Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:35 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Warnings: 0
KP managed to save himself by taking a lifeline when it mattered most! I remained in the Banker's seat for the next same as Archie came to the pound table. We're still awaiting a truly massive payout which we just do not see from these events... was Archie about to change all that?

Here's KP with the recap!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:53 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]
International Forums Moderator

So with everyone having had one go, it's time for another one. DJ KHALED! Players got their second turn in with the same order as the first, but with the other Banker. So ARCHIE plays against Aaron here, but will he get the success he had via the back door against KP?

Double 99 first: £10,000 and £100,000 lose two zeroes. Now the shifts...

£15,000 -> £49 is the huge downshift.
£35,000 -> £11,000 is the standard downshift.. "That could have been worse, it's staying in the same shift category."
£75,000 -> £52,000. "Bit of a knock for what was only a small downshift."
10p -> 75p. "Get in," Archie ironically declares.
£750 -> £2,750, and the standard upshift flips a blue into the upshift zone! Now for the huge upshift...
£5 -> £29,000. Archie wanted more, but it could have been much worse too, and multiplier watch is active with that one!

1p
75p
50p
£1
£29,000
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£2,750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£100
£49
£20,000
£11,000
£50,000
£52,000
£1,000
£250,000

Shuffle in, Box 18 on the table, and we're off. GAME ON!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

The round starts, of course, with a wheel spin. Which gives us the OFFER BUTTON. "Worked wonders for KP," Aaron said, and he had to clarify how ironic that wasn't!

Box 8 - 50p! Better than KP with that same number.

Box 15 - £100, again Double 99 losing influence early!

Box 1 - £2,750. Archie doesn't mind losing that. Aaron would love it to be the top of the round...

Box 21 - £29,000. It isn't, and that's the opening huge upshift gone.

Box 3 - £50. That's a good start all in all! Obvious no-replay is obvious... and1p is the shifted amount! It becomes 8p. MULTIPLICATIVE!

8p
75p
£1
£10
£100
£250
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£49
£20,000
£11,000
£50,000
£52,000
£1,000
£250,000

No opening prediction...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,000

Which draws the inevitable NO DEAL.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Second wheel is +£10,000 TO BOX 23 JACKPOT, so +£30,000 is the new additive on that money menu! He's taken advantage of that one already...

Box 11 - 8p! "Didn't even matter what that was shifting to anyway!"

Box 14 -£10! Aaron gets excited...

Box 20 - £52,000! Less so now... Archie is seemingly considering the early replay and the £100k Double 99 is in his head... but no replay.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:00 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

75p becomes 65p in another super-low-importance shift. "Ten pence, gone."

65p
£1
£100
£250
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£49
£20,000
£11,000
£50,000
£1,000
£250,000

This would be a better board in normal gameplay with six blues having already gone. But this is the gameplay Archie's playing by, and he's predicting...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,800

Needs to be inside 10% for a Win Boost...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,400

And is! 4.6% of it with one more shot to come. NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Aaron notes that impressive colour balance... but the wheel spins -25% TO TOP VALUE so now it's a£187,500 game. "We can live with that." It's still powering the game, just not quite as much.

Box 5 - £20,000. Archie notes that might make it easier to replay if there's a big hit...

Box 6 - £100! Not there...

Box 16 - £1! And definitely not there!

7-4 shift balance (and 8-3 colour balance!), Archie is laughing at the mere idea of the replay...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

£49 gets shifted... to £45! The shifts just aren't doing much to this board yet. "What we needed was a middle-of-the-road creeper game," Archie insists, and he says this is it...

65p
£250
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£45
£11,000
£50,000
£1,000
£187,500

He's predicting. Good round plus diminished jackpot plus lovely shift balance equals... just the other side of ten thousand... he stalls on "ten thousand" deciding what to add on the end!

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£10,600

Went 600 "for no reason whatsoever." Aaron says that mattered...

BANKER'S OFFER

£11,001

Just a 3.6% miss, so a 6.4% Win Boost on top of the already-banked 4.6% for a total of 11.2944% all-in! "That is good." He says he's not making the same mistake as KP who turned that down... in that he's not even considering £11,001 like he did. NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

ONE BOX FROM 5 BOX is the wheel draw... "let's hope you've got a board good enough to take advantage of that!" Aaron notes that even one blue (or fake-blue) would mean a 5-3 positive shift balance.

Box 10 - £5,000. Not blue, not bad. Aaron notes the replay being there on a strong 8-box would be great...

Box 9 - £187,500! Curse.

Box 22 - £45, the fake blue! Now Archie is having second thoughts about the replay. "I'm in a quandary!"

Is the leverage of the replay more valuable than the leverage of the top prize? No. REPLAY ACTIVATED.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

And we go again.

Box 10 - £50,000! "This is a one-box game again!" "If I find it, I'm going to be ill."

Box 9 - £187,500!! :shock: Unbelievable. "This drama... could not be scripted. You have a bad round, you replay it, and you have an even worse one. It's Deal 1996! Your top prize is £11,000!"

Box 22 - £5,000. The second worst round in 165 possibilities, AFTER the replay. Yikes.

£3,000 is shifted... oh, up, to £4,999.

65p
£250
£500

£1,000
£4,999
£45
£11,000
£1,000

"Just make me a meaningless offer and we can continue."

BANKER'S OFFER 

£630

Instant NO DEAL. "He's feeding the tilt, but will he be wrong to do so?"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Penultimate wheel... HALF TOP VALUE. "The Banker's having an absolute field day tonight!" (This got filmed immediately after KP's game against said Banker.) Quickie!

Box 4 - £500

Box 7 - £5,500, so even that top prize is gone.

Box 17 - £250. ONE blue at 5-box in LIVE PLAY... allegedly.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Final shift... 65p... now £3.75. "Get in," snarks Archie. No chance of shift 12 now...

£3.75
£1,000
£4,999
£45
£1,000

Never has a colour balance lied so much about a board.

BANKER'S OFFER 

£888

One at a time from here, remember. NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

On to the bonus offers. Archie is anticipating RICHES TO RAGS... AND GETS IT!

1p
1p
£4,999
1p
1p

No bonus call this time like when this happened in reverse, it'd mean nothing at less than 1% of the stakes that game had...

Box 13 - 1p! That used to be £15,000 an hour ago.

BANKER'S OFFER 

£888 ON NO-UPSIDE 23

"And he can shove it up his backside, NO DEAL"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Box 2 - 1p, the former 10p! "All-red" 3-box with two of the reds being a penny and the other just under five grand. Trolling!

"The hundred grand is literally worth a penny," Archie notes in anger at Double 99!

£1,111

He checks it in the money menu... then says NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Box 14 - 1p! Was £1,000... it's safe to say Archie's tilted at the Double 99 impact tonight! The ex-£100k 1p plays £4,999 at the climax...

OFFER £1,888

Archie is convinced the former £100k, now 1p, is on the table. "Imagine..." He does, and says NO DEAL and SWAP...

...for Box 12, which has... 1p, the former £100k. Bad swap!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:15 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays the Christmas Crossover [170]

Obvious DEAL is obvious on this menu...

QUADRUPLE (4p)
DOUBLE (2p)
+£30,000 (£30,000.01)

MONEY BACK (1p)
HALF (HALF PENNY)
QUARTER (QUARTER PENNY)
NOTHING

...and he can save himself AGAIN with +£30,000 but calls for the HALF...
and GETS IT!

ARCHIE'S TOTAL WINNINGS: HALF PENNY

0.56472p iff the Win Bonus is applied to that. "We've had all the certificates imaginable already..." "We've used 16 trees this series just on certificates!" Second "Win Boost" fractional-penny win of the series, Aaron extracting the weirdest possible revenge for Game 2!

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]