clearly great ones on that menu now! At £14,500, Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

I was gonna go with that, but I talked myself out of it. Anyway, I think I'm gonna keep playing. I think I can squeeze a bit more out of it. NO DEAL.

11, 20 and 21, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

That would have been some money menu with the 13% gone, even with that -£6,000 hanging around!

Box 11 - £15,000. That further clarifies the type of game we've got going here... one that probably already warrants spoiler boxes...

Box 20 -
1p! That's a £25 minimum from the main game, and only a 1/7 chance of losing the lot regardless now - but above all, there's a real psychological impact of that box being out there and it's gone!

Box 21 -
£500! You have got yourself into a heck of a position... but I've just realised the last round should have been four boxes, so this needs to be that instead!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:01 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

In that case, number 13. It's fine, I forgot how to play Purpliser style since I last did it.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

And I apparently forgot how to host it :lol:

Box 13 -
£25! WHAT A BOX! WHAT A GAME!

£250
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£2,500
£35,000
£150,000
£250,000

The Banker is not impressed that you put the 0% on the £150,000 now!

BANKER'S OFFER

£26,500 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£33,500 FIXED

Two massive offers there!

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

I think I can go one more round. NO DEAL.

12 and 22, assuming I open two this round.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Three now, as we're at 8-box...

Box 12 -
£250! AND THAT'S THE PERFECT FIRST ONE!!

Box 22 -
£150,000! Oh... well the Banker will be relieved about that, but still the jackpot looms large with one box to open before the 5-box offer...

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Number 24.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Massive moment in this game...

...Box 24...

£3,000 AND WE ARE SAFE!

£750
£1,000
£2,500
£35,000
£250,000

The resultant offers...

BANKER'S OFFER

£28,500 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,500 FIXED

£2,000 added to each of the 8-box offers, an interesting decision there! Is that tiny nudge upwards enough with the greatly increased danger, or are you chasing that jackpot? With three courses of action available, it's up to you! There's two offers with the same question... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

I think I'd just about take the £35,500 here with a 30% chance of the offer crashing.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:34 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

I think I can do it. I'm actually afraid to do it now, but NO DEAL.
16, 18 and 23, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Is that the first sign of doubt all game from Hunter? He knows the risk... but he's still chasing that reward.

These three boxes will determine if he gets there.

Box 16 -
£2,500! One step closer! And that, by the way, has removed any boxes that were in your Purpliser draw to begin with...

Box 18 -
£1,000! Two down! And, not only that, the worst-case scenario still leaves the £35k there... what a position this is!

Box 23 -
£750!! HOLY MOLY IT'S THE PERFECT ROUND!

An absolutely astonishing moment. £35,000 and £250,000 are your final two!!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

...so what on earth has the Banker done now?

Fainted, probably. But he has at least provided two offers.

BANKER'S OFFER

£114,500 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£124,500 FIXED

Remember, if you do go to the end, Box 25 is optional with whatever you have won.

But for now, you have two enormous offers to decide upon. £124,500 totally guaranteed, or £114,500 that could potentially rise to over £358,000 with Box 25. Or playing on to the end, with Box 25 to decide upon after THAT reveal.

For now, two offers, each with the same question... Deal or No Deal?

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

I'm guaranteed a P5 win. Even if it's the 35K, I can't complain. NO DEAL and NO SWAP.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

These offers would be well pitched with someone like me playing, but the current player will probably be in glory Hunter mode with £35,000 guaranteed. :eyes:

EDIT: Called it. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Is that turn of phrase a hint of what might happen with Box 25, I wonder?!?

Well, here we are.

Box 17 is out there on the wings. You have the option to make it the box on the table. Either it contains £250,000 or Box 8 does. Your question now... Swap or No Swap?

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:51 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

As I've said, NO SWAP.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Apparently everything needed double-checking in a situation like this.

Maybe we just needed the time to get over this situation. That decision with the Purpliser marked out your willingness to chase the mega money... and in the end, the board gave you a chance, and you took it.

But are you actually going to produce the remarkable result of a £250,000 box win on this Purpliser format?

Here we go. It's time to find out.

Box 8 contains £250,000!! :!: :!: :box:

Box 17 had the £35,000

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

The first jackpot win in KP's series! :shock: :-D :-D

And to Hunter's credit, it was through calculated risk taking rather than total risk obliviousness. :D :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #43 [Hunter]

Well... as weird as it seems, that's not the end.

BOX 25 MONEY MENU
13% (£32,500)
63% (£157,500)
163% (£407,500)
213% (£532,500)
313% (£782,500)
-£6,000 (£244,000)
ADD CAR (£250,000 + Renault Zoe)

You actually have a genuinely massive decision here. You could lose all the money you gained from that 2-box decision going your way, or you could more than triple your money and truly move into truly unchartered territory. There are five possibilities in between, too.

To Box 25... Deal or No Deal?

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]